Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

What is your Favorite UMS (Use Map Settings) Map?

View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

crazyazn

Group: Members
Gold: 3.43

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 25 Aug 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: What is your Favorite UMS (Use Map Settings) Map? Reply with quote

Hey everyone! This is my first topic. I just noticed a few thread about people's favorite maps/good maps for downloads and I was thinking that a great way to bring back some of the old favorites would be to talk about them a little.

My Favorites:

1. Worms
2. Scv Football
3. Sniper Bald
4. Bound
5. Cat n Mouse

One of my favorites is Worms. The newest version being Worms 1.83.
You get a shuttle with 4 "digs" and 4 random items to drop as you move around the map. While you move, a trail comes out behind you and if you run into any trails, you die. The digs help you kill anything nearby including other trails in things called "spikes" that are essentially attacks sent at you that kill you when they touch you. A lot of fun for the microer, this game is pretty old school but definitely my fav.

My second fav would be SCV football. The concept is pretty simple. There is a football (psi emitter) which you have to get to the other end of the field by navigating your scvz around your opponents. Another one for the macroer and a lot of fun!

What your favs?
djchedda

Gold: 0.30

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 25 Aug 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LOTR maps are my favorite really.

That and golems.
crazyazn

Gold: 3.43

Warn:

Post#3 Posted: 25 Aug 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah my problem with LOTR maps has been mainly that there really is not too much skill involved in the ones I've seen (Helms Deep is all really). It's all just massing after massing after massing with a little bit of locking on to the gates here and there if you're on the "evil" side.

Golems is definitely a classic though. Can't go wrong with that one! Unless of course, if you get stuck with another rigged map where you either start out with 30 civs or have the ability to bring your civs to the special unit area or have ultimate combos that allow you to get 10 carriers... you get the idea haha but I guess thats the problem with all the popular UMS maps out there.
ruski4a

Gold: 0.20

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 26 Aug 2007 05:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impossible hydralisk
dcatspam

Gold: 1.00

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 06 Sep 2007 07:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a lot of the open RPGs, defence, and TOS maps.

1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Starcraft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: