Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

help out a noob?
1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Booya

Group: Members
Gold: 7.27

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 09 Jul 2007 08:20 pm    Post subject: help out a noob? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I haven't played this game for like 4-5 years and just started up again. it seems like they added features that ive never heard of (i.e. synergies?) and i'm completely lost.

also, whats with this penelty issue on rushing? from what i remember, you would get rushed to hell and do cow runs over and over for exp (as a leecher lol), now you have to be lvl 25 to benefit from the leech? i just dont get it!!

so yeah, im trying to put an effort to get back into the game so if you don't mind helping out a noob, im on useast and my account is: Booya thx!!

p.s. i wasnt a noob when i actually played, i mean i had windforce, valor something, stormshield, war travellers .. do these still exist? lolol
treezzzzz

Group: Scammer
Gold: Locked
Clan: Transformers

us.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#2 Posted: 09 Jul 2007 09:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you do chaosing in hell instead of cows for xp

Join Clan Transformers Today!! (links below)
Clan Forums Recruitment Thread
test
test

Group: Verified VIP
Donor:
Gold: 6.66
Clan: Testclan

ca.gif

Warn:

<b><font color='green'>Verified VIP</font></b>

Post#3 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 01:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many build guides in the "guides" section explaining the synergies and stat points u should put. Check em out
AngeLexia

Gold: 41.09

us.gif

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: help out a noob? Reply with quote

Booya wrote:
Hi guys,

I haven't played this game for like 4-5 years and just started up again. it seems like they added features that ive never heard of (i.e. synergies?) and i'm completely lost.

also, whats with this penelty issue on rushing? from what i remember, you would get rushed to hell and do cow runs over and over for exp (as a leecher lol), now you have to be lvl 25 to benefit from the leech? i just dont get it!!

so yeah, im trying to put an effort to get back into the game so if you don't mind helping out a noob, im on useast and my account is: Booya thx!!

p.s. i wasnt a noob when i actually played, i mean i had windforce, valor something, stormshield, war travellers .. do these still exist? lolol

Rushing:
You can still get to hell with a lvl 1-5 but for you to be able to do it, you need a char that needs a baal q and aprty with him then do the same thing with nm & hell. The fastes way to level would be going to a Uber Trist(you an Organ set for this to open the red portal in act 5) or as trezzz said go chaosing in hell.
Items that you mentioned above are still available but not bugged (weird stats like in 09) anymore.
Booya

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 01:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thx for the input so far ... what's your stance on baal runs?? good exp??

I'm at lvl 25 now, and just trying to lvl to 45-50ish before moving onto nightmare ... surprised that trist runs actually give so much exp!!

also, im following a build guild for hammerdin, but what these guilds don't tell you is how hard it is to actually aim those hammers!! is this a technique? any insight on hit targets efficently?? (btw, this is my first time ever playing a paladin, so maybe its just me? lol)

thanks for the input!!
tramway

Group: Admin
Donor:
Gold: 2196.23
Clan: D3JSP

ca.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=Red>Admin</font></b>

Post#6 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 01:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need level 60 for hell baal run. Once you reach that level, you can get from 60-80 in around 1 hour

If your gold is locked, please PM a senior moderator. They will be able to unlock you
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 01:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booya wrote:
ok thx for the input so far ... what's your stance on baal runs?? good exp??

I'm at lvl 25 now, and just trying to lvl to 45-50ish before moving onto nightmare ... surprised that trist runs actually give so much exp!!

also, im following a build guild for hammerdin, but what these guilds don't tell you is how hard it is to actually aim those hammers!! is this a technique? any insight on hit targets efficently?? (btw, this is my first time ever playing a paladin, so maybe its just me? lol)

thanks for the input!!

have hammers on left click. do not change this. wear an enigma. this item is a must-have for a hammerdin. IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD ENIGMA ABORT YOUR CHAR AND MAKE A SORCERESS OR YOU WILL END UP VERY FRUSTRATED. set hotkeys for teleport and concentration next to each other (like maybe f1 and f2). hold down shift. cast teleport (hit the hotkey for teleport and right-click) targeting whatever it is that you want to hit (i.e. your mouse is hovering over the monster). now VERY QUICKLY hit the hotkey for concentration while and hold down left-click untill the monster is dead. repeat.

notes - shift key is held down at all times except while in town; practice teleing immediately followed by swapping to concentration and casting hammers to get good

Booya

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 03:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tramway: im at 40 now, should i move onto nightmare?

treezzzzz: there's no way im going to get an enigma anytime soon, but how about skin of vapermagi or guardian angel?? are these alternatives any good? are they hard to find? lol

also, where is a good place to mf in nightmare mode?

tramway

Donor:

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 04:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah 40s fine to move into nightmare. If you cannot afford nigma, i think it is better to make a sorc instead. Sorcs are cheap and easy to use

If your gold is locked, please PM a senior moderator. They will be able to unlock you
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 04:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booya wrote:
tramway: im at 40 now, should i move onto nightmare?

treezzzzz: there's no way im going to get an enigma anytime soon, but how about skin of vapermagi or guardian angel?? are these alternatives any good? are they hard to find? lol

also, where is a good place to mf in nightmare mode?

it's fine to use whatever you want, but if you wanna save yourself the pain of your char being rediculously hard to hit anything with, then you should just make a sorc. sorcs are good no matter what gear they have on, whereas pallies ARE their gear.

Booya

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i got rushed up to end of diablo in hell by a hardcore gamer and he basically told me to start a blizz sorc cause its the best way to find items through mf , and then through this, i can build my paladin (basically what guys - tram and treezzz - said)

also, i didnt know it was ok to prush to hell then do chaos runs for mass exp ... does this apply if i rush to hell and say im like lvl 7? as a lvl 7, do i still get good exp from doing hell chaos runs?

thanks

edit: anyone willing to prush my sorc plz?? smile

Last edited by Booya on 10 Jul 2007 05:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#12 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booya wrote:
so i got rushed up to end of diablo in hell by a hardcore gamer and he basically told me to start a blizz sorc cause its the best way to find items through mf , and then through this, i can build my paladin (basically what guys - tram and treezzz - said)

also, i didnt know it was ok to prush to hell then do chaos runs for mass exp ... does this apply if i rush to hell and say im like lvl 7? as a lvl 7, do i still get good exp from doing hell chaos runs?

thanks

edit: anyone willing to prush my sorc plz?? smile

which realm do you play? do you play softcore or hardcore? do you play ladder or nonladder?

Booya

Warn:

Post#13 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz: im on useast, non-hardcore, ladder .. i figured this is what the majority play?
tramway

Donor:

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#14 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play useast non ladder though

treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#15 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booya wrote:
treezzzzz: im on useast, non-hardcore, ladder .. i figured this is what the majority play?

ladder season isnt ready for playing yet by my tastes. not enough high level chars doing runs and not enough items to go around. i usually join the new ladder season at like 3-5 months into it lol (sometimes more even)

Last edited by treezzzzz on 10 Jul 2007 05:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Booya

Warn:

Post#16 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do most play non-ladder?? i thought since the reset, everyone would be going ladder .... the reason i picked ladder was cause i heard non-ladder and ladder can't exchange items or join the same games (true?) .. and thus, figured most ppl would start new characters on ladder (meaning non-ladder characters becomes less useful and important?)
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#17 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booya wrote:
do most play non-ladder?? i thought since the reset, everyone would be going ladder .... the reason i picked ladder was cause i heard non-ladder and ladder can't exchange items or join the same games (true?) .. and thus, figured most ppl would start new characters on ladder (meaning non-ladder characters becomes less useful and important?)

well it's mainly a matter of tastes. i myself am playing nonladder right now. i like to wait for the ladder economy to settle down before i jump in. some people like to get in a sort of "fresh start" so they go on ladder immediately

Booya

Warn:

Post#18 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz wrote:
Booya wrote:

ladder season isnt ready for playing yet by my tastes. not enough high level chars doing runs and not enough items to go around. i usually join the new ladder season at like 3-5 months into it lol (sometimes more even)

just wondering, isnt it better to start as early as you can on ladder though? this way you can mf 24/7 and find as many good uniques as you can and trade, etc.?

edit: just saw your above post

so what do you recommend for someone like me? should i do nonladder?

Last edited by Booya on 10 Jul 2007 05:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#19 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booya wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:
Booya wrote:

just wondering, isnt it better to start as early as you can on ladder though? this way you can mf 24/7 and find as many good uniques as you can and trade, etc.?

since you dont have any gear from the last ladder season that you would "lose" by moving to ladder right now, it's prolly good to go ahead and play on ladder right now. just make an mf sorc and do meph or andy runs and get rich so you can make a godly hammerdin and do pretty much everything.
gl leveling your sorc btw ^^

Booya

Warn:

Post#20 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 05:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz wrote:
Booya wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:
Booya wrote:

since you dont have any gear from the last ladder season that you would "lose" by moving to ladder right now, it's prolly good to go ahead and play on ladder right now. just make an mf sorc and do meph or andy runs and get rich so you can make a godly hammerdin and do pretty much everything.
gl leveling your sorc btw ^^

ok sounds good!! ill do what i can ... the hardest part is getting the prush itself!! like once i hit lvl 80 or so with sorc, i would constantly do mf runs with whatever mf percentage i have ...

treezzzzz and tram, would you guys happen to know anyone on the new ladder thats willing to do the rush? THEY CAN HAVE MY FORGE .. LOL

Last edited by Booya on 10 Jul 2007 05:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: