Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

With regards to giveaways - Getting d2jsp mods involved?
1, 2  Next

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

iIntrigue

Group: Retired Moderators
Gold: 343.82
Clan: Transformers

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#1 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: With regards to giveaways - Getting d2jsp mods involved? Reply with quote

This was yuna's idea and I just wanted to expand on it.

Do you think we should ask d2jsp mods to sticky our Guild: Trust FG giveaway on d2jsp in Scammer Accusations?

anomy

Group: Guild Members
Gold: 165.25

ks.gif

Warn:

Guild Members

Post#2 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: With regards to giveaways - Getting d2jsp mods involved? Reply with quote

Aquaphire wrote:
This was yuna's idea and I just wanted to expand on it.

Do you think we should ask d2jsp mods to sticky our Guild: Trust FG giveaway on d2jsp in Scammer Accusations?

I think that's good except we'll need a lot more donors cuz a lot of ppl are going to want something out of it

Beware! A serial killer is on the loose... A mugshot of the criminal is on my avatar!
iIntrigue

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#3 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 01:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll come in itself, if u post there there's going to be a place to donate.
anomy

Group: Guild Members
Gold: 165.25

ks.gif

Warn:

Guild Members

Post#4 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 01:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquaphire wrote:
It'll come in itself, if u post there there's going to be a place to donate.

well hopefully enough ppl will donate in order to let thing thing going.

Beware! A serial killer is on the loose... A mugshot of the criminal is on my avatar!
*Curti*

Group: Members
Gold: 1011.04

uk.gif

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 02:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and u cud only really refund people where the "scammer" gets a tag and l;ocked fg ..otherwise loadsa ppls will say they got scammed 50 times for 100000k fg briggrin

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#6 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 02:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe its more complicated than that curti. 2 people coule prepare an elaborate involving massive amounts of FG that was "scammed" in order to be refunded. Also, if jsp refunded all scammed FG, people wouldn't bother indulging in safe trade practices since they know theres always a backup in which they will be refunded. Finally, scammed FG can be used to make a legit trade therefore the scammer would go unpunished since he would have managed to acquire an item that was not legitimately his.

There is a way to transfer FG among people without jsp being able to track it back to lock whom the gold has been sent to, but I'm not going to mention it. I belive this is why Paul doesn't do a refund system.

bit
Super Man!!!!!!

Group: Guild Leader
Gold: 48.10

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#7 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 04:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are many things that need to happen for this to work.
1) Guild trust donors should be presented by just the guild name.
2) People outside of guild should have their name presented.
3) Donations should be given to people who have shown they have little net worth, used proper trading techniques (aka got them locked), and have no asked for donations them selves. Concentrate, when possible on users that are positive in the community.
4) Let Martin / dad / paul / someone who is very fluent in these things decide who gets the donations.
5) Thread should be stickied and locked and updated /w donation info.

The purpose of this is to encourage people to be well behaved, and use proper trading techniques.

Just my 2 cents..

Minister

Donor:
Gold: 16.98
Clan: Trust

ja.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#8 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 04:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be easily abused. Plus I really don't think the Moderators would care much about it. And we wouldn't have sufficient funds to help out even half of those who get scammed in one day. We are drastically lacking capital and how many people would contribute to this cause is still an unknown factor. I believe that you should wait at least a while to see how well this goes, if your project is successful and grows to a considerable size then you probably should try approaching a Moderator about this.

For now, it is too insignificant, although it is a excellent project, it still lacks time and size.

bit
Super Man!!!!!!

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#9 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 06:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rina wrote:
This could be easily abused. Plus I really don't think the Moderators would care much about it. And we wouldn't have sufficient funds to help out even half of those who get scammed in one day. We are drastically lacking capital and how many people would contribute to this cause is still an unknown factor. I believe that you should wait at least a while to see how well this goes, if your project is successful and grows to a considerable size then you probably should try approaching a Moderator about this.

For now, it is too insignificant, although it is a excellent project, it still lacks time and size.

I disagree, and agree to disagree! wub
I don't see how this could be abused, at all. I think the Moderators would think it's a good think, they aren't evil people you know. Lacking capital and funding, that's a bunch of horse shit. Even 1k fg a month would change several people's d2 lifes... This is like saying don't try because it's not a "good enough" thing. I'm more then willing to ask some meds, and I bet i'd get a positive response. Especially once all the "godly people" start donating all the wanna-bes will donate, and compete for the most fg...

Minister

Donor:

ja.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#10 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 06:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heart of this project is to benefit those who got scammed. Not so that people can compete in donating the most Fg so they can seem cool. That I strongly disagree with.

1000 Fg a month isn't even enough to cover a half hour worth of scams.

You seem to take my opinion the wrong way. I'm not criticizing the whole thing, I'm in support of it. You can indeed change the lives of a few people but then those who aren't helped will complain even more.

People will just start getting friends who don't use JSP to play out a fake scam. How hard is it to do that? They can just get any friend to fake out a trade and share the profit even.

Moderators will think it's good? I'm not so sure on that. Guess we'll have to find out. Am I saying they're evil? No. Some of them are quite nice, I acknowledge this.

It's a good enough thing by theory, but once the theory is applied, I believe it's better off just keeping it to ourselves.
bit
Super Man!!!!!!

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#11 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 07:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rina wrote:
The heart of this project is to benefit those who got scammed. Not so that people can compete in donating the most Fg so they can seem cool. That I strongly disagree with.

Never said this. But donators should be mentioned, it will promote donating. Who gives a shit if they get +1 rep? If FG is getting to the needy.
Rina wrote:

1000 Fg a month isn't even enough to cover a half hour worth of scams.

Something > Something, Beggers can't be choosers, etc. I bet more Fg will roll in, for sure.
Rina wrote:

You seem to take my opinion the wrong way. I'm not criticizing the whole thing, I'm in support of it. You can indeed change the lives of a few people but then those who aren't helped will complain even more.

Complain = break rules = warn -> banzors. If you can't follow these rules I don't personally want you on d2jsp.
Rina wrote:
People will just start getting friends who don't use JSP to play out a fake scam. How hard is it to do that? They can just get any friend to fake out a trade and share the profit even.

No way that would work. Have two accounts made, one get fg.. One scam the other, both get locked in the hopes of getting some rando FG? If the mod decided the person deserves it / the randomness factor. Hell no, better luck winning the lotto. This is like a thing where the pot grows and as meds see good members who get scammed can donate some.
Rina wrote:

Moderators will think it's good? I'm not so sure on that. Guess we'll have to find out. Am I saying they're evil? No. Some of them are quite nice, I acknowledge this.

It promotes proper trading... I think they will promote it. Just a matter of finding a med who doesn't mind taking the time.

Rina wrote:

It's a good enough thing by theory, but once the theory is applied, I believe it's better off just keeping it to ourselves.

Might be true, but then you cut your self short of a change in the systems that support honest users at d2jsp.

Minister

Donor:

ja.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#12 Posted: 07 Mar 2007 08:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm still standing on my position that these things are better off not noted, donations should be done to help...not to receive recognition, saying this from experience, but Jordan raised some good points too so it's up to them to decide now, I'm done throwing my views in.
xXxNeCroSiSxXx

Gold: 4.80
Clan: D3JSP

ro.gif

Warn:

Post#13 Posted: 08 Mar 2007 05:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not really sure what to say on this topic ill just leave you guys to choose but i think it could be good and bad sad

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#14 Posted: 08 Mar 2007 08:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mebe a tentative poking around could work for the moment
xXxNeCroSiSxXx

Gold: 4.80

ro.gif

Warn:

Post#15 Posted: 08 Mar 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea maybe

Gold: 84.55

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#16 Posted: 13 Mar 2007 07:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea
Texazon

Gold: 134.03

us.gif

Warn:

Post#17 Posted: 19 Mar 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mods are extremly busy with the post count, although victims rights advocates and social services are important, I think we should focus on creating an example for the trade community.

I think the donation concept is great, but we should not appear to be patting ourselves on the back for it.
Let's quietly do the right thing to the best of our ability.

Jeff's heart is in the right place, but I agree with Rina, let's continue the donations without appearing to be doing it to achieve an agenda.

SinLin

Group: Banned
Gold: 5.50

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#18 Posted: 26 Mar 2007 03:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would i go about donating to this? i think its a great idea if they have all of the required information on the scam / trade.
iIntrigue

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#19 Posted: 26 Mar 2007 03:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SinLin --> check the giveaway section
Evilution

Gold: 2.75

Warn:

Post#20 Posted: 27 Mar 2007 07:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea but dont do it

this would cause a lot more spam and d2jsp doesnt need any more of that. it is inevetable that many people would take advantage of this.

Last edited by Evilution on 27 Mar 2007 07:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: