Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

i would like to become a graphic artist

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> General Chat -> Graphic Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

HotZhot

Group: Members
Gold: 66.00

co.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 06:35 pm    Post subject: i would like to become a graphic artist Reply with quote

hey, i would like to become a graphic artist but idk how, any suggestion tips or anything?, im completly new to the matter, well... i have done some drawing when i was 5 year old in paint,thats all, help plz

Vitan

Group: Scammer
Donor:
Gold: Locked
Clan: Legends

si.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#2 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 06:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of a graphic artist?

I guess its photoshop that interests you. If so, first step is to get it smile
Then you have to try things out a lot, may be study from tutorials, may be do some sigs, practise, practise and again practise...

Last edited by Vitan on 31 Jan 2010 06:49 pm; edited 6 times in total

Gold: 8.30
Clan: DESIGN UNLIMITED

gm.gif

Warn:

Post#3 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 06:52 pm    Post subject: Re: i would like to become a graphic artist Reply with quote

HotZhot wrote:
hey, i would like to become a graphic artist but idk how, any suggestion tips or anything?, im completly new to the matter, well... i have done some drawing when i was 5 year old in paint,thats all, help plz

so buy my bamboo mte 450 so i can buy myself a intuos 4 tongue with corel painter briggrin ah and need zbrush+maya aswell

i really need to know what kind of gfx you intressted in to help you

Braindead
Swedish guy

Group: Graphics Artist
Donor:
Gold: 4735.50
Clan: Truth

sw.gif

Warn:

Graphics Artist

Post#4 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 07:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of would suggest not getting photoshop unless you're really serious about it. Getting used to it you dont want to downgrade, and it has quiet a chunky price after trial runs out. Of course, if you totally lack of moral, there's plenty of cracks, ways to get around trail running out, etc, for it. Other then that the same old cliché's, "keep trying", "read tutorials" or whatever peoples ursually say on the subject.

My art teacher (one of them) always say, art is a language, you tell peoples with your pictures you create, and if you don't have anything to say don't say anything at all. Feel free to interpret however you want.

NO YOU
romanceisdead

Gold: 210.23

us.gif

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 07:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just download Photoshop, look up tutorials and mess around for a bit.
You'll get it. smile

gm.gif

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 08:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceisdead wrote:
You'll get it. smile

how you can say this?

maybe he wants to make 3d art
how much 3d art you able to do with ps? for me its like 10%

and workshops+dvd>tuts

the_pillo
The Magnificent

Group: Verified Member
Donor:
Gold: 0.00
Clan: Honor

us.gif

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 08:13 pm    Post subject: Re: i would like to become a graphic artist Reply with quote

HotZhot wrote:

Start with GIMP
http://www.gimp.org/

Learn the tools, all of them. Basically play around. Then if you feel like you have a good go at gimp and you want to move onto photoshop. Get it and learn all of those tools. if you have questions about a tool just ask. someone can help you.

Once you are familiar with the interface of whichever program you choose start looking at beginners tutorials. Some may disagree wth me but http://www.blacksungfx.com/ is a good place to start. They have a free school type of thing where they give you beginners tutorials through to advanced tutorials to get you started. Also, open an account with photobucket or a similiar site so that you have a place to host your images to show. Also, braindead has some tutorials that are stickied. check some of those out.

Basically there are 3 main steps to gfx artist:

1. learn your medium(photoshop, gimp, paint, etc)

2. Learn the techniques(tutorials)

3. Practice like crazy, try to do pictures above your abilities and problem solve to make them the best you can.

Do not worry about animation or anything like that. Those are after you learn the basics.

Design Tools:
Fonts: http://www.dafont.com/

Brushes:http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes

These are some free materials so you can experiment. Also remember a picture is like a room. if the room is 10x10' and you have 5 couches, 4 chairs, 3 tables, 2 computer stands, 1 tv its going to be kind of crowded. Basically look at a bunch of signatures and pictures. and observe.

Also, i suggest buying or finding a sketchbook. nothing fancy just some non-lined paper or you can use lined paper. And just draw things around you focusing mainly on the form and lighting.

The more you practice the better you will be. And dont rush things. when you rush things dont look as good.

Good luck to you,

~pillo~

quote="lucero"]
romanceisdead wrote:
You'll get it. smile

how you can say this?

maybe he wants to make 3d art
how much 3d art you able to do with ps? for me its like 10%

and workshops+dvd>tuts[/quote]

Not everyone has these materials available to them..... and who starts with 3d art first without even doing any kind of ps or gimp or paint. Thats like wanting to build a house and starting with the roof.... you have to have support. As for the workshops. i dont know where he lives but the closest workshop is 10+ hours away on days when i personally cant travel that far. With CS4 they have an entire layout for 3d design. i havent personally messed with it but if it is there it probably can be used.

not to mention there isnt a store near me that sells any kind of dvds on any kind of art.... think of the regions not just yours.

Again: not trying to offend anyone by the above information/text. If i have i do apologize

Last edited by the_pillo on 31 Jan 2010 08:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Happiness is a disease, and smiling is the cough that spreads it - pillo-

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lucero

gm.gif

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 06:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it isnt the best idea to start with gimp and then to get ps
you'll lose much time if you want to do this longer

i noticed this when i started 3d gfx

first i got google sketchup its a free program and i thought ok will be enough for overpaintings but it was a crappy program so i thought a about a program what i can have in my home language and there is only one cinema now i am thinking about getting maya fusion zbrush corel painter and such stuff to become better

and for sure everybody can have a workshop at home:
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/

this are hundreds of workshops made by people who work in the film and gaming industry

the_pillo
The Magnificent

Donor:

us.gif

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucero wrote:
well it isnt the best idea to start with gimp and then to get ps
you'll lose much time if you want to do this longer

i noticed this when i started 3d gfx

first i got google sketchup its a free program and i thought ok will be enough for overpaintings but it was a crappy program so i thought a about a program what i can have in my home language and there is only one cinema now i am thinking about getting maya fusion zbrush corel painter and such stuff to become better

and for sure everybody can have a workshop at home:
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/

this are hundreds of workshops made by people who work in the film and gaming industry

i suggested gimp because it is free... photoshop is hella expensive if you dont even know if you want to be a gfx artist yet.

personally good site, ill check more on it later but imo anything that isnt literally hands on is a tutorial... i pre recorded set of directions to follow smile

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HotZhot

co.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 09:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just want to make stuff with images for fg, just tell me the best tool and some info, thats all i need

the_pillo
The Magnificent

Donor:

us.gif

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotZhot wrote:
i just want to make stuff with images for fg, just tell me the best tool and some info, thats all i need

the BEST tool is photoshop.... and all the info is in my post above. (not literally above this one, but the long one lol, and its not literally all the info, just too much out there smile). Good luck mi amigo

Also, might i suggest planetrenders.net for all of your renders. they have a pretty nice selection.

Last edited by the_pillo on 01 Feb 2010 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

HotZhot

co.gif

Warn:

Post#12 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pillo wrote:
HotZhot wrote:

the BEST tool is photoshop.... and all the info is in my post above. (not literally above this one, but the long one lol, and its not literally all the info, just too much out there smile). Good luck mi amigo

lol

1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> General Chat -> Graphic Arts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: