Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

More Restriction in the Selling and Trading Forum

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Put atleast some type of restriction on people in the selling / trading forum
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

myexitemergency
Shonuff

Group: VIP
Donor:
Gold: 3.10
Clan: Honor

us.gif

Warn:

VIP

Post#1 Posted: 29 Sep 2010 05:59 pm    Post subject: More Restriction in the Selling and Trading Forum Reply with quote

There is one thing that I have definately noticed on D3jsp, and that's the MASS amount of apparent new / locked / banned members in the Selling and Trading forum. Unfortunately while I like how open this site is about trading w/e people want, there are a LOT of people abusing it to scam and in the long run hurt this websites reputation. Basically people use that forum as a base of operations for not only scamming virtual goods, but real money. 99% of the people you see in there are brand new accounts most likely multiple accounts of recently banned/locked accounts. They attempt to scam / fail or succeed, get blocked, mask IP, go to a diff internet connection, make a new account, scam / attempt, get locked... wash, rinse, repeat.

My solution is to add a few restrictions.

I think the best solution is to set a combination of several factors. So basically make it a forum you have to gain access too but not set a specific post count / join date and donation amount. Make it so you have to be SCREENED by a junior moderator/moderator. Basically you apply for access, they take some time to review your past posts / actions / reputations and determine from several factors the amount of risk the individual poses. Then they can either approve / deny / or basically put the person on a status where someone watches them to deem if they can gain access.

By making it not public in this manner you can help to achieve a more active base since there is then incentive as well as making it slightly more private to avoid issues, otherwise people will just come on here for that one thing.. who knows maybe people who didn't care about the site and wanted to scam or rip some one off may find it difficult, and in the process of trying to gain trust may actuallly develope a conscience about it.

So make it a privilage and not a right and less people would abuse it.

Tomato is the LOOOOOVVEE Fruit!!!11!

Group: Retired Moderators
Donor:
Gold: 2375.70

ca.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#2 Posted: 29 Sep 2010 06:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would need a lot more active mods for this to happen, the current ones click on a page, then go afk for 18 minutes, then click again, then are last seen 2+ hours ago rofl.

Also for the reputation, what if people (like myself) only have means of getting rep by making these real life trades? I mean don't get me wrong I totally agree with your idea, just some people only want to use this site to buy a quick thing or two.

Shonuff

Donor:

us.gif

Warn:

VIP

Post#3 Posted: 29 Sep 2010 06:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i say reputation i don't mean the rep rating given on this site i mean the overall opinion your past actions have shown. and they can always find more mods if they tried bro. i would like to see this site prosper

Last edited by myexitemergency on 29 Sep 2010 06:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Group: Members
Gold: 14.00

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 30 Sep 2010 08:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be honest idc about this site, I came here to sell my stuff because my friend told me about it.
nothing else nothing more
myexitemergency
Shonuff

Donor:

us.gif

Warn:

VIP

Post#5 Posted: 30 Sep 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProfitMaker wrote:
Ill be honest idc about this site, I came here to sell my stuff because my friend told me about it.
nothing else nothing more

and because of that it makes you more likely to be scammed, so little restriction has made that forum a place to get scammed easier than to get a legit trade

Group: Banned
Gold: Locked

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#6 Posted: 30 Sep 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.
myexitemergency
Shonuff

Donor:

us.gif

Warn:

VIP

Post#7 Posted: 30 Sep 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godfather wrote:
no.

I'm guessing you have made most of your posts in selling and trading lol.... this is basically just a place for people to come sell shit so they can just go straight back to d2jsp..... we need to make a way to draw people in to be more active on this site, and they will end up wanting d3jsp fg, instead of d2jsp fg

Tomato is the LOOOOOVVEE Fruit!!!11!

Group: Retired Moderators
Donor:
Gold: 2375.70

ca.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#8 Posted: 30 Sep 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myexitemergency wrote:
Godfather wrote:
no.

I'm guessing you have made most of your posts in selling and trading lol.... this is basically just a place for people to come sell shit so they can just go straight back to d2jsp..... we need to make a way to draw people in to be more active on this site, and they will end up wanting d3jsp fg, instead of d2jsp fg

Alright, what you're saying completely makes sense, but let me throw some what if's at you tongue.

Say, tramway did put some restrictions on it, such as you have to donate a minimum of $5 to this website and have a certain post count to get into it, would it make this site seem more desirable to some? Possibly, since they've put real money into it, and the chance of getting scammed is lowered. Would it also cause less people in the long run to use this site (albeit the ones that don't use it anymore will more then likely typically be scammers)? Absolutely, so you have to look at it in different perspectives (activity <> kinds of members).

Another what if;

What if eBay said you had to participate in their Community Forums before you could buy / bid on something or have to donate a certain amount of money to use their services. What kind of impact do you think that would make on the general user?

Edit: IMO the S&T section kind of is that draw that brings activity to this forum. Without it, not a lot would be happening.

Last edited by Myoga- on 30 Sep 2010 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Donor:
Gold: 12885.33
Clan: HoD II

us.gif

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 01 Oct 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see, if the new guy comes here and sells to a respectable member then the little new guy with no rep gets his trade done faster with less risk.

Now, the guy who is trusted in the end will make more money cause he's here and he's trustworthy therefore making more money for being trusted when he goes to resell the account he didn't pay much for.

If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.

Click to Join HOD
E-Mail: Cinemax@D3jsp.org

Verification info. Click Here

Cinemax

Donor:
Gold: 12885.33
Clan: HoD II

us.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 01 Oct 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Edit: IMO the S&T section kind of is that draw that brings activity to this forum. Without it, not a lot would be happening."

You see, without it we would all be back to playing tag in the forums and hopscotch.

If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.

Click to Join HOD
E-Mail: Cinemax@D3jsp.org

Verification info. Click Here
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: