Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

LlD assasin

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Dragon

Group: Members
Gold: Locked

up.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 26 Sep 2008 01:25 am    Post subject: LlD assasin Reply with quote

Introduction

This is my guide on the level 9 dueling assasin. This build is fun, easy to make and is great for dueling at low levels. This is known as low level dueling, or lld, and is becoming increasingly more popular lately.

This assassin can achieve very high damage, in many instances, over 1,000 maximum on release, using mediocre jewels and items.

With a combination of +maximum damage jewels and a fully charged tiger strike, this assasin can easily win duels against similar levels and can hold it’s own against foes many times it’s own level, alot of the time even coming out on top.

For this build to work to it’s best potential, you will need a full glitch rush through all of the difficulties. Grushes are second nature nowadays, however if you’re unsure how to, contact me and I’ll help. If you simply can’t find anyone to do the rush, I’m sure someone here will be willing to help.

We will be using:
+9-14 max dmg jewels (req: level 9)
+3-15 life large charms (req: level 9)
12% faster hit recovery grand charms

Before beginning the build you should ideally have some of these already. Look for the charms and jewels in norm/nightmare cow level. They may be hard to come by in public trades, due to many people simply selling them if they find them as they're of no real use to higher level chars. D2Jsp is a good place to trade if you can’t find them yourself.

Once you have been glitch rushed, you will need to complete each of the following quests on all of the difficulties:

Den of Evil- totals 3 skill points
Radament's Lair- totals 3 skill points
Izual- totals 6 skill points
Golden bird quest- totals 60 more life
Lam Essen's Tome- totals 15 more stat points

Skills

With the above skill quests complete, and having reached level 9, you will have 20 skill points to spend. I recommend spending them like so:

Tiger Strike - 9 points
You will max out Tiger Strike for your level, which will allow you to achieve extremely high damage once fully charged up.

Burst of Speed - 4 points
Four points into Burst of Speed will allow you to achieve the closest attack speed breakpoint, if you use Blade Talons and Bloodfists. However, another alternative may be to use a Sigon's Shield on your second weapon setting (insert a -15% requirement jewel or a Hel rune to lower its strength requirement, or use a weapon that adds to strength), and precast Burst of Speed on your weapon switch before the duel, and then switch back to your normal setting. You will sacrifice your weapon switch, but gain an extra skill point, as three points in Burst of Speed with an extra +1 from Sigon's Shield will achieve the breakpoint.

Claw Mastery - 7 points
Your remaining skill points should be put into Claw Mastery, which increases your damage and attack rating with claws. More importantly, this skill gives you a chance to hit a deadly strike, doubling your damage.

Stats

Strength - Enough for equipment
Since each stat point wasted will make a difference, put on all your equipment before assigning stat points. Items that add extra to strength (jewels in your helm and armor, rare/magical boots, amulet, or rings) should be accounted for. Your strength (with all your equipment on) shouldn't exceed 60. Any points saved in strength because of equipment should go to vitality.

Dexterity - Enough for equipment and max block
Same rules apply for dexterity as with strength. Account for your equipment before assigning points here. Saved points should go into vitality.

Vitality - Rest
Even if you can finally wear all your high strength equipment, what's the use when you die all the time? Try and save as many points in strength and dexterity as you can and pump them in here.

Energy - Base
As a melee dueler, you won't be relying on a heavy mana costing skill, so not many points in energy are needed. You can sneak in mana potions if you need to, or have jewels with maximum damage and "Damage Taken Goes to Mana" as a secondary mod, which will allow you to replenish mana when you take damage.

Equipment

The following are tested and tried by me in theory and in real duels. Feel free to alter what you see fit, however i recommend following this as much as possible, if not exactly. If you’re lucky you can find alot of the equipment doing easy normal and nightmare mf runs. Like i said previously, D2Jsp is a good place for such equipment, more so now that low level dueling is as popular as ever.

Helm - 3-Socket Mask
Basically a standard helm for most low level duelers. Fill up sockets with +maximum damage jewels. The unique cap, Biggin's Bonnet, can be a viable substitute, but not as effective.

Amulet - Magic/Rare Amulet
There aren't many choices to go with. I would suggest an amulet that has additions to attack rating, and possibly strength and/or dexterity. A simple +20 attack rating amulet will suffice, or you can gamble or MF for a nice rare one with other stats.

Weapon - Magic/Rare Blade Talons
Blade Talons are the only types of claws you should use, since they have the fastest base attack speed (-30) and will be used to hit the closest attack speed breakpoint. 3-Socket Blade Talons with three +9 jewels will also work, but an extremely good claw would be a rare with sockets (if possible), enchanced damage, maximum damage, and attack rating.

Armour - 3-Socket Breast/Light or 4-Socket Gothic/Ancient
If you're poor when it comes to +maximum damage jewels, I'd advise using a 3-socket Breast or Light Plate. Fill said armor up with maximum damage jewels. However, if you can afford jewels with both maximum damage AND -15% requirements, you can lower the strength requirement on gothic/ancient armour down to something reasonable, and gain an extra socket.

Shield - Pelta Lunata [Unique Buckler]
This unique Buckler has very nice mods- additions to vitality, fast block, and a nice block rate. This will most likely be your best choice for a shield, and won't keep your Assassin locked in blocking. Socket with +maximum damage jewels.

Gloves - Bloodfist [Unique Heavy Gloves]
Bloodfists offer additions to life and hit recovery, allowing your Assassin to get back to attacking after being hit. DO NOT substitute these gloves for anything else, as they are extremely valuable to your character's success.

Rings - Nagelring / +Attack Rating Ring
Attack rating on rings for a level 9 can go up to +95, which are on absolutely perfect rare rings. If you can't find any, Nagelrings give a sufficient amount of attack rating, up to +75. You'll need to try and load up on as much attack rating as you can, in order to actually hit your enemy.

Belt - Death's Guard [Set Sash]
Another extremely helpful piece of equipment, Death's Guard offers the mod "Cannot be Frozen", which is EXTREMELY helpful, and I don't suggest going to duel until you get this item.

Boots - Hsaru's Iron Heel [Set Chain Boots]
These boots offer a 30% faster run/walk, and are probably the only boots you need, being at such a low level. However, if you can find nice rare boots that have additions to stats along with run/walk, I'd advise you to use them.

Charms - 12% Faster Hit Recovery GC, +15 Life LC
You'll need two 12% Faster Hit Recovery grand charms to hit the closest hit recovery breakpoint with Bloodfists on for an Assassin. After you get these two charms, just fill up the rest of your inventory with life large charms.

Conclusion

Successfully completing this build, you will have a strong low level fighter that will suprise the enemy with it’s huge potential damage output. Have fun, and feel free to offer any comments and/or suggestions.

I wrote this guide what must be about a year and a half ago. I also quit D2 for a good year or so. Therefore my knowledge of this build isn’t what it used to be. There may very well be better alternatives to things I have suggested

enjoy.

ss_mendel

Group: Members
Gold: 89.50
Clan: D3JSP

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 26 Sep 2008 01:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good guide. I remember in 1.09 when these assas would own anything lol gj
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: