Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

mac vs pc!!!
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

pc or mac?
mac
23%
 23%  [ 23 ]
pc
76%
 76%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 96

Schoolhacker

Group: Senior Moderator
Gold: 935.14

ca.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=Blue>Senior Moderator</font></b>

Post#41 Posted: 26 Jul 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid wrote:
Schoolhacker wrote:
ExecutiveDax wrote:
By far, I like the PC better. Mac is supposed to be better with graphics and such, and I have a hard time even writing a text document on Mac.

Microsoft made a big screwup though, I think, when they decided to come out with Vista.
naa vista will be ok in about 1 more year... then xp will feel like how we feel about win 2000 now...

But it will be security, not stability. tongue
ya something like that lol

Group: VIP
Gold: 11123.22
Clan: Transformers

us.gif

Warn:

VIP

Post#42 Posted: 10 Aug 2008 02:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC is great very great deals on it but the Mac is only great (to me) if I were doing graphics art as a profession, but the downside is that you barely find any great deals on them (meaning low price).
Mjolnyr

Group: Members
Gold: Locked
Clan: Transformers

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#43 Posted: 10 Aug 2008 03:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I both love and loathe PC
Macs are too expensive for me

YEAH? WELL MY GOD HAS A HAMMER! - Nick Fury
Schoolhacker

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#44 Posted: 10 Aug 2008 04:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macs are expensive and useless... not only that you can't upgrade it as easily as a pc... since when you open it you have to take out the monitor, the cd drive, then the hard drive, and abounch of cards... then FINALLY the mother board... really annoying lol!

also its hard to get mac hard wear... they are suppose to be more expansive too...

so MACS SUCK HAHA

Gold: 0.00

Warn:

Post#45 Posted: 10 Aug 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: mac vs pc!!! Reply with quote

Schoolhacker wrote:
which one do you like and hate???

Mac Sucks!
PC ALL THE WAY! WOot woot!

Juggalette
Dragon Lady

Group: Retired Moderators
Donor:
Gold: 3.30
Clan: Insane Clown Posse

nf.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#46 Posted: 14 Aug 2008 09:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sexydan wrote:
Mac is Great because the fact its better and more trusted. but it also can not play alot of games and run programs. PC sucks because it can not be trusted there are to many things that can kill the pc easy and there are to many updates but it can also play all games and programs.
Lol I could debate on this , but only going to say pc > any console smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

SuB

Gold: 104.60

us.gif

Warn:

Post#47 Posted: 14 Aug 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC>Mac anyday!

What Lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters...compaired to what lies within us.
-SuB
ragingpixels

Gold: 0.40

Warn:

Post#48 Posted: 16 Aug 2008 01:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly it depends on what you do and your current knowledge of computers, if its just at software level, then a PC is better as software users tend to like to customize, if you are at hardware level, it really depends on you(since to me all computers are the same and most os's act the same way now), I use a mac which i triple boot Ubuntu, Vista Home prem, and Mac OSX, i use each for different things, mainly the Ub for just playing around, im still learning it actually, for vista, its to play games with my family and well when they want to use the computer. for mac, i use that when i do my digital art(animation, 3D modeling, 2d art) and also i only have the mac licenses of the apps anyway, also no such things as viruses, not that you cant make one, but it does take a bit more time than making one for windows which only takes 1 line of code to make a severe one.

i also run deepfreeze on the vista boot so incase my family does get a virus on that boot, it wont fuck it up.

honestly, ones not better than the other, because if you put a computer or techno illiterate person on either platforms with no help, the same reactions will happen.

also when im rendering, the mac seems to push out renders a tad bit faster, as the only thing that is running is my 3d app(cinema 4d), while at school with win vista, there are always things running at the same time in conjunction with the app, the cpu is never below 5% and on the mac, its at 1% if you are doing nothing, that extra 4% makes a huge difference in an animation that takes 3 minutes a frame and is 7200 frames long, or 4 minutes. also the pc seems to like to spike/flucuate at random times, usually its the windows updater trying to start and run for a few seconds or anything else that tries to run or update itself.

Last edited by ragingpixels on 16 Aug 2008 01:16 am; edited 1 time in total
SuB

Gold: 104.60

us.gif

Warn:

Post#49 Posted: 16 Aug 2008 01:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Park FTW anyday XD

What Lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters...compaired to what lies within us.
-SuB
ViperErage

Donor:
Gold: 16.49
Clan: The Nuts

us.gif

Warn:

Post#50 Posted: 28 Aug 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, Definitely Pc Ftw!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LazyDawg

Gold: 117.00

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#51 Posted: 29 Aug 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC BEST!

8BaLL
Corner Pocket

Donor:
Gold: 0.30

us.gif

Warn:

Post#52 Posted: 30 Aug 2008 01:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC

Mac Is Weird
Schoolhacker

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#53 Posted: 20 Sep 2008 09:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit!!!

major ownage!!! 31 to 5 LOLOLOL!!!

Swedish guy

Group: Graphics Artist
Donor:
Gold: 4735.50
Clan: Truth

sw.gif

Warn:

Graphics Artist

Post#54 Posted: 22 Nov 2008 07:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love mac, beacuse, i have both mac 10.5.5 and windows operating system xp on boot camp, on same computor.. Owned.. (Btw i only use mac for gfx, music and internet.. When playing games pc is outstanding..)

Anyone who only say mac sucks is obviously a retard, and don't really know what they r talking about..

Altho im not supprised many here use only pc, because this is a gaming forum and pc's for gams..

NO YOU
Schoolhacker

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#55 Posted: 23 Nov 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would you do that? if you like both... get a pc and install mac OS on it lol! it goes both ways...

besides... a PC is sooo much cheaper then a useless mac that lags and crashes on the touch of a button.. plus with a pc you can add/upgrade any part you want... as for a mac... then you open it up... you see nothing but wires and stuff... because they dont want you to upgrade it yourself.... they want you to buy a new one for send it in... all they want is your money....

as for pcs... it works alot better... if it breaks... its easy to see what part is broken... as for mac... blah.... then you could just buy the new part from any computer store and replace it... mac? NO PARTS FOR SELL ANYWHERE!!! so ya...

PC=MAC times 3 around there from my calculations...

if you dont understand math notations then... you can buy 3 macs or buy a pc...

though keep in mind that a good pc=$700 but a sucky mac=$2000

choose lol... but ya... what i am saying here is a little on the pc's side... because i have had too much bad experiences with macs... pc? none lol!
plus i own 6 pcs lol 0 macs... but i am forced to use macs at school EWWWWW! lol

Gold: 4.10

us.gif

Warn:

Post#56 Posted: 23 Nov 2008 02:02 am    Post subject: Re: mac vs pc!!! Reply with quote

Schoolhacker wrote:
which one do you like and hate???

pc enough said

Swedish guy

Donor:

sw.gif

Warn:

Graphics Artist

Post#57 Posted: 23 Nov 2008 06:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schoolhacker wrote:
why would you do that? if you like both... get a pc and install mac OS on it lol! it goes both ways...

besides... a PC is sooo much cheaper then a useless mac that lags and crashes on the touch of a button.. plus with a pc you can add/upgrade any part you want... as for a mac... then you open it up... you see nothing but wires and stuff... because they dont want you to upgrade it yourself.... they want you to buy a new one for send it in... all they want is your money....

as for pcs... it works alot better... if it breaks... its easy to see what part is broken... as for mac... blah.... then you could just buy the new part from any computer store and replace it... mac? NO PARTS FOR SELL ANYWHERE!!! so ya...

choose lol... but ya... what i am saying here is a little on the pc's side... because i have had too much bad experiences with macs... pc? none lol!
plus i own 6 pcs lol 0 macs... but i am forced to use macs at school EWWWWW! lol

ok, i don't know what you do to make a mac crash, because i've never done that even tho i had mac since 98.. I mean, is it just me or, cus i hear my friends talk once in a while about how thier pc crash and stuff.

And, when comparing pc and mac, i would like to point out that a mac is about rougly 3 times faster, smoother, so since u like math, 1 mac = 3 PC.. And as far as im concerned, u don't need to upgrade a mac.. Since, it's already enough upgraded when you buy it..

As for an emulator, the most advanced i've seen can handel an OSX 8, I can have vista on my emulator, (i have xp since, it's "better" then vista..)

Yes, of course, a $700 pc can handel most of the games today, (or mayby not, i don't know), but can they really handel programs like photoshop, flawless? (i know mine can altho i only have a laptop..)

So I guess u could say im a bit on the mac side, i mean, I just had bad experiance with pc, am i unluckey? I have 1 mac 0 pc, i only need one computer.. But i am forced to use pc at school EWWWWW! lol.. (true.. *shudder*) tongue

NO YOU
Schoolhacker

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#58 Posted: 23 Nov 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braindead wrote:
Schoolhacker wrote:

ok, i don't know what you do to make a mac crash, because i've never done that even tho i had mac since 98.. I mean, is it just me or, cus i hear my friends talk once in a while about how thier pc crash and stuff.

And, when comparing pc and mac, i would like to point out that a mac is about rougly 3 times faster, smoother, so since u like math, 1 mac = 3 PC.. And as far as im concerned, u don't need to upgrade a mac.. Since, it's already enough upgraded when you buy it..

As for an emulator, the most advanced i've seen can handel an OSX 8, I can have vista on my emulator, (i have xp since, it's "better" then vista..)

Yes, of course, a $700 pc can handel most of the games today, (or mayby not, i don't know), but can they really handel programs like photoshop, flawless? (i know mine can altho i only have a laptop..)

So I guess u could say im a bit on the mac side, i mean, I just had bad experiance with pc, am i unluckey? I have 1 mac 0 pc, i only need one computer.. But i am forced to use pc at school EWWWWW! lol.. (true.. *shudder*) tongue
pcs crash yes... but you can just press control alt delete and kill process tree and be done with it... as for a mac... sometimes when i am using it it crashes and then when i try to go force quit ... the finder creashed LOL!!! so i just had to restart the whole thing... since even if i got the finder back up... a mac has too little ram so it just becomes really really slow... so i would have to restart anyway... mac crash=restart and time... pc crash too but recoverable...

computers go out of date every 2 years... so a pc you could just update it... mac? no... so you have to buy a new one...

this pc i am using now i have been using it for 5 years now... all i have to do is buy a new part half a year or so to keep up with the technology...

btw... photoshop runs ultra smooth on a pc.. but sometimes on a mac it lags alot... i have never used a mac that does not lag like shit lol

try running autocad on a mac... it would crash it everytime... if you dont know what it is... its a drafting program that is ultra big and requires quite a bit of ram during rendering... so macs just can't handel it...thats why my school has a special computer lab just for that... and they are pcs lol

no try to talk about this with me lol.. the world has already spoken... anything a mac can do... a pc can... but a pc can do soooo much more...

name anything lol! the advertisment people from mac are dumb... and for dumb people who doesn't know that pc's power lol

plus $2000 vs. $700? LOL

cASE CLOSED... the poll stats that pc > mac lol

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#59 Posted: 23 Nov 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw... xp is better then vista for you since you can't run vista lol... its too advance for your mac to handel lol
Swedish guy

Donor:

sw.gif

Warn:

Graphics Artist

Post#60 Posted: 23 Nov 2008 02:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schoolhacker wrote:
pcs crash yes... but you can just press control alt delete and kill process tree and be done with it... as for a mac... sometimes when i am using it it crashes and then when i try to go force quit ... the finder creashed LOL!!! so i just had to restart the whole thing... since even if i got the finder back up... a mac has too little ram so it just becomes really really slow... so i would have to restart anyway... mac crash=restart and time... pc crash too but recoverable...

computers go out of date every 2 years... so a pc you could just update it... mac? no... so you have to buy a new one...

this pc i am using now i have been using it for 5 years now... all i have to do is buy a new part half a year or so to keep up with the technology...

btw... photoshop runs ultra smooth on a pc.. but sometimes on a mac it lags alot... i have never used a mac that does not lag like shit lol

try running autocad on a mac... it would crash it everytime... if you dont know what it is... its a drafting program that is ultra big and requires quite a bit of ram during rendering... so macs just can't handel it...thats why my school has a special computer lab just for that... and they are pcs lol

no try to talk about this with me lol.. the world has already spoken... anything a mac can do... a pc can... but a pc can do soooo much more...

name anything lol! the advertisment people from mac are dumb... and for dumb people who doesn't know that pc's power lol

plus $2000 vs. $700? LOL

cASE CLOSED... the poll stats that pc > mac lol

Ok, yes way, i can run vista, no, photoshop doesn't lag.. i dont know what kind of mac u have at ur school, 10.1 something?

Yes i know what Autocad is, i have cad programms, not autocad. But I doubt a 3-4 gb ram handel that program smooth..

Alsol, u compare mac's expensiviest with pc's cheapest. My mac costed me only 700 - 800 USD anyway.. Btw, a $2000 mac, up to 36 gb ram (36000 mb), for exampel.. I haven't seen any $700 pc that big..

About updates, i had a 4 year old mac still getting software uppdates.. Hardware upgrades is not impossibel..

Ok, i leav it here, i guess im just unluckey in front of a pc and luckey in front of a mac.. Or whatever, if thinking a pc really is so much better makes you feel good then im ok.. mellow

Last edited by Braindead on 23 Nov 2008 02:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

NO YOU
9 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: