Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

mac vs pc!!!
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

pc or mac?
mac
23%
 23%  [ 23 ]
pc
76%
 76%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 96

Schoolhacker

Group: Senior Moderator
Gold: 935.14

ca.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=Blue>Senior Moderator</font></b>

Post#61 Posted: 24 Nov 2008 01:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braindead wrote:
Schoolhacker wrote:
pcs crash yes... but you can just press control alt delete and kill process tree and be done with it... as for a mac... sometimes when i am using it it crashes and then when i try to go force quit ... the finder creashed LOL!!! so i just had to restart the whole thing... since even if i got the finder back up... a mac has too little ram so it just becomes really really slow... so i would have to restart anyway... mac crash=restart and time... pc crash too but recoverable...

computers go out of date every 2 years... so a pc you could just update it... mac? no... so you have to buy a new one...

this pc i am using now i have been using it for 5 years now... all i have to do is buy a new part half a year or so to keep up with the technology...

btw... photoshop runs ultra smooth on a pc.. but sometimes on a mac it lags alot... i have never used a mac that does not lag like shit lol

try running autocad on a mac... it would crash it everytime... if you dont know what it is... its a drafting program that is ultra big and requires quite a bit of ram during rendering... so macs just can't handel it...thats why my school has a special computer lab just for that... and they are pcs lol

no try to talk about this with me lol.. the world has already spoken... anything a mac can do... a pc can... but a pc can do soooo much more...

name anything lol! the advertisment people from mac are dumb... and for dumb people who doesn't know that pc's power lol

plus $2000 vs. $700? LOL

cASE CLOSED... the poll stats that pc > mac lol

Ok, yes way, i can run vista, no, photoshop doesn't lag.. i dont know what kind of mac u have at ur school, 10.1 something?

Yes i know what Autocad is, i have cad programms, not autocad. But I doubt a 3-4 gb ram handel that program smooth..

Alsol, u compare mac's expensiviest with pc's cheapest. My mac costed me only 700 - 800 USD anyway.. Btw, a $2000 mac, up to 36 gb ram (36000 mb), for exampel.. I haven't seen any $700 pc that big..

About updates, i had a 4 year old mac still getting software uppdates.. Hardware upgrades is not impossibel..

Ok, i leav it here, i guess im just unluckey in front of a pc and luckey in front of a mac.. Or whatever, if thinking a pc really is so much better makes you feel good then im ok.. mellow
... your wayyyyy uninformed... btw... that 1pc = 3mac thing is actually pc=3.546mac... its derived from this equation using economy, usefull ness, servisable parts, blah blah blah... the euqations has like at least 30 variables... i didn't make it up... its the truth lol...

besides... look at the poll... AND THE WORLD!!! you lost lol

though i wouldn't say i won lol, since mac seems to be better in the music part of the economy and marketing... ex: ipod, iphone, i touch...
microsoft has stuff to counter that but its just a crapy zune that has a huge screen... so ya....

btw... when you say your unlucky in front of a pc... what do you mean? what kind of pc? pentium 1? pentium 3? pentium 3? or pentium 4? pentium D? Duel core? quad core?
there are wayyyyy to many classes of pc... i was talking about an average computer... if you take the best of the best pc like a quadcore... it has 4 times the pricessing power of a mac since a mac only has 1 cpu... and a quadcore has 4... and i doubt you have the best duel core mac... they cause 2000-2500...

look at the best pc... here is a link... FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS: http://www.alienware.com/

ooops... my bad... quadecore is old now... they have pentium I7 LOL!!!! THATS 7 TIMES MORE POWERFUL!!! lol ... EVEN I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT... i have not been to the alienware site for a while now... and some how this is what they have now....

sorry about the ownage... its just how it is lol... you should really hop on the pc train... as for the mac computer part? their personal computer line is on the verge of dieing... its now just using governments and stuff to keep it self up... thats why my school and your school are using macs...

Group: Members
Donor:
Gold: 4.60
Clan: Truth

pl.gif

Warn:

Post#62 Posted: 26 Feb 2010 06:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like pc more just because ive been using it for longer but i dont mind working on macs

Eltron20

Donor:
Gold: 1.00
Clan: vL

pl.gif

Warn:

Post#63 Posted: 26 Feb 2010 08:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i vote pc only because don't like work mac's and thet don't have enough compatibility with programs...

Gold: 111.00
Clan: Wypierdalaj

is.gif

Warn:

Post#64 Posted: 26 Feb 2010 05:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC FTW!

Gold: 8.90
Clan: D3JSP

fr.gif

Warn:

Post#65 Posted: 26 Feb 2010 08:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

win 7 on a mac smile
★ Junglist ★

Donor:
Gold: 0.86
Clan: drum & bass

Warn:

Post#66 Posted: 27 Feb 2010 09:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC smile

Gold: 8.50

up.gif

Warn:

Post#67 Posted: 28 Feb 2010 02:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac is for kids
+it's not very comfortable and I don't like mouse's
lol nice video ^^:

Link

PC+Windows is only way to go if you like to code/web develop/or make serious 3d/graphic arts

The Magnificent

Group: Verified Member
Donor:
Gold: 0.00
Clan: Honor

us.gif

Warn:

Post#68 Posted: 28 Feb 2010 04:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after using both extensively.....

i would have to say it all depends on what you want to use it for...

Business+art+industry related things = Mac

Games=PC

I found that the interface and how everything works together is amazing on the mac, much more integrated with its programs. i absolutely love mine for using things like CS4, zbrush, audacity,(garage band is fun when your bored too). Most major games are mac capable(not all but the good ones atleast like blizzard games, all of the age of empires/mythology, Call of duties, etc. Biggest downside for gaming though is the fact that any non major company doesnt make mac compatible games. such as guildwars and many others. I have to say though, i found the mac call of duty mw2 much better graphic wise than the PC version.

As for the pc, everything is made for it. There pretty much is not a program not made for pc lol. They can use autoit(something i miss from the switch from pc to mac). downside of pc = massive amounts of viruses, spyware, and malware completely targeting windows,ive had less "fatal errors" on mac than i did windows. While i am not saying mac is immune, the second they get a large percentage of the market they will be targeted and mac will scramble just like windows to fix it(lets hope they beat them to the gun and build in features to block viruses and such)

if you want a business computer i would choose mac (even microsoft programs run better in mac lol) if you want a play computer go pc.

I myself, will buy one more PC, which i will partition with mac so i can have a combo smile

EDIT:
Alot of the complaints are based on the mouse..... i went to staples and bought a 20$ microsoft usb optical mouse....... works just fine and its ergonomical... so the mouse isnt a complaint tongue

P.S.
I use a mac probook, with 4gb ram, and 500gb harddrive. 2.8 ghz intel core 2 duo.
with OSX i have the option of runing 32 and 64 bit. i suggest 64 bit for things like million polygon zbrush editing.
I have seen PC's lag more on a 300PPI photoshop than my mac. I can paint with confidence without the awful 2 second lag you get with a pc.

Last edited by the_pillo on 28 Feb 2010 04:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Happiness is a disease, and smiling is the cough that spreads it - pillo-

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Vitan

Group: Scammer
Donor:
Gold: Locked
Clan: Legends

si.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#69 Posted: 28 Feb 2010 01:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac is the future.

Group: Retired Moderators
Donor:
Gold: 9.83
Clan: Amazing Virgins

gm.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#70 Posted: 01 Mar 2010 05:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted pc smile
JohnyCage

pl.gif

Warn:

Post#71 Posted: 01 Mar 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pc
nJogurt
Wojownik internetu

Clan: Wypierdalaj

pl.gif

Warn:

Post#72 Posted: 01 Mar 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for programist mac

for random user pc

Schoolhacker

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#73 Posted: 01 Mar 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... pc owns!!!

now with windows 7 out... there are sooo much more things you can do on a PC where you can't do on a mac lol!!! briggrin

Gold: 256.40
Clan: The Dude Abides

uk.gif

Warn:

Post#74 Posted: 03 Mar 2010 07:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ukraine wrote:
Mac is for kids
lol nice video ^^:

Link

PC+Windows is only way to go if you like to code/web develop/or make serious 3d/graphic arts

That's a fucking joke, right?
You know Photoshop/Illustrator/Whatever runs better on a Mac, right?
I'm guessing you've never heard of Coda? It blows every other web dev program to dust. Oh, and it's Mac exclusive.
There's a reason the vast majority of web design and graphic art professionals use Mac's.

As far as 3D stuff, pc's have the edge there, but only because the hardware is easier to upgrade, the software runs much better on a Mac than on a PC.

Why the fuck is everyone complaining about the mouse? That shiny new gaming mouse you've just bought for your PC will work just as well on a Mac.

Schoolhacker

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#75 Posted: 03 Mar 2010 03:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veilside wrote:
Ukraine wrote:
Mac is for kids
lol nice video ^^:

Link

That's a fucking joke, right?
You know Photoshop/Illustrator/Whatever runs better on a Mac, right?
I'm guessing you've never heard of Coda? It blows every other web dev program to dust. Oh, and it's Mac exclusive.
There's a reason the vast majority of web design and graphic art professionals use Mac's.

As far as 3D stuff, pc's have the edge there, but only because the hardware is easier to upgrade, the software runs much better on a Mac than on a PC.

Why the fuck is everyone complaining about the mouse? That shiny new gaming mouse you've just bought for your PC will work just as well on a Mac.
lol... this is a complete computer noob talking...

i dont even want to start this again... since they always either loose... give up... or cray around like an idiot...

uk.gif

Warn:

Post#76 Posted: 03 Mar 2010 05:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computer noob?

Let me guess, you've never used a modern mac? Right.

Schoolhacker

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#77 Posted: 03 Mar 2010 05:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veilside wrote:
Computer noob?

yeah... of course...

i have 6 pcs and a mac tongue

p.s. i am a professional programmer...

uk.gif

Warn:

Post#78 Posted: 04 Mar 2010 04:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schoolhacker wrote:
Veilside wrote:
Computer noob?

yeah... of course...

And you're too thick to realise that Mac's are better than PC's for certain applications?

Schoolhacker

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#79 Posted: 04 Mar 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veilside wrote:
Schoolhacker wrote:
Veilside wrote:
Computer noob?

yeah... of course...

And you're too thick to realise that Mac's are better than PC's for certain applications?
nope...
seriously... name 1 application that is better on a mac then on a pc...

trust me.. the saying of some applications run better on a mac then a pc is a complete myth...

i have tried everything btw... and a pc will always be cheaper and more powerful then any macintosh...

can your macintosh be upgraded to an equivalent speed of a core i7 then overclocked to almost 2 times the speed with an add on cpu cooler to balance it off?
can you rig your macintosh to run on nothing but solid state hard drives and start up with in a millisecond?
can your macintosh run bioshock on full graphics with out any upgrades on full graphics?
can your macintosh run windows7, linux, and mac OS X at the same time?

sorry... i am too lazy to keep typing he list... but serously... name 1 thing that your mac can do and a pc can't...

p.s. i bought a macintosh because i had too much money around and was bord... and though about trying something new....
i hacked the mac and broke it down to bare bones in both hardware and software and determined that it is no better then a pc in many many many ways...

p.p.s and if you think you can do movie editing and photoshop better on a mac then a pc... then you obviously have not seen how they work (IDENTICALLY!) on a pc... (oh... and personnaly i find that the tool bars are easier and more conveniently located on a pc then a mac...)

uk.gif

Warn:

Post#80 Posted: 04 Mar 2010 02:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coda? Final Cut? They're both much better programs than their PC counterparts, also, Mac only.

Sure, PC's are cheaper, and you can overclock them, but average joe doesn't need to do that, and doesn't care about it either.

By the way, I use a pc, not a Mac.

11 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: