Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Mediator Mediating d2jsp fg vs real $$ trades

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

SpiderPig

Group: Members
Gold: 8.00

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 09 Apr 2010 08:51 pm    Post subject: Mediator Mediating d2jsp fg vs real $$ trades Reply with quote

Hi d3jsp admin and moderators, I am making this thread seeking a change on how mediators work on this site.

First of all, this is my idea for mediators helping in d2jsp fg vs real money trades to prevent scam.

I was recently scammed 2k fg because I gave the person the fg first and he never sent me WU money, however this could of easily been avoided by the following method:

Scenario:
Involved persons: Seller, Buyer, Mediator
What is the trade? 2k fg for $36 WU Money

Trade process:
1. Seller & Buyer notifiy Mediator about their trade description
2. Once mediator agrees to the transaction and mediates
3. Seller sends Mediator 2k d2jsp fg
4. Mediator PMs buyer and confirms he has the 2k fg.
5. Buyer sends Seller $36 WU Money
6. Seller picks up money and confirms with Mediator that he has the money
7. Mediator then sends the Buyer 2k d2jsp
8. Everyone is happy and process takes less then 10 steps. Smooth trade.

The mediator is only involved by HOLDING the forum gold until the Seller receives his money. In no way does the mediator hold the real money.

I am just asking: how is this any different from the mediator mediating a d2jsp fg / d3jsp fg trade?

Also, even with mediating deals, PayPal transactions can easily be 1. bank reversed via a stolen paypal, 2. chargeback via credit card even as PayPal Gift. But I am not asking mediators to mediate PayPal deals but only WU and Poker Money!!

Thanks for your time. Just trying to help cut down the scammers.
Nate
Forum Police!

Group: Retired Moderators
Donor:
Gold: 2007.49

ca.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#2 Posted: 09 Apr 2010 09:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great guidelines for us to go by. I thank you for bringing this more detailed to our attention.
Thank you. The fight against the scamming is appreciated.

How To Get Verified!
http://www.d3jsp.org/viewtopic.php?t=84882
PM Me With ANY Questions Or Concerns smile
Tyrael
Forum Villain

Donor:
Gold: 352.10

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#3 Posted: 09 Apr 2010 09:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is how all previous transactions have been done to my knowledge, no moderator has done otherwise.

But that is where I correct you; we are moderators, not mediators. Mediators are trustworthy people only, necessary for a site large enough to need them.
That being said, our moderators assist in localities large in subject; in other words, Diablo 2 trading. It is one of the recurring characteristics of a JSP, and one characteristic not evident in either D2jsp or D3jsp is supported Forum Gold trades.

D2jsp completely denies the accessibility, but we are not D2jsp. D3jsp is a liberal JSP, and it is not damaging to us as it is to D2jsp to allow trading their Forum Gold.

Since we have a free hand to allow a luxury they cannot (this luxury forbidden and tabooed by D2jsp), it is a waste of effort to try and secure these illegal trades for you, when even that is not guaranteed.

Simply put, when we try to cover an already-dangerous trade that we already admit to not support, it is our moderator's online forum reputation, and both our D3jsp and D2jsp accounts at risk.

So we kindly ask that users trading D2jsp accounts and Forum Gold, please keep the unsupported, dangerous operation to yourself.

-Tyrael
D3jsp Staff

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 09 Apr 2010 09:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Fletch.

If this guideline for d2jsp fg vs real money trade is approved by the d3jsp staff and mediators, I along with the traders would very much appreciate if this guideline would be Stickied on the Selling/Trading forum so that as much scam can be prevented as possible.

Edit:
Tyrael, I understand that the mediator's d2jsp account could be at risk but again, if they are not comfortable mediating the deals, it is fine. However could they just make a new d2jsp account and not use their real d2jsp accounts to hold the fg?

Last edited by SpiderPig on 09 Apr 2010 09:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyrael
Forum Villain

Donor:
Gold: 352.10

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#5 Posted: 09 Apr 2010 09:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiderPig wrote:
Thank you Fletch.

If this guideline for d2jsp fg vs real money trade is approved by the d3jsp staff and mediators, I along with the traders would very much appreciate if this guideline would be Stickied on the Selling/Trading forum so that as much scam can be prevented as possible.

Edit:
Tyrael, I understand that the mediator's d2jsp account could be at risk but again, if they are not comfortable mediating the deals, it is fine. However could they just make a new d2jsp account and not use their real d2jsp accounts to hold the fg?
This puts strife on the user's IP, and potentially blacklists their ability to ever make an account on that site again.
It simply is not a matter of being comfortable, it is a site standard, it is a safeguard that goes beyond the individual in order to keep everyone's affairs their affairs, and whether you think it is an unfair disadvantage for you, it has always been a risk that you've known about from the beginning.

Group: Banned
Gold: Locked

us.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#6 Posted: 09 Apr 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was a mediator I would never assist in the trade of fg for $$$ or d2jsp accounts.

It puts them at risk of losing their own d2jsp account and FG

Not worth it, find someone you can trust or make FG the real way imo

Wish
Deputy Minister

Donor:
Gold: 1.17
Clan: Notorious

Banned

Post#7 Posted: 10 Apr 2010 05:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , I all understand all of you , but Tyrael , why allowing Trading/Selling then?

I mean if the site doesn't support it , why even allow it then?

The trads in the Trade/Selling section where $$ vs fg is made , the 60% of these trades arent successfull , because one of the traders will scamm.

Vitan

Group: Scammer
Donor:
Clan: Legends

si.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#8 Posted: 10 Apr 2010 05:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish wrote:
Yes , I all understand all of you , but Tyrael , why allowing Trading/Selling then?

The trads in the Trade/Selling section where $$ vs fg is made , the 60% of these trades arent successfull , because one of the traders will scamm.

Old topic was up becose there was noone who would mediate.

There are mediators available now:
http://www.d3jsp.org/viewtopic.php?t=31423

Last edited by Vitan on 10 Apr 2010 05:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Deputy Minister

Donor:
Gold: 1.17
Clan: Notorious

Banned

Post#9 Posted: 10 Apr 2010 05:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vitan wrote:
Wish wrote:

I see, thanks
Vitan

Donor:

si.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 10 Apr 2010 05:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish wrote:
Vitan wrote:
Wish wrote:

I see, thanks

No problem derisive

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 10 Apr 2010 01:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but my point is that thread is misleading. To me you're saying you won't mediate any type of trades that include d2jsp fg vs real $$. So a seller like me would be like "oh damn, I guess I have to risk it". I think if you can hold forum gold regardless of what kind of trade, just say it. Just say I will NOT hold money, but I can hold fg..

I know this is risky for your main accounts but I'm not asking you to go out there and risk it.
Vitan

Donor:

si.gif

Warn:

Post#12 Posted: 10 Apr 2010 02:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiderPig wrote:
Yes but my point is that thread is misleading. To me you're saying you won't mediate any type of trades that include d2jsp fg vs real $$. So a seller like me would be like "oh damn, I guess I have to risk it". I think if you can hold forum gold regardless of what kind of trade, just say it. Just say I will NOT hold money, but I can hold fg..

I know this is risky for your main accounts but I'm not asking you to go out there and risk it.

Old thread is no longer a sticky, please refer to new one.

1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: