Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Best PVM class & build?
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

romanceisdead

Group: Members
Gold: 210.23

us.gif

Warn:

Post#21 Posted: 04 Jul 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firewall not viable for taking out bosses?
are you crazy?
it kills most bosses in a matter of seconds. hah.

Gold: Locked

us.gif

Warn:

Post#22 Posted: 19 Jan 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: ww barb Reply with quote

ww barb is a super tank or you can go with the windy druid but its very coastly(very) more than a hammerdin(and not a cheap hammerdin, i mean with 9 pcombs with life)
the_pillo
The Magnificent

Group: Verified Member
Donor:
Gold: 0.00
Clan: Honor

us.gif

Warn:

Post#23 Posted: 19 Jan 2010 08:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HARDCORE:

Summon necro Focusing mainly on skeletons and fire golem (for that wonderful fire sorb)

Equip him with a gull dagger and mf gear. he can stand behind the minions and let them do the work... mf nightmare and low levels in hell untill you have the necessary items to create a better character. Simple summons are your friend if you are just starting hc. You do not need good gear, you dont need good charms, you can be wearing lvl 1 gear and still beat nightmare easily with a summon nec. Your main focus will be on getting a good solid 200 or so mf. the gull makes this very easy. Make sure you get the Might merc in a2 nightmare to boost skell damage.

Happiness is a disease, and smiling is the cough that spreads it - pillo-

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dav

Gold: 1.00

Warn:

Post#24 Posted: 28 Jan 2010 06:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best PVM skill is CE, it totaly rules.. But I guess a hammerdin is the best all-around pvmer.
romanceisdead

us.gif

Warn:

Post#25 Posted: 28 Jan 2010 03:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pillo wrote:
HARDCORE:

Summon necro Focusing mainly on skeletons and fire golem (for that wonderful fire sorb)

Equip him with a gull dagger and mf gear. he can stand behind the minions and let them do the work... mf nightmare and low levels in hell untill you have the necessary items to create a better character. Simple summons are your friend if you are just starting hc. You do not need good gear, you dont need good charms, you can be wearing lvl 1 gear and still beat nightmare easily with a summon nec. Your main focus will be on getting a good solid 200 or so mf. the gull makes this very easy. Make sure you get the Might merc in a2 nightmare to boost skell damage.

This is very good advice.
Also, a pnb necro with skeleton maxed out does well.

ohmyg0t

Donor:
Gold: 8.90
Clan: Pk

Warn:

Post#26 Posted: 28 Jan 2010 05:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

semirotta wrote:
Rap wrote:
Paladin > Hammerdin
Sorc > light with infinity merc
Zon > javazon

kthxbai

Remember HARDCORE player (no good items not for this realm so can only wear what drops in the road of lvling to 99)
Hammerdin not really good idea afterall , requires lvl 18 until is "ok" for making dmg: needs lvl 30+ for better damage.

Sorc, lightning sorc is GOOD but has a proplem: MANY IMMUNES at hell stage.

Javazon : good but bad at beginning, requires higher lvl to work.

I was thinking about class & build which can easy kick monsters asses at early lvls =)

dont listen to this guy
the_pillo
The Magnificent

Donor:

us.gif

Warn:

Post#27 Posted: 30 Jan 2010 04:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
HARDCORE:

I have done this and its a bit more time consuming because you cant focus only on the summons but i find a good pois nova combo with skells does wonders. every once in awhile ill use corpse explosion too. Just dont waste points in bone spirit... it may get powerful but it takes alot to make it anywhere near usable and those points could be better spent on other skills.

Also very quick break down (just made one of these a couple nites ago while LANin with a friend)

Skills:
20 skeleton mastery
20 skeleton
5 summon resist
1 (or more depending on your style, I prefer revives over mages) Mage
1 Fire Golem (mainly used to absorb fire damage so the gear you collect over time will add skills)
10-20 Revive
Put leftover points wherever you would like, i opt for some in curses, make sure if you play in groups to get lifetap for the meleers.

Equip:
Shield= Anything that will give you +skell mastery +skell or +all skills. Preferable homunculous. If you are lucky enough to find it look for a +2-3 skell mastery +2-3 skell 2 socketed grey shield, and socket it with rhyme(Shael Eth)

Armor = anything that gives a nice amount of defense preferably skills, but mainly with some def/res mods. Vmagi is still one of my favs for this

Weapon = Gull dagger, preferably with a good wand as backup incase you need to boost your skells for something like a hell boss or such

Helm = Shako is good, undead crown will work. Pretty much whatever you want. If you cant get eithr of those aim for either skills, high def, res, or mf

Gloves= Chancies if you can get them, or just go to act 4 and look for a cheap pair of gloves that give atleast 25% mf

boots = Doesnt matter, look for mf or resistances

Amulet = Preferably maras (of course lol) if not look for a +3 summoning ammy, or find yourself a nice mf/res ammy

Rings= Mf rings, use what you can to get your mf to 200 and still have Resistances in hell

Charms = gather an assortment of resist charms(such as +20% cold resist, etc), dont bother with mf charms... you need resistances

SKILLS:
Use them wisely, cant give you exact numbers because your gear wont be the same as mine.
basically aim for like 70-100 in str and the rest in life, maybe a little in mana unless you can get yourself some mana mods on your gear.

NOTE:
IN HC ALWAYS CARRY JUVS, DO NOT LEAVE TOWN WITHOUT THEM

P.S this is a poor mans guide, this is all stuff that is either easy to get or has a very cheap substitute. If you want a perfect necro, look elsewhere this is supposed to be the first character you make in HC so you can Mf to gather gear for other characters.

Also, personal suggestion here:
After necro, make an ORBER... they can rush norm, and nm very easily with minimal gear. They can start to kill easily at level 30, and there are very few synergies so you can get shielding too.

Dont play stupid, be conservative. always watch for monsters sneaking up on your and try to dodge missile attacks. Good luck and have fun smile

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
romanceisdead

us.gif

Warn:

Post#28 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 03:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pillo wrote:
romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
HARDCORE:

I have done this and its a bit more time consuming because you cant focus only on the summons but i find a good pois nova combo with skells does wonders. every once in awhile ill use corpse explosion too. Just dont waste points in bone spirit... it may get powerful but it takes alot to make it anywhere near usable and those points could be better spent on other skills.

Also very quick break down (just made one of these a couple nites ago while LANin with a friend)

Skills:
20 skeleton mastery
20 skeleton
5 summon resist
1 Fire Golem (mainly used to absorb fire damage so the gear you collect over time will add skills)
10-20 Revive
Put leftover points wherever you would like, i opt for some in curses, make sure if you play in groups to get lifetap for the meleers.

Equip:
Shield= Anything that will give you +skell mastery +skell or +all skills. Preferable homunculous. If you are lucky enough to find it look for a +2-3 skell mastery +2-3 skell 2 socketed grey shield, and socket it with rhyme(Shael Eth)

Armor = anything that gives a nice amount of defense preferably skills, but mainly with some def/res mods. Vmagi is still one of my favs for this

Weapon = Gull dagger, preferably with a good wand as backup incase you need to boost your skells for something like a hell boss or such

Helm = Shako is good, undead crown will work. Pretty much whatever you want. If you cant get eithr of those aim for either skills, high def, res, or mf

Gloves= Chancies if you can get them, or just go to act 4 and look for a cheap pair of gloves that give atleast 25% mf

Amulet = Preferably maras (of course lol) if not look for a +3 summoning ammy, or find yourself a nice mf/res ammy

Rings= Mf rings, use what you can to get your mf to 200 and still have Resistances in hell

Charms = gather an assortment of resist charms(such as +20% cold resist, etc), dont bother with mf charms... you need resistances

SKILLS:
Use them wisely, cant give you exact numbers because your gear wont be the same as mine.
basically aim for like 70-100 in str and the rest in life, maybe a little in mana unless you can get yourself some mana mods on your gear.

NOTE:

P.S this is a poor mans guide, this is all stuff that is either easy to get or has a very cheap substitute. If you want a perfect necro, look elsewhere this is supposed to be the first character you make in HC so you can Mf to gather gear for other characters.

After necro, make an ORBER... they can rush norm, and nm very easily with minimal gear. They can start to kill easily at level 30, and there are very few synergies so you can get shielding too.

Dont play stupid, be conservative. always watch for monsters sneaking up on your and try to dodge missile attacks. Good luck and have fun smile

Well, this is nice, but it's not what I was saying.
Here's my Pnb summoner:

20 Skeleton
20 Skele Mastery
20 Bone Spear
1 Bone Spirit (This isn't needed)
20 Bone Wall
20 Bone Prison
Rest into Bone Armor/Bone Spirit (Whichever you want, I'd go with armor.)

Weapon:
White - try to get one with + Raise Skele, + Bone Spear, + Bone Armor
Gloves - Trang/Magefist
Belt - Arach
Boots - Marrowwalk
Rings - 2x Soj
Shield - Spirit, you need to hit that fcr bp, plus it gives you massive life/mana bonus, plus a nice magic absorb
Helm - Um'd Shako
Armor - Enigma MP
Amulet - Mara's

Merc:
Eth Insight
Eth Gaze, Um'd
Eth Shaftshop, Um'd

A2 Nightmare Offensive

Last edited by romanceisdead on 31 Jan 2010 03:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Magnificent

Donor:

us.gif

Warn:

Post#29 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 04:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
HARDCORE:

Skills:
20 skeleton mastery
20 skeleton
5 summon resist
10-20 Revive

Equip:

SKILLS:

NOTE:

Here's my Pnb summoner:

20 Skeleton
20 Skele Mastery
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Wall
20 Bone Prison

Weapon:
Gloves - Trang/Magefist
Belt - Arach
Boots - Marrowwalk
Rings - 2x Soj
Shield - Spirit, you need to hit that fcr bp, plus it gives you massive life/mana bonus, plus a nice magic absorb
Helm - Um'd Shako
Armor - Enigma MP
Amulet - Mara's

Merc:
Eth Insight
Eth Gaze, Um'd
Eth Shaftshop, Um'd

A2 Nightmare Offensive

i see what your saying. does look like it would work nicely. any downfalls?

romanceisdead

us.gif

Warn:

Post#30 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 07:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pillo wrote:
romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
HARDCORE:

Skills:
20 skeleton mastery
20 skeleton
5 summon resist
10-20 Revive

Equip:

SKILLS:

NOTE:

Here's my Pnb summoner:

20 Skeleton
20 Skele Mastery
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Wall
20 Bone Prison

Weapon:
Gloves - Trang/Magefist
Belt - Arach
Boots - Marrowwalk
Rings - 2x Soj
Helm - Um'd Shako
Armor - Enigma MP
Amulet - Mara's

Merc:
Eth Insight
Eth Gaze, Um'd
Eth Shaftshop, Um'd

A2 Nightmare Offensive

Not really.
You never run out of mana.
Your skeles tank, even if monsters get close enough to hit you, Bone Armor absorbs it.

The Magnificent

Donor:

us.gif

Warn:

Post#31 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 08:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
HARDCORE:

Skills:
20 skeleton mastery
20 skeleton
5 summon resist
10-20 Revive

Equip:

SKILLS:

NOTE:

Here's my Pnb summoner:

20 Skeleton
20 Skele Mastery
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Wall
20 Bone Prison

Weapon:
Gloves - Trang/Magefist
Belt - Arach
Boots - Marrowwalk
Rings - 2x Soj
Helm - Um'd Shako
Armor - Enigma MP
Amulet - Mara's

Merc:
Eth Insight
Eth Gaze, Um'd
Eth Shaftshop, Um'd

A2 Nightmare Offensive

Not really.
Your skeles tank, even if monsters get close enough to hit you, Bone Armor absorbs it.

nice, i know the biggest issue with pure summon is the fact that if your skell, Diablo will most of the time destroy your skells before you even really have a chance, and there arent any bodies so your pretty much screwed. But with a good secondary weapon like bone spear this might not be a death sentence/ run sentence anymore lol

romanceisdead

us.gif

Warn:

Post#32 Posted: 31 Jan 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_pillo wrote:
romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
romanceisdead wrote:
the_pillo wrote:
HARDCORE:

Skills:
20 skeleton mastery
20 skeleton
5 summon resist
10-20 Revive

Equip:

SKILLS:

NOTE:

Here's my Pnb summoner:

20 Skeleton
20 Skele Mastery
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Wall
20 Bone Prison

Weapon:
Gloves - Trang/Magefist
Belt - Arach
Boots - Marrowwalk
Rings - 2x Soj
Helm - Um'd Shako
Armor - Enigma MP
Amulet - Mara's

Merc:
Eth Insight
Eth Gaze, Um'd
Eth Shaftshop, Um'd

A2 Nightmare Offensive

Not really.

nice, i know the biggest issue with pure summon is the fact that if your skell, Diablo will most of the time destroy your skells before you even really have a chance, and there arent any bodies so your pretty much screwed. But with a good secondary weapon like bone spear this might not be a death sentence/ run sentence anymore lol

Well, I used to have a summoner that could solo anything in the game in hell with 8 players.
Never really had a problem with D killing my summons.

I mean, of course, this PnB/Summoner's summons may die. But, he's not a pure summoner. tongue

Gold: 4.24

Warn:

Post#33 Posted: 25 Feb 2010 06:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

summoner
rotto
◣_◢

Clan: drum & bass

Warn:

Post#34 Posted: 25 Feb 2010 08:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajronmen wrote:
summoner

quite easy character to manage, i like summoner too

Reactivek

Gold: 111.00
Clan: Wypierdalaj

is.gif

Warn:

Post#35 Posted: 28 Feb 2010 04:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Best PVM class & build? Reply with quote

semirotta wrote:
For example: Hardcore -> what is best class&build ?

CS BABA!

Group: Retired Moderators
Donor:
Gold: 9.83
Clan: Amazing Virgins

gm.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#36 Posted: 01 Mar 2010 04:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8_8 wrote:
make sumon necro with kadaver explosion briggrin

i have to vouch this
you need no items for this char and you never die ( if you are not completly stupid )

Hastner

Gold: 5.10
Clan: Retardacja

Warn:

Post#37 Posted: 01 Mar 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrael wrote:
Fireball sorc in my opinion.

yep
Melćma

Gold: 3.04
Clan: Cult

pl.gif

Warn:

Post#38 Posted: 07 Mar 2010 04:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summ nec / Hybrid psn/summ nec
Hammerdin
Dru shaper 'cause of high hp.

Group: Scammer
Donor:
Gold: Locked
Clan: Truth

us.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#39 Posted: 08 Mar 2010 03:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found the vengeance pally to be quite fun
Hooligans1

Gold: 26.50

sp.gif

Warn:

Post#40 Posted: 15 Mar 2010 07:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammer>
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: