Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

This Site Needs a Turn Around
1, 2  Next

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

YoReK

Group: Members
Gold: 12.90
Clan: Weed

us.gif

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 26 Oct 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: This Site Needs a Turn Around This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

To succeed you need to realize what really brings most users here.

1. You have the largest buy/sell of d2jsp accounts of any site out there. This is a huge reason why people even use this site.

2. You can buy/sell d2jsp fg. This is the second thing that brings most users here.

3. The ability to sell anything for cash. Not many other sites allow this. It is actually really hard to find other places to buy/sell video game currencies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With that being said, the first thing you should do is start from scratch. This site isn't used for trading diablo items. That's what d2jsp is for. To compete with d2jsp like that is ridiculous and it's a fight you WILL NOT win.

Stick with what brings most of the users here. That is buying / selling d2jsp fg, d2jsp accounts, other game currencies and account. Which leads me to the next major step.

Get a mediator team together so the people can get trades done without getting scammed. People leave this site because people get scammed on a daily basis. You need to end this. You need to properly med all trades and show the community we have the best, safest, and largest trading community for such items. Focus on that forum the most.

It's time to shut down the fg per post. This site has been running long enough, and it makes the site feel as if it's still in beta. It's time to get proffessional. d3jsp is not a dead currency, but you need to give people a reason to want it. And quite frankly people don't want it to buy d3 items.

But what do people use it for? Your store. You are heading in the right direction with your store. But you need to get creative. Remove some items there, and add new ones. Hold a meeting with the mods and brainstorm ideas.

How to obtain d3jsp fg? Of course the best way is $. You get paid, and we get our fg. But not everyone has $. But lots of people have d2jsp fg. I need to think more on how to use this to your advantage. But I felt posting it was necessary to get you thinking.

Scrap the useless forums. It makes the site look tacky. Update the site and give it a new look. D2jsp has a great look. Go off pauls look. There is nothing wrong with using another persons idea as a guide line. Thats how d2jsp started in the first place. Paul used a skin. (I forgot the name of the site he used).

I'm tired, but there's a lot more I can add. The serious people of this community should post what they would like to see pertaining to what I have said. Try to be creative when being critical please.

One more thing: Get mods who will stop spam where needed. Start with this thread, because I'm expecting useless spam.

us.gif

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 26 Oct 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General - Keep it as is.

Announcements- Keep this forum. But announce important things more often. People like to see an active admin who is periodically updating his site like it's his baby.

Rules and Support - The rules should be in it's own link. Change the name to Support or General Help.

Site Bugs and Suggestions - There should be no bugs on your site. But change it to suggestions. People should be suggesting and you should be taking it in. Just like this thread.

Selling and Trading - Put this in its own category like "Diablo III" and "General". Make it the main forum if this site, because it should be.

Diablo IIIl - Scrap this whole section

Featured Games - Scrap this whole section

Clan Forums - Keep this sections.

Clan Recruitment and Clan Forums - Combine them. Give the clans a free forum. Give them 1 free topic. If they are smart they will use that free topic as a recruitment forum. All other forums will need to be purchased. (Also allowing you to get d3fg spent)

Off Topic - Keep this section. Maybe change the name?

General Chat - Keep this forum. Scrap the sub forums and start from scratch. Chat with your team about changes like these.

General Games - Whats the difference between feature games? Scrap it.

Graphics Arts - Keep this forum. The sub forums are good in my opinion. Discuss this with your team.

League of Legends - Why this is here is beyond me. Scrap it for now.

International Forums - Keep it for now. This should be worked on at a later time when the sites fully up to date.

Donor Forum - I haven't seen this forum myself. But I like the idea. d2jsp has a great idea for there DF. I like where your going with yours.

Battle Grounds - Change the name of this section. The scammer forum shouldn't be a battle. It sounds like it's not being taken seriously, which it should be. Give the Scammer Accusations forum it's own section.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again this was rushed, but I hope it gets everyone thinking.

Top Donor

Group: Senior Moderator
Donor:
Gold: 6.15
Clan: D3JSP

us.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=Blue>Senior Moderator</font></b>

Post#3 Posted: 26 Oct 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ideas.

One issue. Staff does mediate trades. Most of them have busy lives and aren't on often during the week.

I use to mediate, but since I'm retired I don't any longer even though I still get 5+ Pm's daily asking me to.

Staff members are supposed to mediate, not me. cool
Jeff

Group: Loser
Gold: Locked

us.gif

Warn:

<font color=red><b>Loser</b></font>

Post#4 Posted: 26 Oct 2013 01:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And allow people to have guild chats and dont lock people over stupid stuff when they been on this site a whole year and had no problems...

even with proof

and they have alot of active people on here that they could make a mod but don't

Last edited by Jeff on 26 Oct 2013 01:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krusty_sfdk

Group: Banned
Donor:

an.gif

Warn:

Banned

Post#5 Posted: 27 Oct 2013 07:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wub
YoReK

us.gif

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 28 Oct 2013 09:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory wrote:
Good ideas.

One issue. Staff does mediate trades. Most of them have busy lives and aren't on often during the week.

I use to mediate, but since I'm retired I don't any longer even though I still get 5+ Pm's daily asking me to.

Staff members are supposed to mediate, not me. cool

Treat it like a job. Hire volunteers. Get personal information. Etc..

Meet new people. There must be more meds for this site to run efficiently.

Cory
Top Donor

Donor:
Gold: 6.15

us.gif

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 28 Oct 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, when they've hired new meds in the past who were "trusted users", they scammed. There's been TWO Helpers who have never scammed before making Staff, that's Mewtwo and Memorial.

We can't just hire anybody. As far as I'm concerned, nobody on this site now would I trust to be tagged a Mediator.

It's not worth the risk anymore. Staff does mediate, but they have busy lives and sometimes aren't on when needed.

This site isn't D2JSP with 50+ Staff members, so yes, it is more difficult to have a Mediator on when people need it.

Last edited by Cory on 28 Oct 2013 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frank Zappa

Gold: 3.33

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 06 Dec 2013 02:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, bring here people cuz of fg trading and acc trading, itll be worse than fg game related trading on d2jsp, think twice before you post.
Dnote
Mayor Dnote

Group: Mayor
Donor:
Gold: 16.90
Clan: Epic Clan Name

zi.gif

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 06 Dec 2013 04:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr

what the site needs is me with a Mayor tag.

and members, also need members.

but nfag is doing all the work. If you haven't noticed the pickup in new users lately, it's because of nfag.

1. lcoks a shit ton of people
2. those people's friends ask how they get locked - etc "buying/selling fg"
3. Locked person's friend want to know where he was buying or selling it at
4. New member on D3jsp.

anyways... Dnote for Mayor, did I mention Dnote for Mayor?

"I AM THE GUITAR TUNED IN D HAMMERING AWAY ONE NOTE." ~ GiantBob
TrustedJsp

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#10 Posted: 07 Dec 2013 06:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good ideas
Michael
(ツ)

Donor:
Gold: 1181.10

us.gif

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 07 Dec 2013 09:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrustedJsp wrote:
good ideas

A better idea would be to pay back your scams and stop making multis

eL_oSo

Group: Scammer

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#12 Posted: 07 Dec 2013 03:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AGREE
BUT what you gotta realise is, everyone on this site given the chance to be a d3jsp staff would abuse it and scam as much as they could.

they need honest staff and thats rare
Cham
scanner

Donor:
Gold: 94.30

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#13 Posted: 09 Dec 2013 07:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like an idea 2 me
Memorial

ca.gif

Banned

Post#14 Posted: 09 Dec 2013 08:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eL_oSo wrote:
I AGREE
BUT what you gotta realise is, everyone on this site given the chance to be a d3jsp staff would abuse it and scam as much as they could.

U right, its pretty rare.

name

Banned

Post#15 Posted: 10 Dec 2013 09:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eL_oSo wrote:
I AGREE

That's a very broad statement..

swa666a
troll

Group: VIP
Donor:
Gold: 13.50

Warn:

VIP

Post#16 Posted: 11 Dec 2013 03:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great ideas but if you haven't noticed. a good 75% of the people who buy/sell fg get disabled becasue somehow d2jsp finds out. idk if somebody rats or if it's traders just reporting but me alone i've lost 2 accounts that i've never done any illegal trading with through here. but somehow i'm banned on both for "selling fg"..

so there's gotta be a better method to it, need to get all the scam tags out here. i don't even feel comfortable sending paypal $ to anybody because i look at every other user and they're locked or scam tagged. then they all have some excuse of how they didn't actually do what they're locked for and that admin is unlocking them when he gets the chance. lol
Treyarch

Donor:
Gold: 552.45

Warn:

Post#17 Posted: 12 Dec 2013 03:56 pm    Post subject: Re: This Site Needs a Turn Around Reply with quote

YoReK wrote:
To succeed you need to realize what really brings most users here.

1. You have the largest buy/sell of d2jsp accounts of any site out there. This is a huge reason why people even use this site.

2. You can buy/sell d2jsp fg. This is the second thing that brings most users here.

3. The ability to sell anything for cash. Not many other sites allow this. It is actually really hard to find other places to buy/sell video game currencies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With that being said, the first thing you should do is start from scratch. This site isn't used for trading diablo items. That's what d2jsp is for. To compete with d2jsp like that is ridiculous and it's a fight you WILL NOT win.

Stick with what brings most of the users here. That is buying / selling d2jsp fg, d2jsp accounts, other game currencies and account. Which leads me to the next major step.

Get a mediator team together so the people can get trades done without getting scammed. People leave this site because people get scammed on a daily basis. You need to end this. You need to properly med all trades and show the community we have the best, safest, and largest trading community for such items. Focus on that forum the most.

It's time to shut down the fg per post. This site has been running long enough, and it makes the site feel as if it's still in beta. It's time to get proffessional. d3jsp is not a dead currency, but you need to give people a reason to want it. And quite frankly people don't want it to buy d3 items.

But what do people use it for? Your store. You are heading in the right direction with your store. But you need to get creative. Remove some items there, and add new ones. Hold a meeting with the mods and brainstorm ideas.

How to obtain d3jsp fg? Of course the best way is $. You get paid, and we get our fg. But not everyone has $. But lots of people have d2jsp fg. I need to think more on how to use this to your advantage. But I felt posting it was necessary to get you thinking.

Scrap the useless forums. It makes the site look tacky. Update the site and give it a new look. D2jsp has a great look. Go off pauls look. There is nothing wrong with using another persons idea as a guide line. Thats how d2jsp started in the first place. Paul used a skin. (I forgot the name of the site he used).

I'm tired, but there's a lot more I can add. The serious people of this community should post what they would like to see pertaining to what I have said. Try to be creative when being critical please.

One more thing: Get mods who will stop spam where needed. Start with this thread, because I'm expecting useless spam.

I think these ideas are great!

You have a Question? Pm me if you see
Celebrating 6 years on D3jsp
StyleKrong

Gold: 26.40

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#18 Posted: 15 Dec 2013 03:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some solid points raised here. I've always felt the site had a bit of a "tattered" feel to it, and could be presented in a more concise manner.

While I agree with a lot of what you've said, I don't feel it's an absolute necessity. The site meets the needs of the people that use it currently, and while more traffic would be nice, it would also mean a lot more moderation required as well.

In either case, I think expansion is definitely something those who run the site may want to consider for the future, and is definitely a possibility as was made clear by your suggestions.
54bwsv
HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE

Donor:
Gold: 71.90
Clan: Epic Clan Name

us.gif

Warn:

Post#19 Posted: 15 Dec 2013 04:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the nature of the site, and what most people primarily use it for, it's been rather successful. Look at ogrr, it's already dead.
Memorial

ca.gif

Banned

Post#20 Posted: 17 Dec 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

54bwsv wrote:
Given the nature of the site, and what most people primarily use it for, it's been rather successful. Look at ogrr, it's already dead.

ogrr?

1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Rules, Support, and Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: