Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

fc zon guide:
1, 2  Next

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Ordinator

Group: Banned
Gold: 3.38

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#1 Posted: 07 Jul 2008 06:38 pm    Post subject: fc zon guide: Reply with quote

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1.11b to a PvP Charged Strike Amazon

1. Table of Contents
1. Table of Contents
2. Important Acronyms
3. Introduction
4. Stats
5. Skills
6. FHR/IAS Breakpoints
7. Items
8. PvP Strategies
9. Conclusion
10. SECRET <- You will see later smile

2. Acronyms
CS: Charged Strike
Str: Strength
Dex: Dexterity
Vita: Vitality
NRG: Energy
WW: Whirlwind
BO: Battle Orders
BC: Battle Commands
Zon: Amazon
Ammy: Amulet
BK: Bul-Kathos Ring
Soj: Stone of Jordan Ring
Griffs: Short for Griffon’s Eye Diadem
FC: Farcast
FHR: Faster Hit Recovery
IAS: Increased Attack Speed
BPs: Breakpoints
SS: Stormshield Monarch
Res: Short for resistances
I tend to use a lot of Acronyms and abbreviations in my guides, so tell me if there is something that I have said that you do not know.

3. Introduction
Have you ever wanted a character that could rape almost ALL MELEE characters? The Charged Strike Amazon is a very effective character in Melee PvP. It utilizes a powerful attack, and deals a lot of elemental damage with its Charged Strike attack. It also gets 75 to all resistances in Hell and with Max Block and Dodge/Avoid/Evade, it is truly a force to be reckoned with.

4. Stats
-Strength: Enough for gear, you don’t need much here
-Dexterity: Enough for Max Block ONLY IF YOU ARE USING STORMSHIELD, if you are not using SS, get enough Dexterity for gear
-Vitality: Rest goes here
-Energy: None, CS takes only 13-15 Mana

5. Skills
-Jab, Poison Javelin, Plague Javelin, Inner Sight: 1 point in each, these are your prerequisite skills that you need to invest in to put points into your other skills
-Charged Strike: Your main attack, you will definitely need to put 20 points into this
-Power Strike, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Strike, Lightning Fury: These are all synergies to Charged Strike, so you will need to put 20 points in these skills to maximize your CS damage.
-Dodge, Avoid, Evade, Slow Missiles: 1 point in each, your +skills items should give it around +10 more. Around level 10-15, you start getting diminishing returns on your points, so just do 1 point in each.

6. FHR/IAS Breakpoints
-IAS Breakpoints:
8 Frames: 0
7.5 Frames: 5
7 Frames: 10
6.5 Frames: 15
6 Frames: 25
5.5 Frames: 40
5 Frames: 80
4.5 Frames: 100
4 Frames: 170
For this char, we will try to get from 5.5 Frames (40) to 5 Frames (80) IAS

-FHR Breakpoints:
11 Frames: 0
10 Frames: 6
9 Frames: 13
8 Frames: 20
7 Frames: 32
6 Frames: 52
5 Frames: 86
4 Frames: 174
3 Frames: 600
For this char, we will try to get either 7 Frames (32) or 6 Frames (52) of FHR

7. Items
For items, there are two types of builds, the first one is the more strategic build, giving you Max Resistances and Block and 43% DR. The second type is for Zons with the FC hack, which allows for MASS DAMAGE. For every item, I will list the item and Alternatives, including one for the MASS DAMAGE build. If I have not listed a MASS DAMAGE alternative, assume it’s the recommended equipment.

-Weapon:
I recommend using a Lancer’s Javelin of Quickness (+3 Java/40 IAS) on a Matriarchal Javelin with a +3 Javelin Base. This gives a total of +6 Javelin/40 IAS… OMGodly damage and speed.
Alternative #1: Thunderstrokes Matriarchal Javelins (only use if you have +4 Javelin skills, if you cannot get a +4 TStrokes, move on the Alternative#2)
Alternative #2: Titan’s Revenge Ceremonial or Matriarchal Javelins

-Shield:
For the strategic build, I recommend going with Stormshield Monarch. It has 35% DR as well as VERY good block and high defense. Socket this with a Cham so you do not have to use a Raven Frost and lose out on 1 Skill.
Alternative #1: Spirit Monarch for the +2 Skills, 55 FHR, Vita, Res
MASS DAMAGE Build: 20/-20 Light Faceted Monarch (Monarch w/ 4x 5/-5 Light Facets)

-Armor:
For an Armor, I recommend getting a Chains of Honor Archon Plate or Dusk Shroud. It has 8% DR as well as +2 Skills, 65 All Res, and +20 Strength, as well as decent Defense.
Alternative #1: Enigma Mage Plate for +2 Skills, DR, Teleport, and Strength
Alternative #2: Upgraded Skin of the Vipermagi for the +1 Skills and Resistances
MASS DAMAGE Build: 20/-20 Light Faceted Armor (preferably low Str, Armor w/ 4x 5/-5 Light Facets)

-Helm:
Griffon’s Eye Diadem is the best choice here by far. It has +1 Skills, as well as +% to Lightning Skills Damage and -Enemy Light Resistances. Socket this with a 5/-5 Light Facet. Try to get the highest one possible.
Alternative #1: Harlequin Crest Shako for the +2 Skills, Life, Mana, and 10% DR. Socket this with a 5/-5 Light Facet.

-Amulet:
I recommend getting a Rare Amulet with some of the following mods: +2 Amazon Skills, Strength, Dexterity, Resistances, and Life. Some of the more wealthy players get +2 Zon/20 Str/20 Dex/20 Res/40 Life Rare Amulets, however, there are not many of these types of Amulets around.
Alternative #1: Mara’s Kaleidoscope for the nice +2 Skills, Attributes, and 20-30 Resists

-Rings:
I recommend getting 2x BK Rings. If you have Cham’d your SS, there would be no need to get a Raven, and you would get an extra +Skill.
Alternative #1: SOJ for +Skills
Alternative #2: Raven Frost for CBF or Dual Stat Rings (preferably with Res/Life)

-Gloves:
The best gloves for this build would definitely be Lancer’s Gloves of Alacrity (+3 Javelin/20 IAS). It gives a nice +Skills bonus and IAS bonus.
Alternative #1: Rare +2 Javelin Gloves, preferably with IAS, Resistances, Str, Dex, and Life
Alternative #2: Bloodfist Heavy Gloves for IAS and FHR

-Boots:
I recommend getting Ethereal Sandstorm Treks. Many people wonder, “Why Eth Treks?” Well, this is because Treks have the repair Durability mod, which repairs Durability, regardless of whether your item is Eth or not. It gives high defense, while also giving you 20% FHR, Strength, and Vitality. Ethereal gives more Defense and lower requirements.
Alternative #1: Those nice FHR/Dual Stat Boots that everyone likes (preferably Res as well)
Alternative #2: Waterwalk Sharkskin Boots for Dex, Life, and Fire Res

-Belts:
Thundergod’s Vigor War Belt is by far the best belt you will be able to get your hands on. It gives a beautiful +3 LF/LS, while also giving +20 to Str/Vita and very nice Light Absorb. What other belt would be better than this?
Alternative #1: Arachnid’s Mesh for +1 Skills
Alternative #2: Verdungo’s Hearty Cord Mithril Cord for the nice FHR, Vita, and DR

-Grand Charms:
Definitely go with +1 Javelin GCs, try getting ones with +Life, FHR, Strength, Dexterity mods if possible
Alternative #1: Passive and Magic GCs with Life, FHR, Strength, or Dex

-Small Charms:
The best Small Charms for this build would be 20 Life/5 Res All SCs or 20 Life/11 Fire Cold Light or Poison Res Small Charms. No better options.
Alternative #1: Plain 20 Life Small Charms work too
Alternative #2: 5 FHR SCs with Resistances
Alternative #3: Strength/Dex Small Charms so you can add more to Life

-Other Charms:
Hellfire Torch Large Charm and Annihilus Small Charm for obvious reasons.

8. PvP Strategies
-Against Melees (WW Barbs, Smiters, Chargers): Hold Shift + Name lock them... kill them.
-Against Casters (Trappers, Sorcs, Boners): Don’t even bother, they are almost impossible to kill unless you use the hacked Farcast
-Against Sorbers: It depends on how much Sorb they have on, you should be able to take down Sorbers with just TGods, but if they start slapping on the Wisps and Lightsabre and Blackhorns, you’re in serious trouble...

9. Conclusion
Well, that’s it. I hope you’ve enjoyed the guide. I know it’s not really an in-depth PvP section, but really, CS Zons are very simple chars, and very easy to use in duels. Any comments/suggestions can be PM’d or posted. The End...

BUT WAIT, THAT WAS NOT THE END, JUST BECAUSE I LOVE YOU GUYS, I HAVE ADDED A SPECIAL BONUS FOR YALL

10. HOW TO LEGIT FARCAST
Note: I take no credit in writing this portion of the guide. I only take credit in copying/pasting it from CC-Comp. This part was written by “Nick” of CC-Comp.org’s Amazon Strategy Forums.

QUOTE("Nick")
Okay, I'm starting to see a crap load of Javazons using Charged Strike, and a lot of people @ CC and on B.Net have been asking how to do it. This simple bug can give a Javazon a better chance vs some tough opponents, especially in PvP.

A few FAQs before we get started:

What is Far CS?
It's a technique that takes advantage of a bug on the server, which allows you to use Charged Strike and hit an opponent from a distance.

Is it a hack?/Can I be banned?
No it's a glitch in the game, so really you cannot be banned for this.

Is this even worth learning if I make a Javazon?
Yes. As I mentioned above, Far CS will basically tear your opponents who choose not to fight next to you. If you have a high CS damage, you know it rapes terribly. And basically Characters that don't fight next to you are Casters. And Caster have lesser life than Melee. So that only means rapage.

Is it hard to use/learn?
It is very simple to learn. But it is a semi-hard thing to do when you first start. After a while though, with enough practice you can do it over and over.

Materials Needed...

Diablo 2
Javazon with a Javalin
Charged Strike
Eyes to read my guide

Okay so lets start if off.

1. First get your Javazon. This is mine

2. Next go to your start menu by pressing Esc. And go to Options.

3. Now go to Configure Controls.

4. There should be a new menu that pops up. Scroll down a bit until you see Skill 9, 10, 11, etc. If you've never messed with these, they should say None.

5. Click on Skill 9. The text for that line should turn blue, and None or whatever you have there should start blinking. Press the letter Z on your keyboard. Now you should have Z next to Skill 9. Do the same with Skill 10, except make the key be X.

6. Press Accept.

7. Open up your Skills by pressing S, and hotkey Charged Strike to "Z", and Throw Weapon to "X".

8. It's time to find a godleh/formidable opponent to test your skills on. I chose a Fallen on the difficulty on normal, since they rape all my Characters. I don't know why.

9. Now this is the tricky part. Hold Shift. Put your cursor over your enemy. Now press Z then X then Z really fast. Make sure you did hit the keys. Sometimes people go too fast and accidently hit a key too lightly.

IF YOU STILL HAVE NOT CAUGHT ON, ALL THESE SKILLS TAKE PLACE ON YOUR RIGHT SKILL.

10. Immediatly after you hit Z the second time, right click your highlighted opponent. If done correctly you should see a Javalin being thrown. This is only Client Side. Your opponent will see you trying to use Charged Strike, but at nothing. But then he realises he got hit by something, and Charged Bolts came out of his ass. Owned.

Tips.

Practice

When you try this, try against a group of monsters. Because sometimes when you see the Javalin being thrown, it sometimes is the actually Thrown Weapon attack instead of Far CS. So attacking a group of monsters helps because the monsters behind the monster that got hit by Far CS should die by a lightning sound (which is Charged Bolt, you shouldn't see this either).

As far as Farcast Hack goes, there is one that currently exists, however, I DO NOT RECOMMEND using it, because it is not 100% safe to use on Closed battle.net, and I believe there is no fun in playing the game with any hacks other than MH.

t

ManBearPig

Gold: Locked

ca.gif

Banned

Post#2 Posted: 18 Jul 2008 07:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fc is gay... hacks.... n its rly ez to sorb...
SuB

Group: Members
Gold: 104.60

us.gif

Warn:

Post#3 Posted: 12 Aug 2008 03:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fc Zons are all noobzons and are easy to sorb and kill. If you need Fc you need to stop pvp with that char and make somthin else.

What Lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters...compaired to what lies within us.
-SuB
ss_mendel

Gold: 89.50
Clan: D3JSP

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 26 Sep 2008 01:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need another 30% ias to hit the next bp

therefore, instead of2x facets, get 2x 15/15s
Maddi

Group: Scammer
Clan: Playgirl

ca.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#5 Posted: 26 Sep 2008 03:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManBearPig wrote:

It's fully legitimate if you want it to be.
Just need to stop sucking.
ss_mendel

Warn:

Post#6 Posted: 27 Sep 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddi wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:

if you've ever dueling on bnet against legit farcast zons, you will realize they are a joke XD
Maddi

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#7 Posted: 28 Sep 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ss_mendel wrote:
Maddi wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:

if you've ever dueling on bnet against legit farcast zons, you will realize they are a joke XD

You just haven't dueled good ones. There are some that can fc almost as well as the hack.
ss_mendel

Warn:

Post#8 Posted: 01 Oct 2008 09:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on battle.net? lol i tried making a fc zon on bnet it lagged too much even my macro couldn't do it properly.

anyways, bowa > java tongue
Maddi

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#9 Posted: 02 Oct 2008 02:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ss_mendel wrote:
on battle.net? lol i tried making a fc zon on bnet it lagged too much even my macro couldn't do it properly.

Actually a good java beats any bowa any time.
Considering the only way for farcast to miss is if you run towards the zon, and a bowzon would only be running away so they don't die.
rotto
◣_◢

Gold: 0.00
Clan: drum & bass

Warn:

Post#10 Posted: 03 Oct 2008 05:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowazon > javazon + fc imo sucks , i dont like it so much , its lame style. but gg guide.

Maddi

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#11 Posted: 03 Oct 2008 07:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rotto wrote:
Bowazon > javazon + fc imo sucks , i dont like it so much , its lame style. but gg guide.

bowzon does not > javazon at all
as soon as you are on their screen you are dead
they can teleport right on top of you and you have to run to get away while they fc
Parasola

no.gif

Banned

Post#12 Posted: 18 Oct 2008 06:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this indeed is very well written guide
gj

Parasola

no.gif

Banned

Post#13 Posted: 18 Oct 2008 06:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ss_mendel wrote:
Maddi wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:

nah its very hard to kill max dr/max block javazon with 3k+life

Maddi

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#14 Posted: 18 Oct 2008 06:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, this build needs enigma or anyone with range will kill you. Yes, it's an fc build, but unless you're using autoaim, they need to be on your screen.
And since you have no fast run/walk, no teleport or anything, you'll still get owned.
bud_690

Gold: 2.00

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#15 Posted: 13 Nov 2008 09:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fc, is so cheap, if you use the hack.
good build tho.

I Can Help With Everything. Whisper Me In Game, Or Pm Me. /w *lord_cullen
bulldogmitch91

Gold: 4.10

us.gif

Warn:

Post#16 Posted: 19 Nov 2008 09:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fc = bad it disappoints me
bud_690

Gold: 2.00

ca.gif

Warn:

Post#17 Posted: 24 Nov 2008 09:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate it,
i used to tank them with my auradin (maxresist lightning aura)
they couldnt even hurt me before i charged their asses

I Can Help With Everything. Whisper Me In Game, Or Pm Me. /w *lord_cullen
bulldogmitch91

Gold: 4.10

us.gif

Warn:

Post#18 Posted: 25 Nov 2008 08:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bud_690 wrote:
i hate it,
i used to tank them with my auradin (maxresist lightning aura)
they couldnt even hurt me before i charged their asses

lol i jus fade hdin and tele stomp tongue

ss_mendel

Warn:

Post#19 Posted: 02 Dec 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleh need more ias in your build, but good guide. mats base, +ias, bfist--->i remember you need to replace 2 facets with 15/15 to reach the bp you need.. pretty rusty tho i 4got sad
Lucas[NM]

Gold: 40.50

nl.gif

Warn:

Post#20 Posted: 02 Dec 2008 01:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddi wrote:
ss_mendel wrote:

Actually a good java beats any bowa any time.
Considering the only way for farcast to miss is if you run towards the zon, and a bowzon would only be running away so they don't die.

You have never encountered a good bowazon then.

Oh and FC is lame, legit or not, exploiting bugs = hacking = lame
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: