Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

The Barbarian vs. Caster
1, 2  Next

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Phreke

Group: Members
Gold: 28.32

us.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 01:45 pm    Post subject: The Barbarian vs. Caster This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Table of Contents

1. Introduction
2. Attribute Distribution
3. Skill Distribution
4. Equipment (with substitutions)
5. Swapping Your Barbarian
6. Dueling Strategies
7. Final Notes

1. Introduction:

So you want to make a Barbarian with all the benefits of enhanced life and damage, but you keep getting killed by those pesty casters. Well, thank whoever, but this guide is here to remedy it! It will take you through the makings of a Barbarian who specializes in killing casters (henceforth, this Barbarian will be known as the BvC). In this guide, you will be taken through stat point and skill point distribution, as well as recommended equipment from me. Finally, it will show you how you can easily convert your BvC to a BvB (or Barbarian vs. Barbarian).

2. Attribute Distribution:

This is the easy part! If you've made any other vitality build, this is no different.

Strength: As much as needed to wear equipment
Dexterity: As much as needed to wear equipment*
Vitality: Everything else
Energy: None

With this build, you shouldn't need to put up much of anything to wear equipment, since a lot of the items GIVE strength/dexterity.

3. Skill Distribution:

This is the skill set I use on my BvC. But as this is only a guide, do what you will.

Whirlwind (your main skill)- 20 points
Axe Mastery (damage)**- 20 points
Battle Orders (life)- 20 points
Shout (defense)- 20 points
Beserk (substitute for whirlwind)- 1 point
Battle Command (increased skills)- 1 point
Increased Stamina (pre requisite)- 1 point
Increased Speed (for chasing people down, not teleing)- 1 point
Iron Skin (defense)- 1 point
Natural Resistance (for elemental attacks)- 1-5 points, pending on what you need (if any)
Leap (stuns)- Everything else

Of course, you will put points into all pre-requisite skills. You will easily get your main skills and put a few crucial points into leap by level 90 (with all skill quests).

4. Equipment:

This is my recommended equipment that you should wear to maximize damage. A few substitutes will be included.

Helm (Choice 1): 2barb/visionary/3bo/life/2os helm. This is nearly impossible to find on the realms, but is in fact the best. Socket this with x2 Ber runes or x2 40/15s. If you can get your hands on one of these babies, go for it!

Helm (Choice 2): 10fhr/visionary/life/2os helm. Much more common than choice 1, but again, hard to find the perfect match.

Helm (Choice 3): Arreats, plain and simple. Socketed with a Ber rune or a 40/15

Armor: There is only one choice of armor: Enigma. This is the main part that makes your Barbarian a BvC. This armor gives nice attributes and the crucial ability to teleport. The type of armor is up to you.

Weapon One: Grief Zerker. Though it doesn't display good damage, it deals a shitload.

Weapon Two: Beast runeword made in a beserker axe. This gives good stats, open wounds, and a fanaticism aura, which boosts IAS and Damage. Open wounds will destroy energy shield sorceresses because they have low health and it penetrates their energy shield.

Belt (Choice 1): Verdungo's. Gives life, DR, and Vita. Best choice.

Belt (Choice 2): Arachnids (if you need the FCR). Provides a skill, mana, and the FCR.

Gloves (Choice 1): 20ias/str/dex/KB gloves. The stats help with gear, the IAS helps with WW attacks, and KB is crazy effective.

Gloves (Choice 2): 20ias/stat gloves. More common than the KB counterpart, and cheaper

Gloves (Choice 3): Dracula's Grasp, though I do NOT recommend these.

Boots (Choice 1): BBrogues or similar tri-res boots with stats.

Boots (Choice 2): Gore riders for the DS/CB/OW

Boots (Choice 3): Treks/Waterwalks

On switch: HotO and a 3bo CTA.

Inventory (Required): 20 stat torch/anni. Self explanitory.

Inventory (Choice 1): x25 36ar/20life SC's (for massive AR), x2 5res/5fhr SC's (to help with FHR), x9 20/5 SC's (to help with resists), and x1 451 (for VSing something with ES. Otherwise, go with another 20/5)

Inventory (Choice 2): x37 3/20/20 SC's. Classic, effective choice. Gives more damage than choice 1, but you suffer in other areas.

Inventory (Choice 3): x37 36/20 SC's. Crazy massive AR, but you suffer a loss of max damage given by 3/20/20's.

Jewelry (Required): 10fcr/AR/life ring. You need the 10% fcr to hit an acceptable casting speed, and the other mods just help your barb in general.

Jewelry (Choice 1): Angelic Ring and Amulet, if you need AR.

Jewelry (Choice 2): Ravenfrost + Highlords.

5. Swapping Your Barb:

This is the beauty of this class: it can easily be swapped with some choice equipment to make a perfect barbarian vs. barbarian! I will only list some choices for this, being as swapping is optional to the class and shouldn't be done without certain equipment.

Helm: Leave as is or use a Crown of Ages (I leave as is)
Armor: Swap to Fortitude. More damage and defense.
Weapons*: What I recommend is take off the beast and put on a Stormshield Monarch with a "ber" rune. This will give optimal defense with a nice amount of damage reduction.
Boots: Same
Gloves: Same
Jewelry: Same
Belt: Swtich to Dungos if you're not using it already.

[color=indigo]6. Dueling Strategies:

I do not pretend to be an expert at dueling. I am an average dueler at best, but these are the strategies that I find work in most duels.

General Advice: When whirlwinding, never try to namelock someone. Always pick a spot after them and whirwind through them. Also, try, if possible, to hit the outermost EDGE of them. Imagine a triangle with a circle in the middle, but the circle overlaps the edges of the traingle. This is how you want to whirlwind. Also, my guide is written for MINIMAL equipment change. This keeps the guide extremely GM. I never advocate the use of things like "hotspurs" or "wisp rings" or "tgods" (unless you actually use the equipment for dueling on a regular basis).

Vs Sorceress/Necros: Pretty much teleport right on them and whirlwind them. I find that it helps to put on your mini map and pick a spot that is a straight line towards them, but "overshoot" a bit. This ensures you get NEAR them so you can whirlwind THROUGH them. Try to avoid the necro's clay golem/summons.

Vs Melee Pallys/Melee Druids (zealots, any others that are NOT smiters): There are two type of melee pallys. The "shift dueler" and the "i'm going to chase you to all hell and hope to kill you." The latter should be taken down very easily with general strategy. For the latter, you will want to use leap to knock them back, then immediately teleport onto them to hit them. Then you will use either teleport or run (hence why you put one into increase speed ;]). They will chase you, repeat. This kills them pretty easily. For the former, they are a much harder dueler. By standing still, they eliminate themselves getting hit as much by the whirlwind. So you want to find the spot where they cannot hit you, teleport right there after you do a short leap (to stun them hopefully), barely glance their flank, then RUN LIKE HELL (especially if you are using enigma and dual axes still). Usually this spot is top right of their aura (if they are facing you. So their characters bottom-left).

Vs Smiters: Oh how I hate them. Constant max block, usually at least SOME damage reduction, and high defenses. Not to mention they usually eat through you if they are used right. You want to do what you did for shift duelers, only much more carefully. Put on any open wound material you may have, because this is going to be a long duel. This is where a stormshield may come in handy instead of your beastz.

Vs Bowazons: Teleport right onto them, avoid their arrows, and cut out their range. Any hit recovery you have would help you here. Usually you hit them enough with a whirlwind or two that they stop dodging and just die.

Vs Fc Zons: Same as bowazons.

Vs Cs Zons: Hope you have high resists and life. If they switch equipment at all, try to get them while they're doing it. You'll want to leap to knock them back, but be warned, they can dodge it. So as soon as you leap and set them into hit recovering, do a very short whirlwind at their backside and then run a bit to start over. You should be able to tank/avoid their lightning bolts if they throw them at you.

Vs Other Barbs: Put on stormshield (this is HIGHLY recommended. More damage reduction is great.) Stand back from them and wait for them to start their whirlwind action. Once it starts to seem like its going to end, teleport right next to them and start your own. Always remember to whirlwind through them, but for barbs, whirlwind yourself AWAY from them. This ensures you will be out of range of their next whirlwind. To double check yourself, tele a bit away from them. Repeat

Vs Elemental Druids: Try to get them as SOON as they teleport. This means ALL of their summons are over them. You may think "wow, thats a great idea. destroy all of their meat shields, but dont harm them!". But here is my reasoning: if you eat through the oak sage, then they have very low life coupled with low defenses. 99% of the time, it takes only a fraction of your whirlwind to eat through the oaksage and completely destroy them. Try, as always, to hit them from the rear so you dont get pelted with those nasty tornados.

Vs Hammerdins: Hammerdins are also one of the hardest classes you will face. Their whole offense spirals around them, forcing you to hit them but also be hit. The best strategy I can recommend is either directly AFTER a charge or teleport, leap to fhr lock them, tele, and do the triangle whirlwind strategy to finish them off. Most people use Widowmaker in this situation, but that would require a gear change, which I hate. You should be able to tank a few hammers though, don't worry.

7. Final Notes:

Remember, this is a GUIDE. These are my ideas and are solely my ideas. Even the flaws in this guide (because there probably are some) are mine. This is meant for you to build off of. If you want to completely copy this guide, I will be flattered, but just don't try to pass this guide off as your own. Any comments will be helpful and graciously received, as long as they are not insulting or likewise.

*A note on dexterity: If you plan on swapping out your weapon(s) for BvB equipment, you should put enough into dexterity to achieve max block with stormshield.

**A note on axe mastery: This is only if you use axes. If you plan on using a different weapon, max the corresponding mastery to your weapon type.

Updated February 9, 2009

Last edited by Phreke on 09 Feb 2009 06:40 pm; edited 8 times in total

PuReAzNpRiDe
Tian Shan

Group: Guild Leader
Gold: 4.41

hk.gif

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#2 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 02:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice guide but for BvC
wouldnt it be better to max iron skin rather than shout cuz it would end up wit more def
maxdef+ xlvl of shout= more def O.o

Phreke

us.gif

Warn:

Post#3 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 03:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuReAzNpRiDe wrote:
very nice guide but for BvC
wouldnt it be better to max iron skin rather than shout cuz it would end up wit more def
maxdef+ xlvl of shout= more def O.o

nope. you'll end up with level roughly 35 iron skin. increasing 10% per level, from my current level (250%), you only hit 370%. with shout, you hit 440%.
treezzzzz

Group: Scammer
Gold: Locked
Clan: Transformers

us.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#4 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 03:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would put a 1 point in berserk. berserk is godly

Join Clan Transformers Today!! (links below)
Clan Forums Recruitment Thread
Phreke

us.gif

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 03:26 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

treezzzzz wrote:

checked my guy and i DO have a point in beserk. thanks. added to guide.
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 03:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreke wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:

lol np ^^
nice guide, thanks for posting.
added to Diablo 2 - Barbarian Guides here: http://www.d3jsp.org/viewtopic.php?t=1968

if you have some tips on dueling strategies for people trying your char and you could post them here too that would be nice, too.

Last edited by treezzzzz on 07 Jul 2007 03:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Phreke

us.gif

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 04:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz wrote:
Phreke wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:

lol np ^^
added to Diablo 2 - Barbarian Guides here: http://www.d3jsp.org/viewtopic.php?t=1968

if you have some tips on dueling strategies for people trying your char and you could post them here too that would be nice, too.

edited with dueling strategies.
PuReAzNpRiDe
Tian Shan

Group: Guild Leader
Gold: 4.41

hk.gif

Warn:

Guild Leader

Post#8 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 04:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wats ur barbs name?

treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 06:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreke wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:
Phreke wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:

lol np ^^

nice guide. no barb vs hammers tho? keke

also hit recovery shouldnt be an issue if you are whirling tho shouldnt it? and also discouraging use of wisps is rather unfeasible as fc zons are rampant and double wisp rings is pretty much a must have if you plan to do any pub game dueling at all

Last edited by treezzzzz on 07 Jul 2007 06:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Phreke

us.gif

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 07 Jul 2007 09:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz wrote:
Phreke wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:
Phreke wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:

lol np ^^

nice guide. no barb vs hammers tho? keke

also hit recovery shouldnt be an issue if you are whirling tho shouldnt it? and also discouraging use of wisps is rather unfeasible as fc zons are rampant and double wisp rings is pretty much a must have if you plan to do any pub game dueling at all

Edited to include hammerdins. Also, if you read what I said about them, I said that I fully support bm tactics against a fc zon being as their whole character is bm. I said full absorb, juvs, whatever.

My barb's name is "CoatHanger" and he is on the USEast Softcore Non-Ladder realm.

Gold: 4.01

us.gif

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 27 Apr 2008 09:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ill give it a try
NiCK

Gold: 5.50
Clan: Zero Tolerance

Warn:

Post#12 Posted: 30 Jun 2008 05:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Barbarian vs. Caster Reply with quote

Phreke wrote:
Table of Contents

1. Introduction
2. Attribute Distribution
3. Skill Distribution
4. Equipment (with substitutions)
5. Swapping Your Barbarian
6. Dueling Strategies
7. Final Notes

1. Introduction:

So you want to make a Barbarian with all the benefits of enhanced life and damage, but you keep getting killed by those pesty casters. Well, thank whoever, but this guide is here to remedy it! It will take you through the makings of a Barbarian who specializes in killing casters (henceforth, this Barbarian will be known as the BvC). In this guide, you will be taken through stat point and skill point distribution, as well as recommended equipment from me. Finally, it will show you how you can easily convert your BvC to a BvB (or Barbarian vs. Barbarian).

2. Attribute Distribution:

This is the easy part! If you've made any other vitality build, this is no different.

Strength: As much as needed to wear equipment
Dexterity: As much as needed to wear equipment*
Vitality: Everything else
Energy: None

With this build, you shouldn't need to put up much of anything to wear equipment, since a lot of the items GIVE strength/dexterity.

3. Skill Distribution:

This is the skill set I use on my BvC. But as this is only a guide, do what you will.

Whirlwind (your main skill)- 20 points
Axe Mastery (damage)**- 20 points
Battle Orders (life)- 20 points
Shout (defense)- 20 points
Beserk (substitute for whirlwind)- 1 point
Battle Command (increased skills)- 1 point
Increased Stamina (pre requisite)- 1 point
Increased Speed (for chasing people down, not teleing)- 1 point
Iron Skin (defense)- 1 point
Natural Resistance (for elemental attacks)- 1-5 points, pending on what you need (if any)
Leap (stuns)- Everything else

Of course, you will put points into all pre-requisite skills. You will easily get your main skills and put a few crucial points into leap by level 90 (with all skill quests).

4. Equipment:

This is my recommended equipment that you should wear to maximize damage. A few substitutes will be included.

Helm: Arreats Face with a 40/attribute or 40/15 in it. A 40/15 is a jewel with 40% enhanced damage and 15% increased attack speed. You could also use a Cham rune to get the "cannot be frozen" bonus, but it is not recommended. If you cannot afford this, go with a Vampire's Gaze or a Barbarian circlet

Armor: There is only one choice of armor: Enigma. This is the main part that makes your Barbarian a BvC. This armor gives nice attributes and the crucial ability to teleport. The type of armor is up to you.

Weapon One: Breath of the Dying made in an ethereal beserker axe. This is your mass damage weapon. You could also use a Grief made in a beserker axe. If you are low on funds, you could use a runemaster ettin axe, a random axe you have found, or the guardian naga naga. I find axes are the best for this class, but you could use a sword if you wanted to.

Weapon Two: Beast runeword made in a beserker axe. This gives good stats, open wounds, and a fanaticism aura. Open wounds will destroy energy shield sorceresses because they have low health and it penetrates their energy shield. A poor mans axe can be substituted for this

Belt: Arachnids mesh. This is nearly a must, because it hits the Barbarians first or second breakpoint, allowing you to teleport effectively. If you absolutely cannot get this, get a Verdungos, String of Ears, a crafted belt, or anything you can find.

Gloves: Steelrend Ogre Gauntlets. Enhanced damage and strength are both on these badboys. Kind of expensive though to get a good pair. If you cannot afford these, get Dracula's Grasp or Bloodfist.

Boots: Upgraded Gore Riders. Faster run/walk, deadly strike, open wounds. Best boots for a melee (in my opinion). You could substitute these for normal Gore Riders, which are easily affordable.

On switch: Two +3 Warcry weapons or two Heart of the Oak runewords. This gives a boost to your Battle Orders and Shout, giving you more life and defense

Inventory: Barbarian Torch (preferably 20 stat) and Annihilus (preferably 20 stat). These are pretty important to the build because of the mass skills, stats, and resistances. As for other charms, preferably you would use 3/20/20's (three max damage/20 attack rating/20 life small charms) or grand charms with damage/attack rating/life. If all else fails, you can use Barbarian Mastery Gcs, which give both damage and attack rating. You can probably get a set of these for a high rune or so. They are very very very cheap.

Jewelry: I left this for last. Depending on your inventory, you have a few choices. If you have a poor mans inventory with mastery gcs, you will want a hybrid choice. Angelics amulet, angelics ring, and a raven frost ring (for the dex, attack rating, and "cannot be frozen"). If you have 3/20/20's, you will want a Bul Kathos Ring, Raven frost ring, and either Fiend Sunder amulet (a dupe with nice stats for barbarian) or highlords wrath amulet. You could swap out the Bul Kathos ring for a Corruption Grip ring, but I don't recommend this.

5. Swapping Your Barb:

This is the beauty of this class: it can easily be swapped with some choice equipment to make a perfect barbarian vs. barbarian! I will only list some choices for this, being as swapping is optional to the class and shouldn't be done without certain equipment.

Helm: Leave as is or use a Crown of Ages (I leave as is)
Armor: Swap to Fortitude. More damage and defense.
Weapons*: What I recommend is take off the beast and put on a Stormshield Monarch with a "ber" rune. This will give optimal defense with a nice amount of damage reduction. Some say to swap out the ebotdz to a grief, but I have not tried this, so therefor I cannot recommend it.
Boots: Same
Gloves: Same
Jewelry: Same
Belt: Swap to a verdungos belt for vitality and hit recovery

As you can see, you swap only a weapon or two and your armor and you're perfectly set up for a BvB duel! You may need to swap around some charms for more hit recovery, but you should be fine if you have 3/20/20's.

6. Dueling Strategies:

I do not pretend to be an expert at dueling. I am an average dueler at best, but these are the strategies that I find work in most duels.

General Advice: When whirlwinding, never try to namelock someone. Always pick a spot after them and whirwind through them. Also, try, if possible, to hit the outermost EDGE of them. Imagine a triangle with a circle in the middle, but the circle overlaps the edges of the traingle. This is how you want to whirlwind. Also, my guide is written for MINIMAL equipment change. This keeps the guide extremely GM. I never advocate the use of things like "hotspurs" or "wisp rings" or "tgods" (unless you actually use the equipment for dueling on a regular basis).

Vs Sorceress/Necros: Pretty much teleport right on them and whirlwind them. I find that it helps to put on your mini map and pick a spot that is a straight line towards them, but "overshoot" a bit. This ensures you get NEAR them so you can whirlwind THROUGH them. Try to avoid the necro's clay golem/summons.

Vs Melee Pallys/Melee Druids (zealots, any others that are NOT smiters): There are two type of melee pallys. The "shift dueler" and the "i'm going to chase you to all hell and hope to kill you." The latter should be taken down very easily with general strategy. For the latter, you will want to use leap to knock them back, then immediately teleport onto them to hit them. Then you will use either teleport or run (hence why you put one into increase speed ;]). They will chase you, repeat. This kills them pretty easily. For the former, they are a much harder dueler. By standing still, they eliminate themselves getting hit as much by the whirlwind. So you want to find the spot where they cannot hit you, teleport right there after you do a short leap (to stun them hopefully), barely glance their flank, then RUN LIKE HELL (especially if you are using enigma and dual axes still). Usually this spot is top right of their aura (if they are facing you. So their characters bottom-left).

Vs Smiters: Oh how I hate them. Constant max block, usually at least SOME damage reduction, and high defenses. Not to mention they usually eat through you if they are used right. You want to do what you did for shift duelers, only much more carefully. Put on any open wound material you may have, because this is going to be a long duel. This is where a stormshield may come in handy instead of your beastz.

Vs Bowazons: Teleport right onto them, avoid their arrows, and cut out their range. Any hit recovery you have would help you here. Usually you hit them enough with a whirlwind or two that they stop dodging and just die.

Vs Fc Zons: Same as bowazons, only if they're farcasting, put on any absorb equipment you have, use juvs, whatever. I hate these people. They're already cheating, so if they accuse you of bm, tell them to eat a dick and nk their ass a few times until they go away.

Vs Cs Zons: Hope you have high resists and life. If they switch equipment at all, try to get them while they're doing it. You'll want to leap to knock them back, but be warned, they can dodge it. So as soon as you leap and set them into hit recovering, do a very short whirlwind at their backside and then run a bit to start over. You should be able to tank/avoid their lightning bolts if they throw them at you.

Vs Other Barbs: Put on stormshield (this is HIGHLY recommended. More damage reduction is great.) Stand back from them and wait for them to start their whirlwind action. Once it starts to seem like its going to end, teleport right next to them and start your own. Always remember to whirlwind through them, but for barbs, whirlwind yourself AWAY from them. This ensures you will be out of range of their next whirlwind. To double check yourself, tele a bit away from them. Repeat

Vs Elemental Druids: Try to get them as SOON as they teleport. This means ALL of their summons are over them. You may think "wow, thats a great idea. destroy all of their meat shields, but dont harm them!". But here is my reasoning: if you eat through the oak sage, then they have very low life coupled with low defenses. 99% of the time, it takes only a fraction of your whirlwind to eat through the oaksage and completely destroy them. Try, as always, to hit them from the rear so you dont get pelted with those nasty tornados.

Vs Hammerdins: Hammerdins are also one of the hardest classes you will face. Their whole offense spirals around them, forcing you to hit them but also be hit. The best strategy I can recommend is either directly AFTER a charge or teleport, leap to fhr lock them, tele, and do the triangle whirlwind strategy to finish them off. You should be able to tank a few hammers though, don't worry.

Again, the only time I advocate using BM tactics is when you are being bmed (fc zons as an example). Stormshield I view as GM to most degrees, because it can be used against a variety of people and for its own stats independently. However, there are few times where it is really NECESSARY. For smiters and other barbs, it is usually necessary to ASSURE you the win. But you CAN win without one.

7. Final Notes:

Remember, this is a GUIDE. These are my ideas and are solely my ideas. Even the flaws in this guide (because there probably are some) are mine. This is meant for you to build off of. If you want to completely copy this guide, I will be flattered, but just don't try to pass this guide off as your own. Any comments will be helpful and graciously received, as long as they are not insulting or likewise.

*A note on dexterity: If you plan on swapping out your weapon(s) for BvB equipment, you should put enough into dexterity to achieve max block with stormshield.

**A note on axe mastery: This is only if you use axes. If you plan on using a different weapon, max the corresponding mastery to your weapon type.

will be using this thanks
ManBearPig

Group: Banned

ca.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#13 Posted: 18 Jul 2008 07:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guide but i cant seem to kill a hammerdin with thise barb sad
Maintenceman

Gold: 1875.70

us.gif

Warn:

Post#14 Posted: 25 Aug 2008 05:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManBearPig wrote:
Nice guide but i cant seem to kill a hammerdin with thise barb sad

hdins are near impossible, the best way ive seen with my baba is to have them tele/desyn at you(make them chase alil) and just sit there leaping on yourself. the first time u see them getting knocked back from the leap u tele and ww them 1 or 2 times.

try and ww them in the bottom left corner of their char. the second that he gets a hammer or two in the air tele about 1 or 2 screens away and start to tele stomp again.

repeat this as needed and most hdins will keep falling for it. as soon as they are hit enough and are low life namelock/chase them down and finish them off. takes some time to get this tactic down but works great.

also if it is a gg hdin that teles on u repeatedly and very fast, just do a constant ww to the bottom right corner of the screen. u should be able to hit them with 2-3 hits per time they tele on u(not counting in 75%ctb or ur ar/their def) so if u have gg charms it will kill them quite fast.)

o and man go ahead and use this section if u would like in the hdin section.

Stop_Crying, my old PnB nec, now named LoS

LoS LoGD
LoS (#61) prom server#2
LoS_LoS (#187) prom server #1
magikod

Gold: 72.20
Clan: Truth

us.gif

Warn:

Post#15 Posted: 26 Aug 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guide.

I can always help teach the basic's of BvC. I had one for a while.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
8BaLL
Corner Pocket

Donor:
Gold: 0.30

us.gif

Warn:

Post#16 Posted: 30 Aug 2008 01:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im too much of a noob to do this kind of stuff i dont really like dueling

but it looks like a great guide
ss_mendel

Gold: 89.50
Clan: D3JSP

Warn:

Post#17 Posted: 26 Sep 2008 01:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember, 2x doom and 40 fcr against bm zons!
Maddi

Clan: Playgirl

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#18 Posted: 26 Sep 2008 01:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good guide
Didn't state rings/amulet though

Should state whether this build is for..
2x angelic ring and amulet

or

highlords and 2x raven

or something alternate

Personally I love grief over botd. Mostly because it pierces energy shield.
Parasola

Group: Banned

no.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#19 Posted: 17 Dec 2008 09:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grief > ebotdz

trang/drcs > ogre gauntlets

you forgot about widow

with widow hdins are way easier to kill

Shziwt

Gold: 0.00

pl.gif

Warn:

Post#20 Posted: 16 Jan 2009 01:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice 8/10

I got the poison.
I got the remedy.
I got the pulsating rhythmical remedy.
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: