Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Level 12 Zealer Guide

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Rap

Group: Banned
Gold: 21.00

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#1 Posted: 13 Apr 2009 03:23 am    Post subject: Level 12 Zealer Guide Reply with quote

The lvl12 dueling zealot is a build that can easily win every duel against similar level opponents and even win most duels against the higher levels!
He uses a combination of his lower level auras, zeal and max dmg jewels to reach obtain very nice dmg. This build has extremely high possibilites, due to the paladin being one of the few dominant characters in low level dueling.
It is fairly easy to make and requires no real leveling to reach it's goal.

We will be using +9-14 max dmg jewels (lvl 9 requirement)
+3-15 life large charms (lvl9)
12% faster hit recovery grand charms (lvl9)

Before beginning the build you should ideally have some of these already. Look for the charms and jewels in norm/nm cow level. They may be hard to come by in trades, due to many people simply selling them if they find them as they're of no real use to higher lvl chars.

you will need a grush.

Once this is complete u will need to complete each of the following quests on all of the difficulties:

Den of Evil- totals 3 skill points
Radament's Lair- totals 3 skill points
Izual- totals 6 skill points
Golden bird quest- totals 60 more life
Lam Essen's Tome- totals 15 more stat points

1. Skills

Now at lvl12 with a full glitch rush and each of the skill quests mentioned, you should have 24 skill points to spend. There are 2 variants to this build - one mainly for melee dueling (zealot) and the other for ranged dueling and charging (chargadin)

The skill placement for this character will vary depending on your style of play. Many skill placements will better others in certain situations- for example whether your opponent is a high lvl or the skill of the opponent is high. A pure charge build is not recommended, due to the strain on your mana supply. You will find yourself running out of mana after 2 or 3 charges, and the swap of life for mana isn't worth it.

I will mention the skills needed but i will not say how many points should go into each (except for zeal), i will instead give recommendations and my own views on each skill:

Might - X points
A prerequisite for Blessed Aim. Also a synergy that feeds your Charge damage, so extra points can be placed here if you wish. Might can also act as your primary aura, and boost your damage; you won't need a point in Blessed Aim if you choose this aura to use.

Blessed Aim - X points
This aura is quite effective in raising your attack rating, for even with the Angelic rings and amulet combination, your Paladin will still have quite low attack rating when compared to higher lvl characters. However, if you feel like you don't need the extra attack rating, or would rather use Might as your active aura, a point into here isn't needed.

Sacrifice - X points
This is the prerequisite to Zeal, and you'll need to put at least one point into it. However, it is also a synergy to your Zeal damage, and any extra points can be fed into here.

Zeal - 1 point
This will be your main attack. Although you will only be able to hit two targets per Zeal, you should be able to attack quick and with high damaging hits.

Smite - X points
A prerequisite for Charge, and an excellent finisher when your opponent is right next to you and is at low life- Smite never misses and cannot be blocked by shields. You can also use a combination of Smite and Zeal in your melee duels to stun your opponent, and Zeal away. If you choose to be pure melee and choose to use Might as your main aura, you don't need to put a point into Smite or Charge.

Charge - X points
An excellent attack when your opponent frequently runs, is a ranged character or spellcaster, or just to finish them off. Charge also offers massive amounts of damage when you boost its synergy, and can kill low-medium life opponents in a hit or two. If you choose to be pure melee and choose to use Might as your main aura, you don't need to put a point here.

2. Stats

Since each wasted stat point can make a difference, make sure you calculate the bonuses given to you from your equip before placing stat points.

Strength - Enough for equipment
Your strength overall shouldn't exceed 60, any points saved due to equipment should be put into vitality.

Dexterity - Enough for equipment and 75% block
The 75% block is especially useful in this build due to the higher lvl chars u will face being able to do high dmg and you need to stop their attack gettin thru to survive. Again, any points saved here due to equipment should be put into vitality.

Vitality - All extra points
Even if you can finally wear all your high strength equipment, what's the point if you die all the time? As many points as you can spare should be placed here to boost your life.

Energy - Base
As a melee dueler, you won't be relying on any heavy mana costing skills, therefore no points are required here. If you find yourself running out of mana, sneak in some mana potions or have jewels with the 'dmg taken goes to mana' as a secondary mod to replenish your mana every time you take a hit.

3. Equipment

Helm - 3 socket mask (with 3 max dmg jewels)
Biggin's Bonnet may be a substitute, but I strongly recommend getting this helm.

Amulet - Angelic Wings (set amulet)
This amulet, along with two Angelic Halo rings, are required for you to get your attack through and actually hit the enemy. When equipped with the rings, you get a +10 dexterity bonus, and tons of attack rating.

Weapon - Two options here,
Option 1) Death's Touch (Set Sword)
If you're poor or can't afford jewels, you can equip your Paladin with the complete Death's set (you'll be using the belt and gloves, too.) This is the lowest costing alternative. However, I would strongly suggest socketing it with a Hel rune to bring down the requirements. Even after using a Hel rune, you will lose lots of stat points that could've been added to vitality.

Option 2) 6-Socket Military Pick / Crystal Sword (with 6 max dmg jewels)
For the more willing player, a 6-socketed weapon filled with maximum damage jewels will provide more damage, up to almost double the first option, at around 700 to 800 damage maximum with Zeal. The difference between these two 6-socket weapons is the fact that the Military Pick, having higher requirements than the Crystal Sword, has a faster base attack speed (-10 as opposed to 0 on the Crystal Sword). It is your choice as to which weapon to use; I'd suggest the Military Pick if your character is designed more for melee, and the Crystal Sword if you're going to be a Chargadin.

Armour - 3-Socket Breast/Light 4-Socket Gothic/Ancient (with max dmg jewels)
If you're poor when it comes to the max dmg jewels, I'd advise using a 3-socket Breast or Light Plate. Fill said armor up with maximum damage jewels. However, if you can afford jewels with both maximum damage AND -15% requirements, you can lower the strength requirement down to something reasonable, and gain an extra socket.

Shield - 4-Socket Heraldic Shield (with 4 maximum damage jewels)
Although shields that are not magically enchanced do not offer faster block rate, Paladins have one of the fastest block rates out of all seven character classes. The shield is the main reason why Paladins are dominant in low level dueling - it offers four extra sockets for maximum damage jewels, increasing your damage by a whole lot. If possible, get a Heraldic Shield with high Enchanced Damage and Attack Rating mods. (These mods come with non-magical Paladin Auric Shields). Damage and attack rating range from nothing to around 60 ED / 120 AR.

Gloves - Death's Hand (Set Leather Gloves)
Along with Death's Guard, you will be offered a 30% increased attack speed mod, which will greatly increase your Zeal speed.
If not using the 1st weapon option, Bloodfists are a good alternative.

Rings - Angelic Halo x 2 (Set ring)
Along with the angelic wing's amulet, these rings give a huge boost to AR, needed to land your hits.

Belt - Death's Guard (Set Sash)
Another extremely helpful piece of equipment, Death's Guard offers the mod "Cannot be Frozen", which is EXTREMELY helpful, and I don't suggest going to duel until you get this item. It also offers 30% increased attack speed when you choose the gloves of this set, which will further help you speed up your killing.

Boots - Hsaru's Iron Heel (Set Chain Boots)
These boots offer a 30% faster run/walk, and are probably the only boots you need, being at such a low level. However, if you can find nice rare boots that have additions to stats along with run/walk, I'd advise you to use them.

Charms - 12% Faster Hit Recovery GC, +15 Life LC
You'll need three 12% Faster Hit Recovery grand charms to hit the closest hit recovery breakpoint with Bloodfists on for a Paladin. After you get these two charms, just fill up the rest of your inventory with life large charms.

Well i realise this is an extremely long guide but there are alot of things needed to be said on equip, due to you being such a low lvl it's imperative you get equip as close to this as possible to increase your chances of staying alive and doing decent dmg.
The main reason for this build is for fun and for dueling, i have had my character kill level 30+ characters in dueling games. They will take you lightly and you should use your low lvl as an advantage, luring them into a false sense of security by making them think they will easily beat you. Follow my guide and hopefully you should have the last laugh
Happy dueling!!!

ss_mendel

Group: Members
Gold: 89.50
Clan: D3JSP

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 22 Apr 2009 01:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice build.

I tried making these a while ago and realized that I needed to sell my barb to make it...

lol...

i managed to get like 6 gcs before i realized you might as well make a smiter, which is 1000 times cheaper lol

anyways, these zealers own, just a pain in the ass to get all legit items for it.
Bo$$

Donor:
Gold: Locked

Warn:

Post#3 Posted: 28 Apr 2009 03:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another good guide by RAP

gz m8
tipper2018

Gold: 42.71
Clan: HoD II

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 06 May 2009 07:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx i love my new build
xZora

Gold: 215.60

us.gif

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 12 Jun 2009 01:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice build

koopatroopa

Gold: 0.50
Clan: B.A.M.F

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 04 Jul 2009 04:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the build. it would be virtually unstoppable if you knew how to use it
Behe
Behe

Group: Banned
Donor:
Gold: 27.50

fi.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#7 Posted: 03 Dec 2009 04:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice copy paste 0/10

romanceisdead

Gold: 210.23

us.gif

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 03 Dec 2009 05:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Behe wrote:
Nice copy paste 0/10

This.

1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: