Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Bowzon Mephisto/diablo Build
1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo III Trading and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

ForgottenDreamer

Group: Members
Gold: 6.50

gt.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:21 am    Post subject: Bowzon Mephisto/diablo Build Reply with quote

Alright guys, I decided to turn to the community for the full support because I'm on to something huge but can't quite finish the build off to make it work for Uber Baal. As of today there is no existing, non-single player or private server video or guide for a successful Ubers Bowzon build. I'm hoping the mods do not move this to the discussion board right away because every time something gets moved there, almost nobody ever sees it again.

As far as I know, this is the first ever discovered Bowzon build that can tank and spank Mephisto & Diablo ON BATTLE.NET, although has an occasional death like some smiters do, from simple bad luck with life tap procs.

I have worked on this build for almost 500 hours now and am burning out so I REALLY need the community to kick into this one for Baal. I'm hoping that by revealing the build it will inspire other people to try it and jump in on it.

To start off, I'm a level 90 Amazon, and on battle.net my account name is FlamesofDiablo. My character's name is XNINE in case you want to add me or whisper with questions about what I have and haven't done.
My SKILL tree is as follows;

Passive & Magic Skills (Skills AFTER up's from charms & items)

31 Inner Sight
12 Slow Missile
18 Decoy
31 Valk
12 Dodge
12 Avoid
12 Evade
16 Critical Strike
31 Penetrate
12 Pierce

Bow Skills

9 Magic Arrow
9 Cold Arrow
9 Multishot
9 Guided Arrow
28 Strafe

The secret behind the build as of right now relies on the gear choice almost entirely. I can successfully down Mephisto with 4 empty slots in my bags total. The rest of the space is consumed by a torch, anni, and charms of different varieties.

The Inventory is as follows;

High Torch
Anni
6x P&M Skillers + Life (28life and higher) (Recently upgraded to 38+'s)
14x Life/Light Small charms (A mix of 20/11LR - 19/11LR - 18/11LR Small charms)
4 Empty inventory slots.

My Stat points are as follows;
209 str - Don't need this much, had more than needed due to testing another helm.
320 dex
247 vit - 2176 Life AFTER CTA use.
56 energy

And finally the secret - The gear

I do use a Faith GMB 15 Fanat 1 Skills (in a 14ed 1AR superior GMB bow)
My offhand is a CTA Bow & 5/4/4
My Head is a Guillaume's Face w/ Ber inside.
My Amulet is a Metalgrid & 441AR 325 def @res 35
My Boots are Goblin Toe Upped @ 123 Def
My Belt is most reliably done as a Verdungo's, but my most recent attempts have been with a Nosferatu's which seems to have decent results as well so far. We will call this Verdungo's for sake of it being the true tested and proven working belt though.
My Gloves are Dracul's Grasp @ 9%LL 108%ED
My Rings are so far the only single item I change, and for Mephisto ONLY. When Fighting Mephisto, I use a 249/20 Raven Frost, and a 20 Absorb Wisp Projector. Can also kill Diablo with the same setup, but at that point i just switch back to the dual ravens for the extra dex.

And the REAL secret to the build after ALL these things is....

Superior Boneweave Armor w/ Runeword "Dragon".

Build Explanation;
Most people have found themselves able to deadlock themselves with Mephisto and his adds but the adds spawn so damn fast that they start getting in the way of you hitting Mephisto and then he starts healing, and then he ends up spawning so many that you can't dig out of the mess and become overwhelmed.

After a LOT of research, I came to find that he's 100% immune to poison and lightning. I've also learned that with "Prevent Monster Heal", do not actually work on him either. Not sure why.
What I did discover however, is he's not immune to fire, and the only requirement to stop him from healing, is to actually HIT him. It doesn't matter how much you hit him for, you just have to hit him. He may have 95% resists, but it's still hitting him.
So I threw on the Dragon and saw how absolutely nuts the hydra spawns could be, then tweaked some gear around it. The cool trick is, the more he summons, the more hydras you end up summoning because pierce causes you to hit more than 1 mob at a time...I've damn near filled half my entire screen with hydras with this build. They become more overwhelming than the adds can withstand, and they're not immune to fire. They actually end up clearing most of the HP of the adds for you, as well as ensure that Mephisto keeps getting hit by something, as fire spells don't require AR to hit...they just hit simply because it's magic.

You do NOT require a Mercenary of ANY kind to kill him with this build, nor is pre-buffing with a demon-limb necessary, although prebuffing does help proc more hydras due to the 6% jump in AR against lowbie mobs.

Once your drac's proc, you're good to spam your heart out. My key advice to this is as soon as you pull Mephisto, to drag him all the way to the top right corner of the map before you open fire. Once you're there, don't stop shooting, and DO NOT MOVE! Moving causes Mephisto to spawn more rapidly!!!! Once you are at this point, it's do-or-die.

Things you DON'T want to change;
The P&M Skillers are what gets your AR up by increasing your Penetrate even higher. Tossing these results in lower% to hit the small mobs, resulting in less hydras, resulting in failure.
Dracs - You cannot change these, believe me, I've tried.

Modifications for Duriel/Lillith/Izual
Change the Dragon armor to Fort Boneweave. Although I have not tested it with Dragon on these 3, I have a feeling Duriel would be problematic. Will test another day.
Ensure Dual Raven Frosts
My original success on Lillith was actually a Double Ber'd COA and Gore Riders Upped, but based on the progression of this build I have a feeling this would work too since this is a bit higher life and maintains a much higher AR than my original variation which needed the COA's DR.

My Problem - Baal -
Baal is not effected the same way by the hydras in the sense that his adds ARE hurt by them, but seem to have a billion times more hp than Mephisto's skeletons do. By the time 1 dies, he summoned 2-3 more. Their physical immunities makes me struggle to down them at all, even with the assistance of an A2 merc w/ infinity, although with the infinity merc is the closest i have got. I had Baal down to about 30% and all of a sudden started magically WHIFFING every shot. I CAN down him with a prebuff from a chanter on a 2nd account with relative ease, but I don't consider this a legit kill.

One thing I noticed is, to do Baal, you gotta insert yourself in his face at all times. If you're not the first one in his face, he defaults to hitting your Mercenary. If you can get in his face directly he sticks on you. You can't life leech him, but for some reason, it seems like you can life leech his copy....but managing your mana when you have both of them mana burning you is just absurd.

These trials were all done with NO rejuv pots of ANY sort.

If anybody figures out Baal, PLEASE contact me.
Erokai

Gold: 6.40

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr
There is a video of a bowzon clearing ubers though: https://youtu.be/uQHCw6neDiw
ForgottenDreamer

gt.gif

Warn:

Post#3 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erokai wrote:
tl;dr
There is a video of a bowzon clearing ubers though: https://youtu.be/uQHCw6neDiw

Wildly discredited video. User has cheat loaded and never shows server hes on. Bosses also dont spawn in the right places in this video AND they dont hit the merc properly which suggests either hacked gear or private server tuned them down.

DuckDuckGo

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

his is a great writup I love the unorthodox uber chalange a few years ago a buddy of mine and I did a uber killing speed challange and I think a smiter with full CB lifetap and a max conviction aura along with a lighting zon was the fastest we could do in under 2 min this is a labor of love sir and I love this idea I tip my hat to you

EDIT dont open wounds affect Baal?
ForgottenDreamer

gt.gif

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForgottenDreamer wrote:
Erokai wrote:
tl;dr

Wildly discredited video. User has cheat loaded and never shows server hes on. Bosses also dont spawn in the right places in this video AND they dont hit the merc properly which suggests either hacked gear or private server tuned them down.

Thanks.

Open wounds might but i dont see that solving the problem as most of ur strafe arrows end up being shot at the physical immune adds.
Erokai

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should try switching between magic arrow and strafe
and is faith a must? other bows give tasty modes
LMK if u need help with this I would love to contribute
Erokai

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erokai wrote:
you should try switching between magic arrow and strafe
and is faith a must? other bows give tasty modes
LMK if u need help with this I would love to contribute

I really wanted faith to not be a must because i hate the stigma of faith. Based on testing of previous similar builds there my be a place for a botd bow to work too because its naturally super fast. Any other bow with a CTC effect though will get you killed. Doing this though would require a prebuff from demon limb without a doubt.
DuckDuckGo

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm what about gold-strike arch?
Goldstrike Arch
Gothic Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 30 to (150-175)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 95
Required Dexterity: 118
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
+200-250% Enhanced Damage
+100-200% Damage To Demons
+100-200% Damage To Undead
50% Increased Attack Speed
5% Chance To Cast Level 7 Fist of the Heavens On Striking
Replenish Life +12
+100-150% Bonus To Attack Rating

You can up it and it gets a socket
ForgottenDreamer

gt.gif

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted faith to not be a must because i hate the stigma of faith. Based on testing of previous similar builds there my be a place for a botd bow to work too because its naturally super fast. Any other bow with a CTC effect though will get you killed. Doing this though would require a prebuff from demon limb without a doubt.
ForgottenDreamer

gt.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuckDuckGo wrote:
Hummm what about gold-strike arch?
Goldstrike Arch
Gothic Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 30 to (150-175)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 95
Required Dexterity: 118
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
+200-250% Enhanced Damage
+100-200% Damage To Demons
+100-200% Damage To Undead
50% Increased Attack Speed
5% Chance To Cast Level 7 Fist of the Heavens On Striking
Replenish Life +12
+100-150% Bonus To Attack Rating

You can up it and it gets a socket

Untested. Could be worth a shot but 5 percents pretty low. Ill try after i sleep.
WinningBreeds

Gold: Locked

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldstike arch does more dmg than windforce in pve is what hes trying to say and not for the lvl 7 foh proc(which only interrupts you for a split second)

infinity does nothing against physical immunes

cant leech off ubers(except tap)

again as mentioned in other thread

reapers toll on merc. Maybe even blackhorns face+decrep to perma slow baal down

i dont know why you just wont simply cast a valk in his face? Seems to be the eaisest solution
Erokai

Warn:

Post#12 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious?

500 hours of work wouldve gotten you proper gear and 2 weeks vacation in Hawaii
DuckDuckGo

Warn:

Post#13 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amp + cb + ow.

ow stops their repl.
ga would directly dmg the boss and ignore its defense.
an act2 holy freeze merc with slow wep and or blackhorn helm would slow the boss and summons down. maxed valkyre and decoy could take the heat and be resummoned.

i would:
atma ammu(breaks immunes and makes cb/ow stronger)
faith mb
Guilaume or giant skull(the kb would be nice)
gores
strings
LoH
raven
dual leech ring.

meph and his skellies cannot be leeched, the other can be.

strafe once in a while to kb and amp monsters meanwhile still having namelock on boss, then back to boss.

u can still have ur dragon armor, but you can also use an duress
WinningBreeds

Warn:

Post#14 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuckDuckGo wrote:
amp + cb + ow.

ow stops their repl.
an act2 holy freeze merc with slow wep and or blackhorn helm would slow the boss and summons down. maxed valkyre and decoy could take the heat and be resummoned.

i would:
faith mb
gores
strings
LoH
raven
dual leech ring.

strafe once in a while to kb and amp monsters meanwhile still having namelock on boss, then back to boss.

Or Forti

Also prebuff treachery and use proper charms
Erokai

Warn:

Post#15 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's open wounds from your dracs that are stopping mephisto's health regen, not the hydras. Your hydras do no damage.
When you post a build you should mention hard points in the skills, not the values after gear.
Next time ask us for a bowzon build to ubers instead of wasting several hours with no understanding of basic game mechanics
ForgottenDreamer

gt.gif

Warn:

Post#16 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erokai wrote:
It's open wounds from your dracs that are stopping mephisto's health regen, not the hydras. Your hydras do no damage.
When you post a build you should mention hard points in the skills, not the values after gear.
Next time ask us for a bowzon build to ubers instead of wasting several hours with no understanding of basic game mechanics

This is 100 percent wrong. Go replace the dragon with fort like everyone has been assuming for over a decade and you will fail as everyone has. 1 hydra is nothing but when you end up proccing 8 or 9 hydras in 3 seconds ur looking at a lot of projectiles. The hydras absolutely do damage him. Not in the sense that i can let them do the dps but in the sense that even when skeletons spawn on my way theyre still hitting him. I was looking for an ubers build for a bowzon that doesnt blow and make u run and dodge projectiles at all. This is the ONLY one that does that so far.

Also open wounds from dracs only works on ubers for i believe 2 seconds. As soon as skeletons get summoned in your way thats gone.
ForgottenDreamer

gt.gif

Warn:

Post#17 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erokai wrote:
Are you serious?

500 hours of work wouldve gotten you proper gear and 2 weeks vacation in Hawaii

ishotsif Dont need the money or vacation. Im free to spend 500 hours doing old content in a super old video game over the course of 3 months. That shoulda tipped off the fact that i dont really need that. Ill go on vacation when i feel like it.
ForgottenDreamer

gt.gif

Warn:

Post#18 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuckDuckGo wrote:
amp + cb + ow.

ow stops their repl.

i would:
faith mb
gores
strings
LoH
raven
dual leech ring.

if i amp i die. Lifetap doesnt work on baal or the physical immunes but it DOES work on his clone. Problem is since his adds wont die my strafe shots are scattered and spread so thin that relying on that is not doable. If the phys immune adds just frickin died my strafe shots would only split two directions thus more reliable life leech and then i could just stack mana pots and win the dps race....but i cant get rid of the damn dark lords.
Erokai

Warn:

Post#19 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that's what I thought
you don't give a shit about any advice, you're just trying to flex
well lemme tell you, failing to do ubers in 500hours isn't something you should be proud of
WinningBreeds

Warn:

Post#20 Posted: 10 Apr 2021 03:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solid thread briggrin
2 Members: Guest
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo III Trading and Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: