Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

help out a noob?
Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

treezzzzz

Group: Scammer
Gold: Locked
Clan: Transformers

us.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#21 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 06:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booya wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:
Booya wrote:
treezzzzz wrote:
Booya wrote:
treezzzzz: im on useast, non-hardcore, ladder .. i figured this is what the majority play?

ladder season isnt ready for playing yet by my tastes. not enough high level chars doing runs and not enough items to go around. i usually join the new ladder season at like 3-5 months into it lol (sometimes more even)

just wondering, isnt it better to start as early as you can on ladder though? this way you can mf 24/7 and find as many good uniques as you can and trade, etc.?

edit: just saw your above post

so what do you recommend for someone like me? should i do nonladder?

since you dont have any gear from the last ladder season that you would "lose" by moving to ladder right now, it's prolly good to go ahead and play on ladder right now. just make an mf sorc and do meph or andy runs and get rich so you can make a godly hammerdin and do pretty much everything.
gl leveling your sorc btw ^^

ok sounds good!! ill do what i can ... the hardest part is getting the prush itself!! like once i hit lvl 80 or so with sorc, i would constantly do mf runs with whatever mf percentage i have ...

treezzzzz and tram, would you guys happen to know anyone on the new ladder thats willing to do the rush? THEY CAN HAVE MY FORGE .. LOL

i hear phreke's friend might be playing ladder, but other than that you can go on d2jsp and post iso a rush or go in-game and post forge for rush

Join Clan Transformers Today!! (links below)
Clan Forums Recruitment Thread
Bacterion

Group: Members
Gold: 0.80

Warn:

Post#22 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarningWarned by tramway on 10 Jul 2007 11:57 pm. Expires: Expired
Reason: warn
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#23 Posted: 10 Jul 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacterion wrote:

wtf? spam?

Booya

Gold: 7.27

Warn:

Post#24 Posted: 11 Jul 2007 01:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update so far (man, this is turning into a diary, lol):

i got p-rushed to hell with my sorc, just finished ancients and at lvl 25 .. i plan on doing chaos till 60, followed by another ancients, etc...

i guess the general question i have now is, whats the best way to mf as a starter?... and say i reach lvl 70 or so and want to mf in nightmare, which place is the best to mf (i.e. meph runs? andy?)?

also, im sure ppl have varying opinions on this, but what do you think is the best mf % to have? or does this really matter? ... i ask this because when i gamed waaayyyy back, me and a close d2 buddy could have easily gone into the 700% range, but we decided it was optimal to keep at 350-450 ish ... so, whats your take on this issue??
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#25 Posted: 11 Jul 2007 08:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booya wrote:

i got p-rushed to hell with my sorc, just finished ancients and at lvl 25 .. i plan on doing chaos till 60, followed by another ancients, etc...

i guess the general question i have now is, whats the best way to mf as a starter?... and say i reach lvl 70 or so and want to mf in nightmare, which place is the best to mf (i.e. meph runs? andy?)?

also, im sure ppl have varying opinions on this, but what do you think is the best mf % to have? or does this really matter? ... i ask this because when i gamed waaayyyy back, me and a close d2 buddy could have easily gone into the 700% range, but we decided it was optimal to keep at 350-450 ish ... so, whats your take on this issue??

mf is generally just the more the merrier, as long as the extra mf doesnt hinder your char's actual ability to function. you should prolly get to around lvl 85 (start doing baal runs at around lvl 70) and mf hell andy and hell mephisto. when you get good at teleing you should be able to almost never get hit at all. also remember to not spend any stats points into energy because for mfing you wont be needing energy shield. if u have mana problems then chug mana pots instead it is MUCH more efficient

Booya

Warn:

Post#26 Posted: 12 Jul 2007 01:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz wrote:
Booya wrote:

mf is generally just the more the merrier, as long as the extra mf doesnt hinder your char's actual ability to function. you should prolly get to around lvl 85 (start doing baal runs at around lvl 70) and mf hell andy and hell mephisto. when you get good at teleing you should be able to almost never get hit at all. also remember to not spend any stats points into energy because for mfing you wont be needing energy shield. if u have mana problems then chug mana pots instead it is MUCH more efficient

k thx for the advice treezzzzz

ok, so update so far: i finally hit lvl 80 and distribute my skil points as follows: max blizz, max bolt, max blast, 14 spike, 3 in mastery ... i plan on putting the rest of points into spike instead of mastery, do you agree with this plan?? i have one point in warmth, telekinesis, static, and teleport so thats taken care of

however, for the stat points im in a dilemma ... at 25/25/30/35 with 360 points, i just put 60 in health (the 30 column) .. so im left with 300

the thing is this: i just got back to the game, so i dont know what items im gonna end up wearing and such .. so i may go under or over if i start distributing the points now .. so is it best to save the remaining 300 and see where i end up??

ive been recommended to "plan" for a skullder's and a wiz spike (both of which i have no idea), and i believe this is realistic as i dont think ill end up with the godly mf sorc items .. is this a good idea??

thanks!!
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#27 Posted: 12 Jul 2007 08:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

max mastery and blizz first, then worrry about synergies. cold mastery is EXTREMELY GOOD. Think about it. If a skill said "+50% dmg", then you just get the plain bonus of 50% more dmg. But with cold mastery, esp since monsters in hell have high resistances, reducing them from 75% resists to 75-50 = 25 resists effectively TRIPLES the damage you would deal.

as for gear you should probably wear the full tal-rasha's set because it gives you massive mf. do you have a sorc torch and anni, btw?

Last edited by treezzzzz on 12 Jul 2007 08:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Booya

Warn:

Post#28 Posted: 14 Jul 2007 02:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treezzzzz: so i followed your advice on where to distribute the skill points .. its been working great!!

i dont know what a torch is, but before i get to what i wear this is what happened:

the gamer that prushed me hooked me up with some really decent items (i.e.viper body armor, snowclash, wizspike (and helped me hel rune it), a 21% mf boots) and i ended up finding chance gloves along with a crappy shield and ammi ... also use 2 nag (sp?) rings (the ones with mf)

so with about a mf of around 120%ish, i ended up find the following from meph:

shako, stormshield, 2 viperskin, occulus, marsh (druid) boots, unique ring (this one got me REALLY excited, but it ended up being a manald sad ...lol)

im thinking HOW THE HECK WAS I ABLE TO FIND THESE WITH A MF IN THE 100s? .... this got me thinking, maybe blizzard favours those with low mf in the new ladder so that they help all sorts of ppl with low mf find items (instead of favouring those with high mf) ... im probably completely wrong, but whatever lol

mind you, the items didnt come easy ... i probably ended up doing LITERALLY 150-200 runs in the past 2 days

anyhow, im still learning and much is to be learned (i should seriously memorize the rune list and read on how trades work and what is worth what) ... btw treezzzzz, about the tal rasha's set, are the set items hard to come by??? also, how much would the whole set cost (in soj value)?

thanks!!
treezzzzz

us.gif

Warn:

Post#29 Posted: 14 Jul 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booya wrote:
treezzzzz: so i followed your advice on where to distribute the skill points .. its been working great!!

i dont know what a torch is, but before i get to what i wear this is what happened:

the gamer that prushed me hooked me up with some really decent items (i.e.viper body armor, snowclash, wizspike (and helped me hel rune it), a 21% mf boots) and i ended up finding chance gloves along with a crappy shield and ammi ... also use 2 nag (sp?) rings (the ones with mf)

so with about a mf of around 120%ish, i ended up find the following from meph:

shako, stormshield, 2 viperskin, occulus, marsh (druid) boots, unique ring (this one got me REALLY excited, but it ended up being a manald sad ...lol)

im thinking HOW THE HECK WAS I ABLE TO FIND THESE WITH A MF IN THE 100s? .... this got me thinking, maybe blizzard favours those with low mf in the new ladder so that they help all sorts of ppl with low mf find items (instead of favouring those with high mf) ... im probably completely wrong, but whatever lol

mind you, the items didnt come easy ... i probably ended up doing LITERALLY 150-200 runs in the past 2 days

anyhow, im still learning and much is to be learned (i should seriously memorize the rune list and read on how trades work and what is worth what) ... btw treezzzzz, about the tal rasha's set, are the set items hard to come by??? also, how much would the whole set cost (in soj value)?

thanks!!

torch is a special item that gives +3 to a random character class's skills and +10-20 stats and +10-20 all resists. when you kill the countess, summoner, and nilathak in hell there is a 1 in 22 chance to get a key of terror, hate, destruction (respectively). combine one of each key in hell A5 and you get a portal to a random place and fight one of the bosses duriel, uber andariel, and izual, who if killed drops baal's eye, diablo's horn, and mephisto's brain (respectively). if you have 3 keysets and open all 3 red portals in the same game you are guaranteed to get one of each of these "organs". combine the organset in hell A5 and there's a portal to uber tristram with godly versions of diablo baal mephisto. kill em all and you get a torch.

a full tal rasha's set shouldnt cost you too much maybe like 1 or 2 sojs. when i get time ill look through my mules and see if i have some. if i do ill geib them to u for free

Alicia
Minister

Group: Retired Moderators
Donor:
Gold: 16.98
Clan: Trust

ja.gif

Warn:

Retired Moderators

Post#30 Posted: 14 Jul 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably better if you guys could post all your hints and guides in the Diablo 2 Guides forum and I'll make them into a combined sticky there, will be more accessible and cute smile

I'll close this for now.

1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: