Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Hammer Vs All guide

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

PvP

Group: Banned
Gold: Locked

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#1 Posted: 14 Jun 2009 03:35 pm    Post subject: Hammer Vs All guide Reply with quote

HvA

Introduction: bye

I know there are a lot of guides that are very similar to mine. But I decided to introduce my personal hammer din guide which I used in the past. This guide may be a bit lame because I include BM, and some lame tactics such as defensive play, hammer field, and synch. Personally I think that hammer dins are not very fun to play because of repetitive play style, but its arguably one of the best pvp chars that will clean public duel rooms, even with cheap gear.

The build Of HVA is different then most build posted here, it will reach max dr/max block/ good hammer damage/ good life with right gear/ stacked res/ 125fcr/86fhr/ and will have many switches
Such as doom zerk or grief Pb. I will future how you can become a charger/smiter/ and hammer din
In one guide, just by putting 1 point into them.

Skills:

1: smite - very good attack when duelling defensive barbarians, zons, should be used with grief only.

1: charge - good attack vs. non-mb sorc's, any type of bowazons should be used with doom zerk or grief pb only ( i prefer using it with doomz against bowazons in pubs , and grief against sorc's in pubs) but if its a gm duel then use grief vs. bowazons as well.

1: holy bolt - pre required Skill

20: Blessed Hammer - main attack, high damage , and will most likely be used 85% of the time you duel.

1: might - pre required skill

20: blessed aim - pre required skill that serves as synergy to hammers, I suggest maxing it after you maxed hammers, concentration, and vigor. Don’t forget to max it though , it adds quite a bit of damage.

20: Concentration - Hammer damage boost, your main aura, very effective.

1: fanaticism - for smite/charge, 1 point wonder that will boost your physical damage, and IAS
Great when charging, smiting people.

1: prayer - pre required skill

1: cleansing - pre required skill, can be used in tvt duels to reduce curse/poison/cold length.

1: defiance - pre required skill

20: vigor - very useful skill, synergy to hammer and easy will make you desynch when used with charge.

Rest: holy shield - holy shield will reach its max +% to block with gear I suggest, so pumping it up will
Only pump your defence up. Still useful skill for major defence .

Stats:

Strength - 5-6 points, when you get 30 strength amulet should be 4 or so. Its no biggy to put few points in strength, in return you get max dr/fhr/res which is way more important on HVA.

Dexterity - level your character to level you want him to stay on, get all your gear, Bc/Bo yourself from cta, cast holy shield , add enough dexterity
Till you reach max block. Done.

Vitality - Rest, life is major stat on any character.

Energy - none, mana pots and Bo solve mana problems.

Gear:

Helm:
Double ber'd 15 % damage reduction coa : stunning 31 dr without it you cant reach max dr on this build, 30fhr, 1 skill, 20-30res. Perfect helm imo.

Armor:
Enigma 2skill, 45frw, teleport, STR, life, dr, mf, % damage taken to mana: are all very useful mods and nothing can substitute enigma on hdin due to points saved /teleport. Teleport is essential part of hammer. 2 skills pump up your damage and life/mana. dr and +% max life are always useful and dr helps you reach max dr.

Shield:
Sacred targe spirit: must be 35fcr or build isn’t complete, aside from fcr you get 55 fhr, 89-112 mana, resistance I strongly suggest you get one with 40+res base one, 22 vitality (life) , and 3-8 magic sorb which is not very useful. Spirit helps you reach max fcr, 86fhr bp, life/huge mana boost/
With sacred targe which has highest average smite damage (aside from vortex which has the same smite damage but requires more strength and is not needed for hdin build) it’s very good for smiting with grief. Other nice thing about sacred targe it has highest % block chance in game so when getting max block it will save you some stats for vita.

Primary weapon:
(Used when you cast hammers (well most of the time))
Hoto: 40fcr/3skills/30-40res/15% increased mana/10 dex/20replenish life/oak charges happy:
Imo best hammer din weapon , gives you damage bonus, 40 fcr to reach max fcr bp, res is always nice to have stacked, more mana = less pots = less gold, 10dex saves you 10 vita points (30 boable life). oak is bm but good for pubs , hammer always hit summon first so its good in pub hvh , or bm hvh , grand life boost is nice as well. Remember bo your self but don’t switch to cta while you have oak casted because it will disappear, charges only work if you remain with weapon you charge-casted the charge-summon with. Meaning if you take off Hoto or press W oak will disappear.

Gloves:
Trang oul gloves: 20fcr, 30 cold res: nice way to stack cold res, but also help you reach max fcr bp.
I chose them instead of mages because 30cr > mana/useless 1 fire skill on mages. But they both work so if you like style of magefists, go for it.

Primary rings:
2x 10fcr rings
Order of importance: 10fcr/dex/life/mana/res
Other stats are nice but not needed, ofc 10fcr/dex/life/mana rings will work as well or so, depending on your budget find yourself 10fcr rings. 20fcr from 2x rings gets you to last fcr bp
When you have dex/ life/mana/res on them it will a) give you boable life, mana bonus, stack res and dex will save you some points for vita.

Primary Belt:
Dungo (must have 11 dr at least) : 10fhr/30-40 vitality/life replenish/and 11-15dr: gg belt for hva
Boable life from vita will equal to 90-120 boable life, which is good, life replenish is nice smile, and dr is needed to reach max dr, also fhr will give you max fhr without putting shael in CoA or using fhr scs/gcs.

Primary boots:
Water walks (get ones with 60+life they are cheap): frw/60+life/15dex/+max fr: that’s at least 105 boable life, which is always nice. 15 dex gets you max block faster, which means you will put more points into vitality.

Primary ammy:
Rare ammy with: (order of importance) 2 paladin skills, 10fcr, 30tr, life, res.
Depending on your budget but get 2/10/30 at least. : increases your damage/10fcr makes you reach 125fcr, 30str - saves points for coa, if it has life/res than you get more boable life , and stacked res.

Inventory:
6-7 pcombs ( with life if you can afford)
rest 20life scs (res ones if you can afford)
stacks life res , adds damage, 6 pcombs is enough for 11-13k damage.

Switch:
Weapon:
Cta: compulsory item needed for major life, and skill increase: Bc/bo increases skills/and life/mana. Very useful since Bo almost doubles your health. A must weapon on any hdin.

Shield:
Spirit (any fcr/base etc): just junk shield which will give you +2 skills on switch for more life/mana when you Bo.

Gear in stash:
Any sorb gear you want: wisps/dwards/hotpsurs/tgods/snowclashs/2x ravenfrosts/3res boots
Later on you will grow out of this gear and get tired of switching between, but if you like
to annoy people go for it. Good to have in bm duels as well.

2x raven frost - put on with grief, dex from raven frosts will substitute the dex from Hoto, so you
Get your max block anyway, 40 cold absorb is ok when charging cold sorc’s, and also ar/mana/ will
Be nice when using charge with grief/doomz.

Grief Pb: reason for grief to be Pb is to get max IAS with it, and when you are allowed you can still smite decently as well. Try to get as high damage as possible, grief is essential part of hva, without it you will most likely lose to bowazons, decent defensive barbs, walking sorc’s, etc. Put grief on when charging or smiting.

Eternity scepter:
88 charges to summon revives to bad you can Bo your revives, be careful don’t switch to cta while you have revives, all your revives will die, as I mentioned with hoto, item you charge-summoned with must stay at its place. GG weapon it can revive monsters with immunities to any element including physical and magic damage which make you immune to any attack, try to get 3hammer/3 concentration so you don’t lose any damage when switching hoto for it. This is for BM only.

Doomz:
Holy freeze aura: very useful when fighting bowazons, to lower their IAS bps, kills them
in secs and makes them cry. Ofc its very BM and to be used in bm/pubs only.

Techniques:

How to Desynch//Blindspot/ Hammerdin pvp basics and tips:

Link

Good example of desynch:

Link

Proper Hammerdin chainlocking:

Link

Tactics:

Paladins:

Hammerdin vs. Hammerdin

Equal duel, spam hammers, synch, be careful when entering new area, he might of spammed it.
Never stomp/chainlock another Hammerdin, it will be an instant death for you, unless you have revives up. Since hammers hit revives first, you will not get damaged. Revives are BM though. So for gm duel you should desynch.

Hammerdin vs. Smiter:

Never telestomp smiter, he will just drain 1/3 your health and you will be lucky even if you get 1 hammer on him. The easiest way to defeat a smiter is to make him charge you , if he is stupid of course he will try charging you, just make a hammer field, and when he charges into it he should be dead. If he is being defensive, tele a few centimetres away from him and spam hammers, if he doesn’t move he is dead if he moves just synch/tele close to him until he is dead spamming hammers , I prefer synching because he cant see you and he is very vulnerable target . Main thing to remember is to never telestomp a smiter. Otherwise it’s very hard to lose vs. smiter if you don’t telestomp.

Hammerdin vs. Zealots:

Very easy duel. Telestomp him, few hammers should send his soul to oblivion, zealots are weak against hdin.

Hammerdin vs. V/T:

He will annoy you with foh. He will try to get you to telestomp him. Just tele up close to him and spam hammers like with smiter. If you have followed my guide correctly his foh should be weak against you, if he is slow and a newb on v/t telestomp him when he is fohing. 2 to 3 hammers will end him. Not an easy duel with experienced one, but teleing close/synching by him will kill him.

Hammerdin vs. Foh:

Throw wisp on (1 piece of sorb is gm), if he is slow telestomp him. If he charges around, try to chainlock him from few screens away and telestomp , should be easy duel with all your stacked resistance.

Hammerdin vs. Auradin:

If he is stacked, then put mass absorb on, his conviction should not damage your res, with your stacked res, telestomp/treat him as a foh/charger, should be easy duel. If he is not stacked, you don’t need sorb, auras will barely touch you, he will try charge/smite, if he is shift- smiting on one place don’t telestomp, treat him as a pure smiter. If he try's to charge you make a hammerfield, it should take care of his life.

Hammerdin vs. Charger:

Ones again easy duel, synch him, telestomp, chainlock, make defensive hammerfield, anything should work, unless you are standing outside of town with no bo/hs on. Charge got nothing on Hammer.

To be continued...

Post any questions in this thread. Thx

Last edited by PvP on 16 Jun 2009 11:06 pm; edited 6 times in total

ChronicTacos

Group: VIP
Donor:
Gold: 10710.88

us.gif

Warn:

VIP

Post#2 Posted: 15 Jun 2009 02:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hammerdins are good as long as its equipped and you know how to control it

PvP

Banned

Post#3 Posted: 15 Jun 2009 07:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChronicTacos wrote:
I think hammerdins are good as long as its equipped and you know how to control it

Hammerdins is good killer yes, a bit boring though.
differents between my and other guides that my achieves great survivability
with 200+stacked res/max dr/max block/high life.mana/ etc

75% of builds posted here before will get easily destroyed by decent bvc/smiter/v.t/walking sorc/
walking necro.

Behe
Behe

Donor:
Gold: 27.50

fi.gif

Banned

Post#4 Posted: 04 Dec 2009 06:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shako > coa imo. And wizz > hoto. so much better and 1x sojs. Noneed to tell me what's better smile
AngeL.
ληĝεŁ

Group: Members
Donor:
Gold: 762.70
Clan: Elite

sp.gif

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 28 Jul 2010 06:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behe wrote:
Shako > coa imo. And wizz > hoto. so much better and 1x sojs. Noneed to tell me what's better smile

lol you are so stupid
shako -> no dr
and wizzy LOL hoto>>>>

Machinarium

Banned

Post#6 Posted: 28 Jul 2010 07:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice guide
AngeL.
ληĝεŁ

Donor:
Gold: 762.70
Clan: Elite

sp.gif

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 28 Jul 2010 05:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machinarium wrote:
nice guide

^^

YouSee

Clan: B.A.N

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 03 Aug 2010 08:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice guide

Ipad

Donor:
Gold: 755.60
Clan: HoD II

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 13 Aug 2010 01:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, all you need is 1 point in holy shield.
I suggest you pumping 10 points into either cold/light/fire resist, due to the passive bonus.
10 points will increase max res by 5%.
I personally put 10 into lightening resist.

as for inventory, have enough for 12k-12k hammer damage.
fill the rest with life/res scs.
My hdin has over 350+ stacked resist per element, with 12k hammer damage.
lifemaka

Gold: 75.06

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 15 Aug 2010 03:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good looking guide
Sywver

Gold: 106.40

bu.gif

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 30 Aug 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good guide, helped me a lot, thanks smile
Hardcore

Group: Scammer

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#12 Posted: 27 Oct 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great guide!
nSybastian

Gold: 0.00

pl.gif

Warn:

Post#13 Posted: 10 Dec 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad

:'DD
D2BM

Gold: 11.50

Warn:

Post#14 Posted: 27 Dec 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx 4 guide. smile

Gold: 8.00

Banned

Post#15 Posted: 16 Jan 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hammer Vs All guide Reply with quote

PvP wrote:
HvA

Introduction: bye

I know there are a lot of guides that are very similar to mine. But I decided to introduce my personal hammer din guide which I used in the past. This guide may be a bit lame because I include BM, and some lame tactics such as defensive play, hammer field, and synch. Personally I think that hammer dins are not very fun to play because of repetitive play style, but its arguably one of the best pvp chars that will clean public duel rooms, even with cheap gear.

The build Of HVA is different then most build posted here, it will reach max dr/max block/ good hammer damage/ good life with right gear/ stacked res/ 125fcr/86fhr/ and will have many switches
Such as doom zerk or grief Pb. I will future how you can become a charger/smiter/ and hammer din
In one guide, just by putting 1 point into them.

Skills:

1: smite - very good attack when duelling defensive barbarians, zons, should be used with grief only.

1: charge - good attack vs. non-mb sorc's, any type of bowazons should be used with doom zerk or grief pb only ( i prefer using it with doomz against bowazons in pubs , and grief against sorc's in pubs) but if its a gm duel then use grief vs. bowazons as well.

1: holy bolt - pre required Skill

20: Blessed Hammer - main attack, high damage , and will most likely be used 85% of the time you duel.

1: might - pre required skill

20: blessed aim - pre required skill that serves as synergy to hammers, I suggest maxing it after you maxed hammers, concentration, and vigor. Don’t forget to max it though , it adds quite a bit of damage.

20: Concentration - Hammer damage boost, your main aura, very effective.

1: fanaticism - for smite/charge, 1 point wonder that will boost your physical damage, and IAS
Great when charging, smiting people.

1: prayer - pre required skill

1: cleansing - pre required skill, can be used in tvt duels to reduce curse/poison/cold length.

1: defiance - pre required skill

20: vigor - very useful skill, synergy to hammer and easy will make you desynch when used with charge.

Rest: holy shield - holy shield will reach its max +% to block with gear I suggest, so pumping it up will
Only pump your defence up. Still useful skill for major defence .

Stats:

Strength - 5-6 points, when you get 30 strength amulet should be 4 or so. Its no biggy to put few points in strength, in return you get max dr/fhr/res which is way more important on HVA.

Dexterity - level your character to level you want him to stay on, get all your gear, Bc/Bo yourself from cta, cast holy shield , add enough dexterity
Till you reach max block. Done.

Vitality - Rest, life is major stat on any character.

Energy - none, mana pots and Bo solve mana problems.

Gear:

Helm:
Double ber'd 15 % damage reduction coa : stunning 31 dr without it you cant reach max dr on this build, 30fhr, 1 skill, 20-30res. Perfect helm imo.

Armor:
Enigma 2skill, 45frw, teleport, STR, life, dr, mf, % damage taken to mana: are all very useful mods and nothing can substitute enigma on hdin due to points saved /teleport. Teleport is essential part of hammer. 2 skills pump up your damage and life/mana. dr and +% max life are always useful and dr helps you reach max dr.

Shield:
Sacred targe spirit: must be 35fcr or build isn’t complete, aside from fcr you get 55 fhr, 89-112 mana, resistance I strongly suggest you get one with 40+res base one, 22 vitality (life) , and 3-8 magic sorb which is not very useful. Spirit helps you reach max fcr, 86fhr bp, life/huge mana boost/
With sacred targe which has highest average smite damage (aside from vortex which has the same smite damage but requires more strength and is not needed for hdin build) it’s very good for smiting with grief. Other nice thing about sacred targe it has highest % block chance in game so when getting max block it will save you some stats for vita.

Primary weapon:
(Used when you cast hammers (well most of the time))
Hoto: 40fcr/3skills/30-40res/15% increased mana/10 dex/20replenish life/oak charges happy:
Imo best hammer din weapon , gives you damage bonus, 40 fcr to reach max fcr bp, res is always nice to have stacked, more mana = less pots = less gold, 10dex saves you 10 vita points (30 boable life). oak is bm but good for pubs , hammer always hit summon first so its good in pub hvh , or bm hvh , grand life boost is nice as well. Remember bo your self but don’t switch to cta while you have oak casted because it will disappear, charges only work if you remain with weapon you charge-casted the charge-summon with. Meaning if you take off Hoto or press W oak will disappear.

Gloves:
Trang oul gloves: 20fcr, 30 cold res: nice way to stack cold res, but also help you reach max fcr bp.
I chose them instead of mages because 30cr > mana/useless 1 fire skill on mages. But they both work so if you like style of magefists, go for it.

Primary rings:
2x 10fcr rings
Order of importance: 10fcr/dex/life/mana/res
Other stats are nice but not needed, ofc 10fcr/dex/life/mana rings will work as well or so, depending on your budget find yourself 10fcr rings. 20fcr from 2x rings gets you to last fcr bp
When you have dex/ life/mana/res on them it will a) give you boable life, mana bonus, stack res and dex will save you some points for vita.

Primary Belt:
Dungo (must have 11 dr at least) : 10fhr/30-40 vitality/life replenish/and 11-15dr: gg belt for hva
Boable life from vita will equal to 90-120 boable life, which is good, life replenish is nice smile, and dr is needed to reach max dr, also fhr will give you max fhr without putting shael in CoA or using fhr scs/gcs.

Primary boots:
Water walks (get ones with 60+life they are cheap): frw/60+life/15dex/+max fr: that’s at least 105 boable life, which is always nice. 15 dex gets you max block faster, which means you will put more points into vitality.

Primary ammy:
Rare ammy with: (order of importance) 2 paladin skills, 10fcr, 30tr, life, res.
Depending on your budget but get 2/10/30 at least. : increases your damage/10fcr makes you reach 125fcr, 30str - saves points for coa, if it has life/res than you get more boable life , and stacked res.

Inventory:
6-7 pcombs ( with life if you can afford)
rest 20life scs (res ones if you can afford)
stacks life res , adds damage, 6 pcombs is enough for 11-13k damage.

Switch:
Weapon:
Cta: compulsory item needed for major life, and skill increase: Bc/bo increases skills/and life/mana. Very useful since Bo almost doubles your health. A must weapon on any hdin.

Shield:
Spirit (any fcr/base etc): just junk shield which will give you +2 skills on switch for more life/mana when you Bo.

Gear in stash:
Any sorb gear you want: wisps/dwards/hotpsurs/tgods/snowclashs/2x ravenfrosts/3res boots
Later on you will grow out of this gear and get tired of switching between, but if you like
to annoy people go for it. Good to have in bm duels as well.

2x raven frost - put on with grief, dex from raven frosts will substitute the dex from Hoto, so you
Get your max block anyway, 40 cold absorb is ok when charging cold sorc’s, and also ar/mana/ will
Be nice when using charge with grief/doomz.

Grief Pb: reason for grief to be Pb is to get max IAS with it, and when you are allowed you can still smite decently as well. Try to get as high damage as possible, grief is essential part of hva, without it you will most likely lose to bowazons, decent defensive barbs, walking sorc’s, etc. Put grief on when charging or smiting.

Eternity scepter:
88 charges to summon revives to bad you can Bo your revives, be careful don’t switch to cta while you have revives, all your revives will die, as I mentioned with hoto, item you charge-summoned with must stay at its place. GG weapon it can revive monsters with immunities to any element including physical and magic damage which make you immune to any attack, try to get 3hammer/3 concentration so you don’t lose any damage when switching hoto for it. This is for BM only.

Doomz:
Holy freeze aura: very useful when fighting bowazons, to lower their IAS bps, kills them
in secs and makes them cry. Ofc its very BM and to be used in bm/pubs only.

Techniques:

How to Desynch//Blindspot/ Hammerdin pvp basics and tips:

Link

Good example of desynch:

Link

Proper Hammerdin chainlocking:

Link

Tactics:

Paladins:

Hammerdin vs. Hammerdin

Equal duel, spam hammers, synch, be careful when entering new area, he might of spammed it.
Never stomp/chainlock another Hammerdin, it will be an instant death for you, unless you have revives up. Since hammers hit revives first, you will not get damaged. Revives are BM though. So for gm duel you should desynch.

Hammerdin vs. Smiter:

Never telestomp smiter, he will just drain 1/3 your health and you will be lucky even if you get 1 hammer on him. The easiest way to defeat a smiter is to make him charge you , if he is stupid of course he will try charging you, just make a hammer field, and when he charges into it he should be dead. If he is being defensive, tele a few centimetres away from him and spam hammers, if he doesn’t move he is dead if he moves just synch/tele close to him until he is dead spamming hammers , I prefer synching because he cant see you and he is very vulnerable target . Main thing to remember is to never telestomp a smiter. Otherwise it’s very hard to lose vs. smiter if you don’t telestomp.

Hammerdin vs. Zealots:

Very easy duel. Telestomp him, few hammers should send his soul to oblivion, zealots are weak against hdin.

Hammerdin vs. V/T:

He will annoy you with foh. He will try to get you to telestomp him. Just tele up close to him and spam hammers like with smiter. If you have followed my guide correctly his foh should be weak against you, if he is slow and a newb on v/t telestomp him when he is fohing. 2 to 3 hammers will end him. Not an easy duel with experienced one, but teleing close/synching by him will kill him.

Hammerdin vs. Foh:

Throw wisp on (1 piece of sorb is gm), if he is slow telestomp him. If he charges around, try to chainlock him from few screens away and telestomp , should be easy duel with all your stacked resistance.

Hammerdin vs. Auradin:

If he is stacked, then put mass absorb on, his conviction should not damage your res, with your stacked res, telestomp/treat him as a foh/charger, should be easy duel. If he is not stacked, you don’t need sorb, auras will barely touch you, he will try charge/smite, if he is shift- smiting on one place don’t telestomp, treat him as a pure smiter. If he try's to charge you make a hammerfield, it should take care of his life.

Hammerdin vs. Charger:

Ones again easy duel, synch him, telestomp, chainlock, make defensive hammerfield, anything should work, unless you are standing outside of town with no bo/hs on. Charge got nothing on Hammer.

To be continued...

Post any questions in this thread. Thx

ShUgaSHaNe

Group: Scammer
Clan: MightY

ca.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#16 Posted: 16 Jan 2011 01:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop spamming
polacy

Gold: 6.50

Warn:

Post#17 Posted: 17 Jan 2011 02:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guide is just c&p
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: