Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

The Glass Cannon
1, 2  Next

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Phreke

Group: Members
Gold: 28.32

us.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: The Glass Cannon Reply with quote

Table of Contents

1. Introduction
2. Attribute Distribution
3. Skill Distribution
4. Equipment (with substitutions)
5. Dueling Strategies
6. Final Notes

1. Introduction:

Glass Cannon. The very name of it sounds cool. This is your ultimate guide to a PvP bowazon that maximizes in damage, faster hit recovery, and speed. Usually these will decimate most any class if used right.

2. Attribute Distribution:

This strays from normal distribution of skills. It gives you max damage, but leaves you with minimal health. This is for the sheer fact that you will be dodging over half of what is thrown at you.

Strength: What is needed to wear equipment
Dexterity: EVERYTHING else. 1 point in dexterity= 1% Enhanced Damage
Vitality: NOTHING!
Energy: NOTHING!

Some people say "oh put 50 points or so in vitality." No. Do not do this. This will change nothing minus the fact that you will be doing 50% less damage. Pump dex.

3. Skill Distribution:

These are my choice of skills. I personally put one in valk because she acts as a target for targeted attacks.

Guided Arrow (main attack)- 20
Multi-Arrow (secondary attack)- 2*
Strafe (sometimes useful against some melees)- 1
Critical Strike (double damage)- 20
Dodge- 20
Evade- 20
Avoid- Rest**
Valkyrie- 1
Pre reqs- 1

4. Equipment:

Weapon: Faith Grand Matron Bow- fanaticism, high speed, damage, attack rating bonus, skills. Best bow choice. Some say go with an 08 windforce, which does boost your damage, but it also lowers your attack rating by A LOT. While guided arrow does not use attack rating, Multi-Arrow does. I say stick with Faith. A cheap replacement would be a contemporary windforce or a fools bow.

Armor: Fortitude Archon Plate with a nice life-per-level. This armor gives great damage, high defense, resists, and life. Best choice. When using a Faith Grand Matron Bow, you will STILL hit the IAS breakpoint. A 160/60 is NOT better when using a faith, as fanaticism gives you IAS. Only use a 160/60 Lifer plate if you decide to use an 08 windforce (not recommended)

Amulet: Cats Eye. Gives dex, run/walk speed, and ias. you don't need much else.

Rings: 20dex raven frost rings with attack rating. Can't really give a substitute for these.

Gloves: Passive and Magic Gale Grasps. These give +2 to passive and magic skills, ias, and KNOCKBACK! Knockback is your best friend on this amazon. Go with these! An alternative would be 20ias, knockback, +dex gloves. Personally, I would still stay with gales. A cheap alternative would be ANY glove with knockback. You can make yourself a pair for less then 1mil game gold.

Boots: War traveler boots. This give nice stats, faster run walk, and a +300 damage boost. Best boots for the job and cheap.

Helm: 120/45 circlet with either life or faster run/walk or dexterity. I have a life helm myself and love it. Any life you can possibly get, USE it! A cheap substitute is a Vamp gaze

Belt: Nosferatu's Coil. Very cheap. Gives IAS, strength, and slows target. Again, no real substitute.

Charms: 20 stat torch and anni (obviously). I prefer to have 3 passive and magic gcs. One of these is 12% fhr, the other two are lifers. As for small charms, this is where you can choose:
Half damage, half poison; or all damage. I have half damage, half poison right now, but I will soon change to all damage probably. If you went with the three gc setup, get enough 3/20/5(fhr)'s to hit 86%. The rest I would recommend either being 290/451 poison small charms, or, preferably, 3/20/2(dex) charms.

Switch: On your switch you will want a pair of titans (doesnt matter about the quality, you want them for the faster run walk) and either a sanctuary shield or a stormshield monarch with a hel rune. This will give you nice block, damage reduction, and the speed to get away from people.

You may notice that I do not list a CTA in this. This is because I do not use a CTA. While helpful, I do not like unnecessary switching. I could either give myself a few hundred more life, or be lazy and just duel. It is up to you. But keep in mind, in many duels, prebuffing (which IS what you will be doing) is considered bad manners.

5. Dueling Strategies:

General Advice: While dueling, remember, you have two sets. You have your "attack" set (your main weapon and arrows), and then your "run" set (your titans and shield). Get used to swapping between these two. Usually on my "run" setup, I have a valk already on one of my selected skills. This is just for convenience. Usually Multi-Arrow is used for spamming people and to generally hit them (to start the fhr action for them), while guided is used for farther dueling and to finish them off once they are incapacitated. If they are off your screen, shoot guided arrows in their direction. If they are on it, spam multi. Once they get too close, run. Very simple.

Vs Any Melee: Keep your distance from them. When they are closing in, swap to your "run" set and run away. Sometimes pause to swap back do your "attack" setup and use multi-arrow to hit them. When they are slightly off screen, use guided arrow. When they get close, mutli. When they are too close, run.

Vs Hammerdins, Sorceresses, Fohers, Trapsins: Keep them off screen and spam guided. Generally follow the "multi and run" strategy. Also, a REALLY fun thing to do (if you have poison damage) is to fight es sorcs. The poison destroys them because it penetrates energy shield.

Vs Casting druids/Necromancers: Use multi to destroy their summons. Once they are done (one or two shots is usually sufficient), spam guided and destroy them.

Vs Smiters: This is your kryptonite. Charge, from which they cannot be knocked back. Super high defense. Max block. This is what proves your build. Depending on how they fight, you should usually actually use STRAFE to hit them. Tons of arrows all at once, one of them is bound to get through. After that, spam 3 or 4 guideds, then RUN LIKE HELL. Use anything to your advantage. Run around potholes, trees, corners, houses, ANYTHING. If the smiter is competent at all, you will most likely die in these duels.

Vs Fc Zons: Full absorb, stack resistances, full juvs. I hate these people. Bm them to hell, then don't let them get their bodies.

Vs Bowazon: The most pointless duel ever... Spam multi. Thats it. Guided is nearly pointless in this because of the fact that one or two of any arrow can kill a bowzon. Sometimes alternate between multi and guided arrow.

6. Final Notes:

Remember, this is a GUIDE. These are my ideas and are solely my ideas. Even the flaws in this guide (because there probably are some) are mine. This is meant for you to build off of. If you want to completely copy this guide, I will be flattered, but just don't try to pass this guide off as your own. Any comments will be helpful and graciously received, as long as they are not insulting or likewise.

*A note on Multi-Arrow: I prefer two points because it gives me a wide range of arrows. Some say three points, some say only one. It is really up to you.

**A note on Avoid: I prefer to max this last because it already beats out your other two "dodge" skills in percent.

Group: Scammer
Gold: Locked
Clan: Transformers

us.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#2 Posted: 08 Jul 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice guide. added to Diablo 2 - Amazon Guides here: http://www.d3jsp.org/viewtopic.php?t=1966

Join Clan Transformers Today!! (links below)
Clan Forums Recruitment Thread
Punture

Gold: 4.31
Clan: D3JSP

us.gif

Warn:

Post#3 Posted: 30 Aug 2007 05:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that is actually pretty cool gj man. briggrin

PM me for Computer & Bot support
magikod

Gold: 72.20
Clan: Truth

us.gif

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 19 Oct 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good build

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kerm

us.gif

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 12 Jan 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice guide.
10/10.

ManBearPig

Group: Banned

ca.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#6 Posted: 18 Jul 2008 07:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SICK GUIDE TY
nightmare100

Gold: 6.00

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 07 Aug 2008 09:48 pm    Post subject: glass cannon? high dmg but is it worth it? Reply with quote

i think that the glass cannon is a great bowazon, but only if you happen to have knockback. without knockback your health is extremely low and limited so even with maxed dodge evade etc u get 1hitted. Thats why my glass cannon uses knockback gloves. So nice guide
Raph

Gold: 3.50
Clan: HoD II

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 07 Aug 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely organized, easy to read, nice guide bro i might give it a try smile
ss_mendel

Gold: 89.50

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 26 Sep 2008 01:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, although I just found rare that beats raven:P
Maddi

Clan: Playgirl

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 26 Sep 2008 03:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ss_mendel wrote:

Depends what your goal is. 250 attack rating with 20 dex is better then anything on a ring for ar, and 20 dex helps the damage a whole lot.

Quote:
Vs Smiters: This is your kryptonite. Charge, from which they cannot be knocked back. Super high defense. Max block. This is what proves your build. Depending on how they fight, you should usually actually use STRAFE to hit them. Tons of arrows all at once, one of them is bound to get through. After that, spam 3 or 4 guideds, then RUN LIKE HELL. Use anything to your advantage. Run around potholes, trees, corners, houses, ANYTHING. If the smiter is competent at all, you will most likely die in these duels.

When charging, a paladin has 0% block. Just so you know. Spam multi while they desynch, then if you're smart enough, switch to shield and run when their desynch is close. If you spammed multi correctly they will die no matter what on their way towards you as a glass cannon.

You need to be able to time their charges, they will go close to you, far from you, close to you, etc. You need to stop and throw a javalin the instant after they are close to you, and moving back for their next charge. They will charge again and run right into your javalin. Do this a few times and you win.

Quote:
Dodge- 20
Evade- 20
Avoid- Rest**
Valkyrie- 1
Pre reqs- 1

Enough in multi shot to get 23 arrow multi.
1 in pierce, definitely 1 in penetrate.

Maxing dodge/avoid/evade is a bad idea. Points eventually aren't worth the skill point. I usually go around 17-18 or so. Then put the rest into penetrate.
Pierce is useful against anything at all with a minion. Pierce works against monsters.
ss_mendel

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 27 Sep 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddi wrote:
ss_mendel wrote:

Depends what your goal is. 250 attack rating with 20 dex is better then anything on a ring for ar, and 20 dex helps the damage a whole lot.

Quote:

When charging, a paladin has 0% block. Just so you know. Spam multi while they desynch, then if you're smart enough, switch to shield and run when their desynch is close. If you spammed multi correctly they will die no matter what on their way towards you as a glass cannon.

You need to be able to time their charges, they will go close to you, far from you, close to you, etc. You need to stop and throw a javalin the instant after they are close to you, and moving back for their next charge. They will charge again and run right into your javalin. Do this a few times and you win.

Quote:
Dodge- 20
Evade- 20
Avoid- Rest**
Valkyrie- 1
Pre reqs- 1

Enough in multi shot to get 23 arrow multi.
1 in pierce, definitely 1 in penetrate.

Maxing dodge/avoid/evade is a bad idea. Points eventually aren't worth the skill point. I usually go around 17-18 or so. Then put the rest into penetrate.
Pierce is useful against anything at all with a minion. Pierce works against monsters.

my ring has dex and +max dmg lol

oh and yeah, you guys should listen to maddi, remember you cant get more than 24 arrows per multi!

Oh, and btw, glass cannon bowas suck on bnet... im fed up of getting raped by noob tmc hhammerdins mad

Maddi

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#12 Posted: 28 Sep 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ss_mendel wrote:

oh and yeah, you guys should listen to maddi, remember you cant get more than 24 arrows per multi!

Oh, and btw, glass cannon bowas suck on bnet... im fed up of getting raped by noob tmc hhammerdins mad

That's why you go to 23 arrows, in case someone gives you bo/bc.

And by the way, a bowzon shouldn't even get hit from a hammerdin. Only if they have a merc should they be able to kill you. If you're having problems you need more frw.
ss_mendel

Warn:

Post#13 Posted: 01 Oct 2008 09:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddi wrote:

And by the way, a bowzon shouldn't even get hit from a hammerdin. Only if they have a merc should they be able to kill you. If you're having problems you need more frw.

I just wish it was that easy. Stupid people on bnet use tmc and AA, so its like instant kill. Only way to counter is to bring AA blizz sorc, which they counter with sorb...

Oh, and one more thing, whats a good frw to have? My bowa (with bow, not titans) has 105 frw atm, just wondering if thats fast enough lol
Brannigan
Law and Love

Donor:
Gold: 64.14

gm.gif

Warn:

Post#14 Posted: 02 Oct 2008 03:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice guide smile

i like it.

but its hard to play with this amazone.

i u don´t dodge u´ll be dead.. (smite / ww)

i prefer the vita build
Maddi

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#15 Posted: 02 Oct 2008 02:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ss_mendel wrote:
Maddi wrote:

I just wish it was that easy. Stupid people on bnet use tmc and AA, so its like instant kill. Only way to counter is to bring AA blizz sorc, which they counter with sorb...

Oh, and one more thing, whats a good frw to have? My bowa (with bow, not titans) has 105 frw atm, just wondering if thats fast enough lol

It's not instant kill. You just need to know when to stop running and shoot. Most bowzons just move,shoot,move,shoot,move,shoot without any regard to the attacker. That's stupid. If they teleport while you are moving, then you'll be stopped when they get on top of you, you'll die.

Good frw...

titans/cats eye/travs/30 circlet is 115.
It's good to have around 150 (charms).

By the way you always want max or close to max cold resist on a bowzon, or a druid's hurricane will tear you apart. Light resist is good too for thunder storm.

Fire doesn't matter really. Fireball does tons of damage as it is. If you're a glass cannon you'll die in 1 hit anyway, and you shouldn't be getting hit with a high frw and desynch. And you'll lose to an auradin no matter what. (Your greatest enemy)
bud_690

Gold: 2.00

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#16 Posted: 03 Oct 2008 09:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing i dont understand, is why no life?
can someone enlighten me on this?

I Can Help With Everything. Whisper Me In Game, Or Pm Me. /w *lord_cullen
Maddi

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#17 Posted: 03 Oct 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bud_690 wrote:

It's a build based on not taking hits at all.

Tons of frw so nobody can keep up and plenty of dodge/avoid/evade.
All that life is put into damage so you eliminate your opponent faster.
Criminality

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#18 Posted: 06 Oct 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddi wrote:
bud_690 wrote:

not bad

Delimeat is a scammer, beware.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maddi

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#19 Posted: 06 Oct 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criminality wrote:
Maddi wrote:
bud_690 wrote:

not bad

Unfortunate that's why it isn't so good against things like auras.
Choi

Gold: 5.50

ks.gif

Warn:

Post#20 Posted: 08 Oct 2008 05:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ss_mendel wrote:

I'd say one Raven and a nice rare ring. Sometimes I'll have 2 Ravens. But rings are so small, you can just keep a couple in the stash and switch it up.
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: