Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

rep for rep

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Should rep 4 rep Reputation count?
yes
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
no
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

Falling_Away_from_me

Group: Members
Gold: 8.50
Clan: HoD II

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 02 Jul 2010 07:04 pm    Post subject: rep for rep Reply with quote

I was looking throught some of the members reputations and i noticed things like * Rep 4 rep * , * Hey , rep me back * and such , and i think things like this should be punishable by warn , you should not have to ask for a rep , you should be rewarded it for being a good member and being liked , not just becuase it was asked for.
calli

Group: Retired Moderators
Donor:
Gold: 202.70
Clan: Honor

gm.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#2 Posted: 02 Jul 2010 07:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea and I understand what you mean but im not sure if you could know everytime if this is a rep 4 rep briggrin or not.
When they are pm'ing each other and then the person says i give you a rep please rep me back and they dont write this in the reputation you cant follow why they really give the rep.

If you Need help feel free to pm me.
Best time to pm me is when you see ->
Falling_Away_from_me

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#3 Posted: 02 Jul 2010 07:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calli wrote:
I like the idea and I understand what you mean but im not sure if you could know everytime if this is a rep 4 rep briggrin or not.
When they are pm'ing each other and then the person says i give you a rep please rep me back and they dont write this in the reputation you cant follow why they really give the rep.

i see where this is gonig but i mean if there caught , cuz in the justice system your inocent untill proven guilty , im saying if there cuaght in the act then they get punished for it , cuz if there just getting free rep's then there reputation is fluad and so would the reputation system in turn, be fluad also derisive

Last edited by Falling_Away_from_me on 02 Jul 2010 07:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nate
Forum Police!

Donor:
Gold: 2007.49

ca.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#4 Posted: 03 Jul 2010 08:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that when someone looks over a users rep and sees that it is a rep for rep or whatever then they can see what type of person that trader is..

I don't think rep for rep is a bad thing because most people dont ever rep the guy back that repped him..

I rarely give a rep to someone these days only because trust level around here is low, with the new members trying to scam and all.

Just be cautious who you rep or who you trade with that has a lot of rep.

How To Get Verified!
http://www.d3jsp.org/viewtopic.php?t=84882
PM Me With ANY Questions Or Concerns smile
Greg
The Random

Group: Banned
Gold: 0.10

us.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#5 Posted: 03 Jul 2010 02:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletchboy123 wrote:
I think that when someone looks over a users rep and sees that it is a rep for rep or whatever then they can see what type of person that trader is..

I don't think rep for rep is a bad thing because most people dont ever rep the guy back that repped him..

I rarely give a rep to someone these days only because trust level around here is low, with the new members trying to scam and all.

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about briggrin.

I mean, look at my reps, they're terrible.. because of something that happened months and months ago, now people look at me differently.. Obviously I've never scammed anyone, but I have a few reps that say otherwise.. I mean if this were true I'd have a scammer tag obviously...

Basically what happened is some guy tried to cheat me out of 5fg and I made a big deal out of it, but in the end I just paid him anyway so he would calm down. In fact, I think he got banned or something a few weeks later XP

Falling_Away_from_me

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 03 Jul 2010 03:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephius wrote:
Fletchboy123 wrote:

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about briggrin.

I mean, look at my reps, they're terrible.. because of something that happened months and months ago, now people look at me differently.. Obviously I've never scammed anyone, but I have a few reps that say otherwise.. I mean if this were true I'd have a scammer tag obviously...

Basically what happened is some guy tried to cheat me out of 5fg and I made a big deal out of it, but in the end I just paid him anyway so he would calm down. In fact, I think he got banned or something a few weeks later XP

im saying new ones like that , it has nothing to do with vouching people just people ASKING to be rep'd .... that should be illegal when spotted , provided its new , there should be a warn implamented.
Tyrael
Forum Villain

Donor:
Gold: 352.10

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#7 Posted: 03 Jul 2010 06:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off negative reputation reviews should be edited as soon as it is possible.
Second, it is encouraged that every one reviews the reputations of others before considering it as a measure.

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 03 Jul 2010 06:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrael wrote:
First off negative reputation reviews should be edited as soon as it is possible.
Second, it is encouraged that every one reviews the reputations of others before considering it as a measure.

mhm , but the thing about the rep is it shouldnt be asked for it should be giving without request should be for actually gaining a reputation.
the_pillo
The Magnificent

Group: Verified Member
Donor:
Gold: 0.00

us.gif

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 03 Jul 2010 08:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falling_Away_from_me wrote:
Tyrael wrote:

mhm , but the thing about the rep is it shouldnt be asked for it should be giving without request should be for actually gaining a reputation.

you can be the person that choose to do that, i only rep the person back if i can trust them. If i dont think ic an trust you and you rep me, i will never rep them back. and if someone reps me and turns into a scammer i report the rep.

just be honest and good and the reps you do get will be worth much more than the +1 reps ever will be, and people will notice this. the ones that all their rep says something like "rep me back, or +1 rep for you" then you know it isnt a honest rep. Each user interprets what they see differently.

EDIT:
I just wanted to add that putting a warn on the rep system is a terrible idea. Some people feel obligated to rep back after they have received one. And besides it would just turn from "+1 rep for you" to something a little harder to spot. its not like it will stop

Last edited by the_pillo on 03 Jul 2010 08:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Happiness is a disease, and smiling is the cough that spreads it - pillo-

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falling_Away_from_me

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 03 Jul 2010 08:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pillo wrote:
Tyrael wrote:

you can be the person that choose to do that, i only rep the person back if i can trust them. If i dont think ic an trust you and you rep me, i will never rep them back. and if someone reps me and turns into a scammer i report the rep.

just be honest and good and the reps you do get will be worth much more than the +1 reps ever will be, and people will notice this. the ones that all their rep says something like "rep me back, or +1 rep for you" then you know it isnt a honest rep. Each user interprets what they see differently.

EDIT:
I just wanted to add that putting a warn on the rep system is a terrible idea. Some people feel obligated to rep back after they have received one. And besides it would just turn from "+1 rep for you" to something a little harder to spot. its not like it will stop

fine, if everyone feels so strongly about this i will drop it and leave the issue be.
the_pillo
The Magnificent

Group: Verified Member
Donor:
Gold: 0.00

us.gif

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 03 Jul 2010 09:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pillo wrote:
Tyrael wrote:

EDIT:

fine, if everyone feels so strongly about this i will drop it and leave the issue be.

i didnt want to break ya down, i was merely saying that its hard to fix the system. there would be more complaining about the warns given for reps than anything. and how do you punish past offenders? you cant allow it and then all of the sudden say you cant do it and punish people for past offenses.

keep brainstorming ideas mi amigo, im kind of playing the devils advocate for ya, you gotta make an airtight case against mine... once you do that, boom it will probably get implemented. but, you need this bouncing of ideas in order to finalize one that works and gets the job done. instead of changing it quickly and having a lot of problems..

Happiness is a disease, and smiling is the cough that spreads it - pillo-

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stfu

Donor:
Gold: Locked

br.gif

Warn:

Post#12 Posted: 03 Jul 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rep or not cant trust msot people on d3jsp these days ;/
Falling_Away_from_me

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#13 Posted: 04 Jul 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pillo wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
Tyrael wrote:

EDIT:

i didnt want to break ya down, i was merely saying that its hard to fix the system. there would be more complaining about the warns given for reps than anything. and how do you punish past offenders? you cant allow it and then all of the sudden say you cant do it and punish people for past offenses.

keep brainstorming ideas mi amigo, im kind of playing the devils advocate for ya, you gotta make an airtight case against mine... once you do that, boom it will probably get implemented. but, you need this bouncing of ideas in order to finalize one that works and gets the job done. instead of changing it quickly and having a lot of problems..

the idea was to implament it now , past offenders get nothing , anyone offering fg for it, rep for rep , items for rep cought now should be warnesd , but something that happened in the past should be over looked , it happened when the rule wasnt around , also i think it should be impled with the system i mean its common logic derisive
bongogocrazy

Group: VIP
Donor:
Gold: 911.10
Clan: Truth

us.gif

Warn:

VIP

Post#14 Posted: 04 Jul 2010 04:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i see someone's rep has the words rep me back in it then i feel it wasn't a legit trade rep.

Gold: 2.00
Clan: Piękni i Bogaci

us.gif

Warn:

Post#15 Posted: 08 Jul 2010 08:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure

spiochek_ma_bana

Gold: Locked
Clan: Piękni i Bogaci

wz.gif

Warn:

Post#16 Posted: 08 Jul 2010 08:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more reps, even if its not writen "rep 4 rep" works as a payback.

Every rep which is nice and asslicking makes other person to rep back same way. Gay, but u cannot do anything about it.

I love Britney and her music, because is the backbone to my music taste.
Without her support, I would end up feeling lost when I need to gain courage during hard times, cheer up or relax.
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: