Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Basic Pure Light Trap Sin

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Dennis

Group: Members
Donor:
Gold: 0.00

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 02 Nov 2010 01:37 am    Post subject: Basic Pure Light Trap Sin Reply with quote

Introduction and why claw/ claw

A trap assassin is an over powered character that can become nearly useless by itself if you come accross BM (or smart) players. If you are unwilling to get frustrated every other public pk game, because of the other people sorbing making them 50% harder to kill or nearly impossible, then I would recommend making a bone necro or elemental druid.
On the other hand trap assassins in my mind are the best gm pk character there are no character that can kill them everytime if played right.

Why claw block over the 174fcr build? why would you want to be a wimp that relies on others, when you can be the champ? yes yes i know you want to be good in team pk and you think that 174 fcr will help so much. but how much help are you when your dead or say your team mates are dead and you need to pull off a 2v1 but you got no block and low damage reduction? if this did not convience you i am sorry im not good at persuading people. just try it, you have a chance to restat your character as many times as you want.

Claw block,has a chance to block everything besides for poison so helps in every situation and can save your life or give you more chance to do more damage to the person before you die.

Overview of the trap assassin

Pros
  • *High damage
    *Good range
    *Hard to avoid
    *Multiple ways to play it
Cons
  • *Damage range is high
    *Players can absorb / stack you
    *requires level 90 or higher in most cases before you can play effectively
What you want to come out of your assassin

You want at least 60% chance to block with claws, this is done with the skill claw block. You want as much damage, and life as possible, but you also need at least 102 fcr with 86 fhr sounds tricky but isnt unreachable.

Stats

Strength: Aim for base but add if you need
Dex: Aim for base but add if you need
Vita: All if possible if not the rest of your unused stats after all gear is on
Energy: None

Skills

Max Light sentry
Max Death senty
Max Charge Bolt sentry
Max Shock Web
1 into Fire blast
1 into claw mastery
1 into burst of speed
1 into psychic hammer
1 into cloak of shadows
1 into shadow warrior
1 into shadow master (use this one)
1 into mind blast
26 into claw block with gear on (hits 60%) ( this is also before you use battle commands so your block does not get lowered after it runs out in long duel)
rest into fade (or you could add rest to mind blast if you feel you are not up against enough melee characters and more mind blast damage would be better)

other option is 1 into fade and add rest into claw block to reach higher block but it goes up so slow it would seem logical to me that adding to fade which gives damage reduction per skill til level 50 (which is impossible to reach with this gear) would be a better choice but that is up to you.

Best other option Adding rest into Mindblast which makes your shadow master use that skill more, it does more dmg and better stun

Ideal Gear

Left Weapon: 2sin / 3 light sentry / 2 open socket with 2x 15ias 15res jewels greater talons (high ias and low requirements)
Assassins only use the ias of one weapon which is the left one so you want to make sure you put your better ias claw on the left.

Right Weapon: 2sin / 3 light sentry / 2 open socket with 2x 7fhr light res jewels (or other lacking res which should be none i use light res for fohers)
You want more fhr so you hit the 86 fhr breakpoint easier. // Also Bartuc's is a good option to with 30fhr and 2sin skills cheaper as well
Armor: Enigma of your choice (I prefer gothic plate)

Gloves: Trang gloves (fcr and cold res)

Boots: Shadow Dancers with near higher dex (so you need to add no stats to dex in the end)

Helm: Griffons eye with 15ias 15res jewel in it ( use this for the 25fcr not so much the dmg)

Rings: both rings should have 10fcr 18+ str preferably with Life on them (mana helps to but not as much as life you shoudnt need any more resistance with fade on)

Amulet: 2sin 17+ fcr with other mods (yet again life is good so mana maybe a little resistance whatever you can afford.)

Belt: Spider (or arach)

Switch: 6bo cta with bo spirit

Inventory:

Remember you need 86 fhr so think how you can do this you can switch this around if you dont like mine.

3x trap fhr grand charms
6x trap life gran charms (higher the better of course)
2x 5fhr scs (side mods are welcome)
8x 20 life scs

Highest Attribute torch and anni you can get.

My sin stats: 105fcr (only 102 needed) 90 fhr (only 86 fhr needed) 3.8k life (@level 91 can be higher just mine)

If you can not afford those claws then just use 2sin with 2ls 2open sockets with same jewels or make sure u get the ias on left and fhr on right. (also bartucs cut throat is really cheap and effective on the right weapon.

Player Killing Strategies

Paladin

Hammerdin: DO NOT TELE ONTO THE PALADIN UNLESS HE IS RUNNING AND YOU ARE SURE HE IS NOT HAMMERING AWAY (only do this to keep a lock) Get near him lock him with mind blast first switch to light sentry cast them til he starts to run then mind blast switching back to light sentry when he gets away from ur first set of traps but stay away from hammers if he teles on you mind blast him off you should tank at least 1-3 hammers. so remember that (plus claw block) if absorbed easy character to dodge and mindblast to death honestly.

Charger: These you gotta almost camp if they are good, I myself am against camping but I am more against dying. lay trap in all directions around you but make sure they all can reach u if you get hit. mindblast on yourself if you know he is coming at you but cant see him. once he is on you and you claw block him and he see he is dying do not let him go dont be afraid to tele ontop on him and cast traps. (depending how low he is of course). if he absorbs your pretty much boned but still a slight chance to mind blast him to death or if your traps do some damage still then slowly kill him.

Foher: your resistance should be high enough to not be effected by his aura. just keep teleing on him and trapping him and mindblast to keep him in range. not hard to kill

Sorcs:

Fire / light : you should be able to take 2 direct hits by most fire / light sorcs but do not rely on this dodge as much as you can and just get a mindblast lock do 1 trap mindblast 1 trap til u kill do not let your locks go if possible.

Blzzard: Harder type of character to kill dont camp but dont tele predictable like. get lock but dont tele ontop you should be able to take 1 blizz hit and have alittle life but watch out for his blasts after words.

Sorc Absorb: if the character is ES sorc and has much absorb and is using mana pots ya hard to kill but still doable if not get a friend and if he has absorb im sure his fcr or fhr is effected so makes him easier to team up on smile

Druids

Ele: These can be either the easiest characters to kill or a medium take some effort to kill them if they use sorb they can take on lots of damage and has many chances to jump and if you dont get a lock on him he will take almost no damage with sorb. if good mannered he will have no sorb and should not take longer than him jumping you twice which you should be able to take on many nados. but you will want to take on the druid aggressively but not stupidly, he is the easier char to pick off once his oak is gone.

melee druid: if he charges you camp but if not just tele near but not to close cast 2 traps mindblast and cast more before he gets close and when he does tele to where he was when u first starting attacking but cast more traps on him

Amazon:

Bow: Tele on or near prefer on the zon cast 1 trap then mindblast casting another every other mindblast stay on him do not let him get near you.

java: same as bow tele on cast 2 traps this time and mindblast casting more traps be more careful teleing onto this one tho.

far casting zon: absorb only char i would ever absorb is this.

Necro:

Bone: catch him in lock dont rely on camping as he can spam you which you will block these but you can only block so many just be quick in your lock and you should be ok cast 1 trap and keep mindblasting dont bother casting more unless hes low fhr

poison: if he has revives get name lock on him get him out of his revives then cast 1 trap and keep mindblasting in general (not all) these guys are weak once out of revives.

Barb:

BvA: these are harder they will tele onto you mostly so if they do dont tele away but get out of their ww keep in range of traps and dont rely on mindblast but still use it. if you can walk them to get their ww glitch do it.

BvB: ya these guys are slow but pack a punch dont rely on them being to slow to hit you be cautious.

Sin:

Trap Sin: try to show respect and dont absorb or stack unless they do they put up with it just as much as you. just rely on being sneaky dont try to jump him but dont camp cause he will also and this will be no fun for either of you. only thing is keep him teleing near you and keep casting traps on edge of your screen but dont leave you open this is probably hardest character to kill in good manner

Melee or hybird sin: they will either advoid you or attack you so play to how they are. remember they have claw block also if they are hybrid they will camp most likely. with that just cast traps into their "camp" make them move but dont jump them this is a slow process of killing them safely.

Main Points:
  • *60+ Chance to Block with claw block
    *At least 102 fcr
    *At least 86 fhr
    *use 2sin gear over 3trap for add to claw block
    *fade adds damage reduction and resistance
    *get as much life as possible
    *practice makes you better

Last edited by Dennis on 03 Nov 2010 01:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Dennis

Donor:
Gold: 0.00

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 16 Nov 2010 02:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No body comments on this do it!
ShUgaSHaNe

Group: Scammer
Gold: Locked
Clan: MightY

ca.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#3 Posted: 16 Nov 2010 03:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad at all
pretty nice
Yaya

Donor:

hk.gif

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 16 Nov 2010 05:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's for starters.. derisive
unevens

Gold: 0.50
Clan: Elite

us.gif

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 18 Nov 2010 07:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice guild

Donor:

hk.gif

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 19 Nov 2010 08:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It covers the most for a basic guide, its nice :=)
Law

Group: Banned
Gold: 18.00

ee.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#7 Posted: 01 Dec 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n00b^ wrote:
It's for starters.. derisive

n00b^ wrote:
It covers the most for a basic guide, its nice :=)

What's the point of posting pretty much the same thing twice?

unevens wrote:
nice guild

Guide*

It's ok guide, misses vital components
Most of your dueling tactics are incorrect (at least for people who play in higher dueling games than pubs)

5.5/10

Nicholas

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 06 Dec 2010 06:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice ima try it
0ne

Group: Banned

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#9 Posted: 31 Jan 2011 04:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShUgaSHaNe wrote:
not bad at all
pretty nice

i'd say 10/10

pretty perfect.

Basi

us.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 25 Feb 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

except 102fcr c/c sins get WRECKED unless you have absolutely perfect gear. case in point, 3.8k life on a c/c sin is just embarrassing.

65fcr is the much better option for anyone who doesn't poor hundreds of $$$ into their d2 chars (jew_)

as far as the dueling strategies go, i didn't see the word chain lock once, and no mb vs barbs = suicide or extremely l8z dueling (both are no fun)

4/10 because you forgot some really important things. u didn't mention how much ias is needed for max bp, and u didn't mention that 2x gts are a MUST despite only the primary claw's ias going to your total ias (which you did mention so props there). also, mana is VERY important on sins, there's a reason why most nl sins use bmanas. if you're going to be aggressive you need a shit ton of mana. on rings and ammys, mana>>>>life most of the time. 600 mana>>>>200 life on sins. you don't wanna be in the middle of a chain lock and need to chug a mana pot
inFluenZa
Graphic Artist

Gold: 576.60
Clan: Coven

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 25 Feb 2011 04:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a 6/10

also remember that it takes less fhr to walk out of MB then it does to try and tele out of MB<--most noob pkers will sit there and try to tele out of MB

Sivi

Gold: 3.50

Warn:

Post#12 Posted: 08 Mar 2011 04:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it
trollnest

Warn:

Post#13 Posted: 13 Jun 2012 06:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i prefer treap assa on hoto +spirit with schako nigma, stacks ress on master lvl 120fcr very good fhr, imo best and fastests
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: