Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Mf questions
Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

xXxNeCroSiSxXx

Group: Members
Gold: 4.80
Clan: D3JSP

ro.gif

Warn:

Post#21 Posted: 13 Mar 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz wrote:
PuReAzNpRiDe wrote:
yea but that hits no bp..and wit full inventory of smfcs..how am i gonna pick up items O.o

1) it hits the fcr breakpoint
2) fhr is not useful if you pvm (i.e. mf)
3) you can still pick up items. just follow my simple and trusty guide:

press "I" to open ur inventory, then click on the item that's on the ground (it goes to your cursor), then click on your cube (it goes into your cube)
simple as that.

vouch thats what i would have said ^>^

PuReAzNpRiDe
Tian Shan

Group: Guild Leader
Gold: 4.41

hk.gif

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#22 Posted: 16 Mar 2007 02:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxNeCroSiSxXx wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:
PuReAzNpRiDe wrote:
yea but that hits no bp..and wit full inventory of smfcs..how am i gonna pick up items O.o

1) it hits the fcr breakpoint
2) fhr is not useful if you pvm (i.e. mf)
3) you can still pick up items. just follow my simple and trusty guide:

press "I" to open ur inventory, then click on the item that's on the ground (it goes to your cursor), then click on your cube (it goes into your cube)
simple as that.

vouch thats what i would have said ^>^

thats so much more work.. and time consuming..though..and if you find an item you want u gotta open tp..run to stash..open cube..drag it to stash..then go bak 4 the other items and do same

bannana_rama_hc

Group: Guild Members
Gold: 25.17

Warn:

Guild Members

Post#23 Posted: 19 Mar 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i use hoto setup
topaz shako
umd hoz
1 perf nagel 1 raven(for easier Mcool
Travs (only 35% lol its lad i got this stuff free)
mages
and arach maras
almost forgot. enigma rofls briggrin i recomend low str. mfers usually shouldnt be wearing aps. because when u die(u will sometime or another) If u wanna get your corpse u usually have to equip an str ammy for things to go smoothly (one corpse click)
In this setup i get like 250-275 mf with my gheeds and some smfcs(not that many at all) mainly because enigma gives a bonus, and so does shako. I also do 12-13k depending if i wear my soj or not, imo anything above 350 besides 900+ which ive never tried doesnt preform very well on a HAMMERDIN. Sorceresses on the otherhand seem to succeed with entirely different number ranges from my experiments(anything above 600 works great) but hammerdins are all around better for mfing as far as stability goes. Also whoever said fhr doesnt matter is wrong even tho not much u should shoot for atleast 15-27 fhr(nothing fancy like pvp style.) if u dont u will have 9 frame hit recovery(0%) as opposed to a possibly 6 frame(a mere 27 fhr) Tmc is gg for mf. if u use that. u only need about 15% to reach 3 to 4 frame fhr. Trust me this matters especially around Nhilithak(Sp? lol) And places like on the way to baal chaos etc. Where if u dont have fhr u will got romped. MAX BLOCK is also another MUST with an hdin. u sacrifice a very small ammount of life for much needed and affective block with your holy shield.

the best places to mf from experience are
Key runs(u usually dont find anything good. just if u wanna do keys)

A1
The pit(Tamoe highland cave)- in the pit usually level 2 is the only thing u wanna bother with but if u find bosses along the way or champions, they all have high Mlvls and are worth killing.
The forgotten tower- Altho probably not high Mlvls the tower provides u with ALOT of boss monsters and champions throughout its 5 levels. possibly worth stopping short to kill them if u see them.
Catacombs 2-4(andariel)- I say 2-4 because on the way there are many boss monsters Dont bother looking for them. but if ur legit teleing theres a gurantee ull run into a group

a2:
Really the only good mf in a2 is arcane. with the chests at each end and occasional monsters around. If you want u can mf duriel if ur using mh or another way to find his symbol is to check the floating holograms behind the summoner area. and whichever one ISNT floating, is the true sign.(duriel seems to very rarely drop anything at all of usefulness but for some reason ive found maras from him 3 times before. i think he has an increased jewelery drop, and he almost always drops a TP scroll lol

a3:
Travincal- Trav is pro for gold finding and jewelery from my experience. but sometimes charms also. ive never found good uniques but i seem to find valuable things on occasion otherwise.
Mephisto- Some people rave about mephisto saying he is the best boss to mf. With a hammerdin ive not really found anything amazing. but he does seem to drop alot of uniques and rares. Seems to me like sorceresses benefeit from him the most.

a4:
Chaos is the only place here. and if u can handle it. stopping to kill the boss monsters and champions is WELL WORTH IT they have extremely high mlvls. and most of u know hell chaos just seems to randomly shit out golden eggs (ive found a 40 life ele and a 2/3/33 base life red pelt with sage(no i dont have the pelt anymore lol)

a5:
There are many places to mf in act 5. but the basic ones that i do are
Eldritch<-- can drop the godliest flippin rare stuff.
Shenk<-- just kill him cuz hes a nearby super unique not sure if ive ever found anything.
Nhilithak
Baal<-- i always find gg stuff on the throne but never from the man himself lol

KEEP IN MIND. if u want to do pindle runs(i recomend this for sorcs) u cannot kill nhilithak. or the portal will be closed.(u could always tele backwards a few levels if u have maphack.)

Theres your bannana novel. be proud briggrin dont worry it took me like about 3-5 mins to type so no problem tongue

Last edited by bannana_rama_hc on 19 Mar 2007 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
treezzzzz

Group: Scammer
Gold: Locked
Clan: Transformers

us.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#24 Posted: 23 Mar 2007 02:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using that setup with essentially the same gear as any other hammerdin is a big inefficiency and a huge mistake for a mfing char. Now you may point out that each gear choice only increases the mf by a bit and that inefficiency will not result in a huge difference since the enigma itself gives so much, but each small part counts and adds up. You will be mfing many, many games in order to find godly stuff and trade material, and each point of inefficiency is magnified hundredfold, even thousandfold over the course of your mfing runs. I suspect that banana has not actually given my build very much testing or, for that matter, much thought even, but I have tested both setups and have found this latter one to be far superior. Every extra mf counts, and I have personally witnessed how my old hammerdin at 300-ish mf finds only on average 1-2 grand charms in a chaos run, while my new model finds up to 4-5 per run (I use charms in chaos runs because godly charms are a much-sought-after item and finding more gives you a greater chance to find a godly one, and chaosing is the natural mf spot for a hammerdin, as he is able to take full advantage of his vs undead bonus as well as redemption).

First of all, a gear choice that involves magefist is not going to cut it, because it neglects one of the larges and most efficeint mf boosts that you can get from a single swap: the exchange of only 20% fcr for 40% mf on chance guards. You dont lose a singel skill point and gain vast mf. Now of course you are below the fcr breakpoint. What happen? I use an ist's wizardspike to compensate. At this point you may well ask: "Jim are you smoking crack? +3 skills is huge! you will do so little damage and you're exchanging it for a measly 30% mf!". True, +3 skill is indeed a massive ~2.5k damage loss, BUT in this case, if you think carefully, Ist'd wizzardspike achieves 3 subtle goals for us: (1) it gives us mana enough to forgo the sojs while still being able to tele to high-end mf places such as baal, mephisto, andy, and the like, (2) it gives us MASSIVE resistances that allows us to replace the UM runes in our hoz and shako without dying to souls and other elemental damage monsters, (3) it allows us to achieve requisite faster cast for the replacement of the magefists. Although each individually trivial, these three factors add up to TREMENDOUS mfing power for the wizardspike and renders it a weapon that we cannot do without. The wizardspike gives us +30% mf on the wizzardspike's ist, +40% from ability to use chance guards, +40-55% from replacing an soj and an fcr ring with mf (these can range from 10% mf to a whopping 25%, depending on how hard you look and how much you are willing to spend), and another 30% from using 2 ist runes in our shako and hoz instead of ums. Now at this point you may say well i can use the ist's and nagels anyways with hoto/magefist setup, but then you are losing buffness against elemental mobs and ability to tele without jubbing or going to town; remember that although we would like to optimize our mf, we must not allow the mf to render the character itself impotent and unable to kill mf monsters quickly and efficiently, as that equates to less mf runs finished and less items found. Now for the charms, 7% mfscs are relatively cheap and are a MUST for good mfing, as using 28 of them gives us 196% mf, a force to be reckoned with. The small pause in hitting "i", clicking the item, and putting it in your cube when you happen to find a good one is made up for by having immense mf. Remember that mf works through brute force of running vast numbers of games rather than finding a lot of good items quickly, so the times you will have to do this is not as often as you think, takes less time than you think, and trips to town can be removed by carrying an id tome and seeing if the item is any good on the spot.

Now that I have addressed your concerns about how to make maximum mf while maintaining potency, let us move on to the next subject (mainly banana's critique of fhr and armor choice). Through the countless mf runs that I have done, I have seen that fhr is really only a luxury and unless you suck there is no run that requires you to have it. If it is your preference to have some, then just replace a couple mf sc's with it and be done, but there is not real necessity that demands fhr. My current hammerdin has 0% fhr, and does not get "romped" while teleing to chaos/baal/meph and is able to recover and keep hammering before monsters can land a second hit in almost all cases; the high defense and block that comes with holy shield makes fhr very very optional. I can easily solo all the mf spots including chaos/trav/baal/nilathak without gettting destroyed unless there is a lag spike, in which case even the best fhr cannot save you. Also, contrary to what banana claims, AP enigma is NOT a bad thing for mfing, as only 5-15 or so str is needed beyond base str (depending on anni/torch and other items that you may or may not be using; in the off case that you are retardedly rich and use a stat ammy like slippers then no extra str is needed) to wear ap engima, and the extra defense in having an archon plate is rather nice (300+ more than mp, 900+ more than bp) and lets you get hit fewer times. Furthermore, this extra base str allows you to wear all of your other equipment and enables a 1-click corpse re-equip in the off-chance that you should die (you are, after all, piloting a hammerdin, one of the buffest casters in the game).

As for the other ones, max block and max res are of course a must as everyone knows. I would personally recommend a slightly stacked up res configuration (using wizzarspike etc) so that doom knights casting lower resist and unique souls aura enchanted with conviction dont mess you up.

Join Clan Transformers Today!! (links below)
Clan Forums Recruitment Thread
bannana_rama_hc

Group: Guild Members
Gold: 25.17

Warn:

Guild Members

Post#25 Posted: 23 Mar 2007 07:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its almost like ur mocking me lol t_T anyways yea its just opinion really. i write novels but i like to not include TOO much random stuff. i understand where ur coming from. mfing is random, and i find my way works good for my circumstance
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#26 Posted: 25 Mar 2007 03:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bannana_rama_hc wrote:
Its almost like ur mocking me lol t_T anyways yea its just opinion really. i write novels but i like to not include TOO much random stuff. i understand where ur coming from. mfing is random, and i find my way works good for my circumstance

lol no offense mang was just defending my build choices

PuReAzNpRiDe
Tian Shan

hk.gif

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#27 Posted: 26 Mar 2007 05:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz wrote:
Using that setup with essentially the same gear as any other hammerdin is a big inefficiency and a huge mistake for a mfing char. Now you may point out that each gear choice only increases the mf by a bit and that inefficiency will not result in a huge difference since the enigma itself gives so much, but each small part counts and adds up. You will be mfing many, many games in order to find godly stuff and trade material, and each point of inefficiency is magnified hundredfold, even thousandfold over the course of your mfing runs. I suspect that banana has not actually given my build very much testing or, for that matter, much thought even, but I have tested both setups and have found this latter one to be far superior. Every extra mf counts, and I have personally witnessed how my old hammerdin at 300-ish mf finds only on average 1-2 grand charms in a chaos run, while my new model finds up to 4-5 per run (I use charms in chaos runs because godly charms are a much-sought-after item and finding more gives you a greater chance to find a godly one, and chaosing is the natural mf spot for a hammerdin, as he is able to take full advantage of his vs undead bonus as well as redemption).

First of all, a gear choice that involves magefist is not going to cut it, because it neglects one of the larges and most efficeint mf boosts that you can get from a single swap: the exchange of only 20% fcr for 40% mf on chance guards. You dont lose a singel skill point and gain vast mf. Now of course you are below the fcr breakpoint. What happen? I use an ist's wizardspike to compensate. At this point you may well ask: "Jim are you smoking crack? +3 skills is huge! you will do so little damage and you're exchanging it for a measly 30% mf!". True, +3 skill is indeed a massive ~2.5k damage loss, BUT in this case, if you think carefully, Ist'd wizzardspike achieves 3 subtle goals for us: (1) it gives us mana enough to forgo the sojs while still being able to tele to high-end mf places such as baal, mephisto, andy, and the like, (2) it gives us MASSIVE resistances that allows us to replace the UM runes in our hoz and shako without dying to souls and other elemental damage monsters, (3) it allows us to achieve requisite faster cast for the replacement of the magefists. Although each individually trivial, these three factors add up to TREMENDOUS mfing power for the wizardspike and renders it a weapon that we cannot do without. The wizardspike gives us +30% mf on the wizzardspike's ist, +40% from ability to use chance guards, +40-55% from replacing an soj and an fcr ring with mf (these can range from 10% mf to a whopping 25%, depending on how hard you look and how much you are willing to spend), and another 30% from using 2 ist runes in our shako and hoz instead of ums. Now at this point you may say well i can use the ist's and nagels anyways with hoto/magefist setup, but then you are losing buffness against elemental mobs and ability to tele without jubbing or going to town; remember that although we would like to optimize our mf, we must not allow the mf to render the character itself impotent and unable to kill mf monsters quickly and efficiently, as that equates to less mf runs finished and less items found. Now for the charms, 7% mfscs are relatively cheap and are a MUST for good mfing, as using 28 of them gives us 196% mf, a force to be reckoned with. The small pause in hitting "i", clicking the item, and putting it in your cube when you happen to find a good one is made up for by having immense mf. Remember that mf works through brute force of running vast numbers of games rather than finding a lot of good items quickly, so the times you will have to do this is not as often as you think, takes less time than you think, and trips to town can be removed by carrying an id tome and seeing if the item is any good on the spot.

Now that I have addressed your concerns about how to make maximum mf while maintaining potency, let us move on to the next subject (mainly banana's critique of fhr and armor choice). Through the countless mf runs that I have done, I have seen that fhr is really only a luxury and unless you suck there is no run that requires you to have it. If it is your preference to have some, then just replace a couple mf sc's with it and be done, but there is not real necessity that demands fhr. My current hammerdin has 0% fhr, and does not get "romped" while teleing to chaos/baal/meph and is able to recover and keep hammering before monsters can land a second hit in almost all cases; the high defense and block that comes with holy shield makes fhr very very optional. I can easily solo all the mf spots including chaos/trav/baal/nilathak without gettting destroyed unless there is a lag spike, in which case even the best fhr cannot save you. Also, contrary to what banana claims, AP enigma is NOT a bad thing for mfing, as only 5-15 or so str is needed beyond base str (depending on anni/torch and other items that you may or may not be using; in the off case that you are retardedly rich and use a stat ammy like slippers then no extra str is needed) to wear ap engima, and the extra defense in having an archon plate is rather nice (300+ more than mp, 900+ more than bp) and lets you get hit fewer times. Furthermore, this extra base str allows you to wear all of your other equipment and enables a 1-click corpse re-equip in the off-chance that you should die (you are, after all, piloting a hammerdin, one of the buffest casters in the game).

As for the other ones, max block and max res are of course a must as everyone knows. I would personally recommend a slightly stacked up res configuration (using wizzarspike etc) so that doom knights casting lower resist and unique souls aura enchanted with conviction dont mess you up.

i read only 1 paragraph and i i got 3 letters for this..

TMC

treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#28 Posted: 26 Mar 2007 05:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuReAzNpRiDe wrote:

TMC

you use hacks? well if so then ur better of watching tv instead because at least that has more variety.

PuReAzNpRiDe
Tian Shan

hk.gif

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#29 Posted: 26 Mar 2007 05:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz wrote:
PuReAzNpRiDe wrote:

TMC

you use hacks? well if so then ur better of watching tv instead because at least that has more variety.

Nope i dont use H@X..
i tried the hoto build mfing.. was to slow
i tried the wiz was did to lil dmg..

then i finaly settle it witl jus going bak to dueling..so my mfin hdin is sittin

treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#30 Posted: 26 Mar 2007 05:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too little damage? i real plenty of damage with my build is enuf to kill any chaos monster in 1-2 hit

1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: