Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Multi diablo windows!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Bots and Programs
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Corrupt

Group: Members
Gold: 47.00

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 20 Feb 2009 01:58 pm    Post subject: Multi diablo windows! Reply with quote

how do i get 2 diablo windows up on my 1 screen with 2 cd keys?
TylerDurden
HOD II Co-Owner

Donor:
Gold: 1.25

us.gif

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 20 Feb 2009 02:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a method. But thats my secret. As far as I know, one other person knows about it.

But otherwise, there isn't a way to do it.(outside of a loader which is banable now)

After 10 years in retirement. Jumpdafukkup is back. And he's on the hunt for noob battle.net punks.
All your hacks will fall before the greatness of Teh Legit.
Corrupt

Warn:

Post#3 Posted: 20 Feb 2009 02:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i read one about installing on differnt user names, but can i do this for windows vista. cause it says for xp... and it was posted in 1.11

Last edited by Corrupt on 20 Feb 2009 02:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TylerDurden
HOD II Co-Owner

Donor:
Gold: 1.25

us.gif

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 20 Feb 2009 02:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrupt wrote:
well i read one about installing on differnt user names, but can i do this for windows vista. cause it says for xp... and it was posted in 1.11

Never heard of this. >< Though I think the dual instances would still apply because the programs you run on one user account will still show up in the task manager of another, enter the dual instances error.

After 10 years in retirement. Jumpdafukkup is back. And he's on the hunt for noob battle.net punks.
All your hacks will fall before the greatness of Teh Legit.
skatebman

Gold: 1.00

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 04 Mar 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Rename your d2 folder and reinstall it with your other set of keys
happyguy44
Lulz

Gold: 2.40

us.gif

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 04 Mar 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use vitural pc and install it with one set of keys on one disk and another on the other disk

then they should co exist
JzHammer

Gold: 96.02
Clan: Elite

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 04 Mar 2009 03:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or just have a laptop and a regular comp next to eachother. briggrin

Sig made by Braindead. <3
Jumper

Gold: 0.00

ez.gif

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 08 Mar 2009 05:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loader
or
-w command ?

Corrupt

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 08 Mar 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i figured it out. i installed on seperate user accounts and changed the targets to different folders. works good. no loader
selena31

Gold: Locked

si.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 29 May 2009 07:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi diablo windows! Reply with quote

Corrupt wrote:
how do i get 2 diablo windows up on my 1 screen with 2 cd keys?

Here a complete multi d2 windows

NOTE: Technically, some of these break the EULA of the new warning which states "...any program that allows you to run multiple instances of the game at the same time..." USE EVERYTHING AT YOUR OWN RISK!

1. Virtual Machine - This is the the safest way. I'm not going to get into detail on how to set it up as there are plenty of documentations on that. If you don't know what a Virtual Machine is, you're basically running an Operating System inside your Operating System. A Blizzard Technical Support Representative has said that Blizzard will not ban for the usage of VMWare. This is the most tedious way to achieve multiple instances, however.

1st Off, this is just a terribly put together rip off of Lam's old sticky. So add comments, suggestions, and fill in the holes. Maybe someone will take what's posted and rewrite something better. smile

Here is some additional info to help install and configure VM ware Workstation, Windows XP in the Workstation, etc.

Also, Lam suggested that you have a dual core processor with at least 1gb of RAM to run the VM ware Workstation with out lag issues.

Installing a Virtual Machine:

1- Register and download the trial version here
http://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/?p=workstation-w

2- Install the VM ware Workstation by double clicking the VMware-workstation-6.5.1-126130.exe file you just downloaded. (if using Vista run as Admin ofc). (If anyone want's to host the .exe I have it but you'll still need a key even for the trial use)

3- Run the VM ware Workstation and on the Home tab, click the New Virtual Machine Icon.

4- Choose Typical Installation (Next)

5- Insert your Operating System installation disc or select the ISO file for an Operating System from your hard drive (Next).

6- Enter any applicable keys (Next) and choose a directory for installation (Next).

7- My personal preference is to use Windows XP so on this step I change the disk size to 10gb but 8gb is enough for most people. I also choose Store as Single File (Next, and then Finish)

8- Wait for the VM ware Workstation to install your operating system.

Once you have a fresh installation of an operating system you can install D2 normally if you have the CD's. I personally downloaded them from a torrent site and keep the ISO's on the Virtual Machine. If you have the ISO's and not the disks you'll need to download and install Daemon Tools lite.

Daemon Tools Lite Download -
http://www.disc-tools.com/download/daemon

2. Sandbox - This is probably the easiest way to run multiple instances without using an actual Diablo II "hack". However, this /could/ still be considered third-party software, but it is unlikely that you will get banned for using it.

http://www.sandboxie.com/

2a. Install Sandboxie
2b. Make a copy of your Diablo II folder.
2c. Use Serby's CD-Key Changer to change the keys used by your original Diablo II folder.
2d. Right Click on your second Diablo II.exe or shortcut to "Run Sandboxed!"

3. D2Launcher - *Chance of detection!* D2Launcher is a D2Loader substitute that allows multiple instances and offers a few more commandline options. D2Launcher removes its patches and unloads once Diablo II is loaded.

http://rapidshare.com/files/174254106/D2Launcher.zip

CommandLine Options:
-title "title here" : Changes the window title
-mpq mpqnamehere.mpq : Load MPQs
-cachefix : Renames bncache.dat to <random>.dat !! *WARNING* !! This modifies the memory! Not recommended!

4. Fast User Switching on XP - I'm not sure if this is possible with other versions of Windows, but it works with XP. First you need to make sure "Fast User Switching" is enabled. To do this go to Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change the way users log on or off. After that, create a second user account if you don't already have one. Now you need to copy your Diablo II folder and use Serby's CD-Key Changer to change your main Diablo II folder's CD-Key set. After this, you can run one Diablo II instance, then switch user accounts and run the second.

5. D2Loader - Warden *will* ban you for using this!

6. Hexed D2Gfx.dll - Warden *will* ban you for using this!

Last edited by selena31 on 29 May 2009 08:04 pm; edited 9 times in total
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Bots and Programs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: