Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

why do people...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

stfu

Group: Members
Donor:
Gold: Locked

br.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 02:49 am    Post subject: why do people... This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Refuse to pay via POKERSTARS or FULLTILT poker? Why does it always have to be paypal, easy to scam etc.

Serious question here, thanks
stfu

Donor:

br.gif

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 02:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, how to u get reputation points?
PokerBooster

Group: Banned
Gold: 55.10

us.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#3 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 02:52 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

rep points you can give when you do a trade with someone..
are you still lookin for d2jsp fg? i got 500 fg i sell you for 6 ftp dollars? and i agree.. pokerstars/ftp cash better than paypal

stfu

Donor:

br.gif

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 02:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PokerBooster wrote:
rep points you can give when you do a trade with someone..
are you still lookin for d2jsp fg? i got 500 fg i sell you for 6 ftp dollars? and i agree.. pokerstars/ftp cash better than paypal

No I want to sell forum gold, And I did it like 4 times and twice I got scammed hardcore. I want to sell it for pokerstars & ftp but nobody accepts for some wierd reason, I dont know why.
PokerBooster

Group: Banned
Gold: 55.10

us.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#5 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 02:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gave u a rep point smile
stfu

Donor:

br.gif

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 02:55 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

PokerBooster wrote:
gave u a rep point smile

Thanks I guess <3

How do U give rep points? hah.

ohmyg0t
ohmyg0t

Donor:
Gold: 8.90
Clan: Pk

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 04:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stfu wrote:
PokerBooster wrote:
gave u a rep point smile

Thanks I guess <3

How do U give rep points? hah.

see where it says reputation to the left under someone's name?
<--------- click the thumb

Last edited by ohmyg0t on 01 Feb 2010 04:50 am; edited 1 time in total
the_pillo
The Magnificent

Group: Verified Member
Donor:
Gold: 0.00
Clan: Honor

us.gif

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 05:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the reason is alot of people dont have those. untill i started seeing it around here i never even knew it existed. I imagine most of the users are similiar. I know paypal because its everywhere and everywhere accepts it... most people have their money associated to a paypal just because of ease of shopping online and donating to causes and sites etc. Do you have to play pocker to user their services? and would the owners of the site be mad if people used them only for money storage instead of the game?

just my two cents, hope it puts things into perspective or helps you come to some form of conclusion

Happiness is a disease, and smiling is the cough that spreads it - pillo-

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stfu

Donor:

br.gif

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 05:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pillo wrote:
I would say the reason is alot of people dont have those. untill i started seeing it around here i never even knew it existed. I imagine most of the users are similiar. I know paypal because its everywhere and everywhere accepts it... most people have their money associated to a paypal just because of ease of shopping online and donating to causes and sites etc. Do you have to play pocker to user their services? and would the owners of the site be mad if people used them only for money storage instead of the game?

just my two cents, hope it puts things into perspective or helps you come to some form of conclusion

Well first its easy to download, paypal has fees. I'm almost positive pokerstars/fulltilt poker doesnt have fees ( correct me if im wrong ) and its impossible of getting scammed.

Paypal all you gotta do is call them and say u didint autorize the payment and the next thing you know you lost 12,000 forum gold and cant do anything about it ( happend in my case )

I think it would be in great use of D3JSP members to start using pokerstars/ftp instead of paypal.
the_pillo
The Magnificent

Group: Verified Member
Donor:
Gold: 0.00
Clan: Honor

us.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 05:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stfu wrote:
the_pillo wrote:

Well first its easy to download, paypal has fees. I'm almost positive pokerstars/fulltilt poker doesnt have fees ( correct me if im wrong ) and its impossible of getting scammed.

Paypal all you gotta do is call them and say u didint autorize the payment and the next thing you know you lost 12,000 forum gold and cant do anything about it ( happend in my case )

I think it would be in great use of D3JSP members to start using pokerstars/ftp instead of paypal.

you say its a download? is this download mac compatible? Im pretty sure any of these sites you could do the same thing. Its up to the seller of said item to gather the information and submit it as theft if buyer does something like that.

Ill do some personal research. But, anything that has poker in the name is already fishy to me.. i dont trust the poker websites and i probably never will lol. I tried one out years ago, put in 10 bucks figured id have some fun. i was smacked with 5$ worth of fees and then they said that i only put in 5$.... so i ended up out 10$ and no funtime poker lol.

EDIT:

the bolded parts bother me a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. NO WARRANTIES.
2.1. PokerStars disclaims any and all warranties, expressed or implied, in connection with the Service which is provided to you "AS IS" and we provide you with no warranty or representation whatsoever regarding its quality, fitness for purpose, completeness or accuracy.
2.2. Regardless of our efforts to provide you with service of the highest quality, safety and security, we make no warranty that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the services found therein shall be free from viruses or bugs.
2.3. PokerStars reserves the right to suspend, discontinue, modify, remove or add to the Service in its absolute discretion with immediate effect and without an obligation to provide you with notice and we shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss suffered as a consequence of any decision made by PokerStars in this regard.
3. AUTHORITY
PokerStars retains authority over the issuing, maintenance, and closing of Users' accounts at PokerStars. The decision of PokerStars' management, as regards any aspect of a User's account, use of the Service, or dispute resolution, is final and shall not be open to review or appeal.

4. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
Prior to your use of the Service and on an ongoing basis you represent, warrant, covenant and agree that:
4.1. You acknowledge that there is a risk of losing money when using the Service and that PokerStars has no responsibility to you for any such loss.
4.2. You agree that your use of the Service is at your sole option, discretion and risk.

4.3. You agree that you are required to provide us with certain personal details about yourself (including details regarding your methods of payment) for the purpose of using the Service. Our control of the information provided by you shall be subject to our Privacy Policy.
4.4. You are solely responsible for any applicable taxes which may be payable on winnings paid to you.

the first bolded one worries me the most. It means if they feel you dont deserve your account they will close it and there is no review process for reopening. That means if i put all of the money i use to buy books, supplies, programs into this pokerstars a couple things will/ could happen.

1. They could lose my money and never have to reimburse me

2. There are no security features.

3. They can close it at their discretion without review

4. Noone but people here will accept it. i dont see adobe accepting pokerstars as a viable payment source. Nor hot topic or the such (i like to buy shirts online, bigger selection than the only store in the area... jc penney... ew)

Idk man, let me go reread paypal's. because with just a basic user account i dont pay fees...never have... let me go read up on their terms of use.. ill post my findings

EDIT 2: added more to the poker stars part

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5.3 REAL MONEY TRANSFERS. The PokerStars real money transfer facility is accessed via the "PokerStars Lobby" (under the heading "requests" and then "transfer funds"). Users must enter the amount to transfer and the player ID of the intended recipient. Users are reminded that it is their responsibility to ensure they know who the other Users are before entering into these arrangements. Limits on transfers will be set by PokerStars per User.
As part of PokerStars' licensing agreement and in compliance with anti money laundering legislation, Users need to be aware they may be required to produce personal documentation (such as Government issued ID, bank statements and utility bills) upon request in order for their transfer to be processed. This allows PokerStars to help protect the Users and prevent PokerStars being used as a vehicle for money laundering or fraud.

The following terms and conditions also apply to the real money transfer facility:

PokerStars reserves the right to decline any account transfer requests or to overturn any account transfer upon suspicion of breach of any of the terms of this Agreement by the sender or receiver.

A sending User agrees that they may only make an account transfer to enable a receiving User to play the Games and not for any other purpose.

A receiving User agrees that they may only use the funds from an account transfer to play the Games and not for any other purpose.

Users cannot cash out funds directly received from a transfer, (refer to sub-paragraph (c) above); winnings arising from playing the Games using the transferred funds that subsequently contribute to a cash out request will be reviewed in accordance with PokerStars' internal controls, policies and procedures.

Sorry but that clinches it.. its against pokerstars terms of use to use their service in the way you wish it to be used.

EDIT 3:link to where i got all of this info.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/

Last edited by the_pillo on 01 Feb 2010 05:43 am; edited 3 times in total

Happiness is a disease, and smiling is the cough that spreads it - pillo-

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tyrael
Forum Villain

Group: Retired Moderators
Donor:
Gold: 352.10

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#11 Posted: 01 Feb 2010 05:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic in wrong subforum, you also bumped it too early; remember you can edit posts.
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: