Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

HELP plz

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

demonzknight2000

Group: Members
Gold: 1.00

Warn:

Post#1 Posted: 17 Aug 2009 05:48 pm    Post subject: HELP plz Reply with quote

I am newer to the d2 world and i was refered to this site by my newphew and need to have a decent d2 assassin build i would perfer a melee build. so if ya can leave me one plz and thx.
Ricky
Niggitynog

Gold: 1.56

us.gif

Warn:

Post#2 Posted: 17 Aug 2009 06:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS ISN'T MY GUIDE, I FOUND IT. DON'T ACCUSE ME OF STEALING THIS GUIDE. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

PvP Fastcast WW/Kick/Stun Assassin Guide

Pre-Introduction
This guide focuses on strategy, not items and stats (though I discuss both). As such, it is useful for the build discussed below, �ghost� style WW assassins, BvC barbs and anyone else interested in good dueling techniques.

Auto-aim is thankfully disabled in the new 1.11 patch. For now...
I have several suggestions below for dealing with auto-aim users. Hopefully, auto-aim is gone for good. I doubt that, however. So, if it comes back the information is there.

I have also altered some portions of the equipment section to reflect the new hellfire charm.
The changes from this are really minimal. It just means a bit more pre-planning, yet another �perfect stat� expensive charm that everyone has to try to and get, and a bit more flexibility in stats and the like.
The hellfire skill chance-to-cast offers some interesting possibilities with talon against less than 10K defense opponents (where multiple rapid strikes are possible), mostly coming down to improved stun, especially when combined with the chance-to-cast skills on a chaos claw, assuming that claw is worn as primary. I�ll discuss in a bit more detail below.

All in all, I�m glad this guide is largely unchanged after the new patch release. I figured the whole thing would be consigned to the �dustbin of history�, as it were, once I heard a new patch was on the way. Hopefully it still has a long life.

Enjoy!

Quick List of Acronyms:

AR - attack rating
BS - blade shield
CoA - crown of ages
CTA - call to arms
DF - dragon flight
DR - damage reduction (physical)
DT - dragon talon
FHR - fast hit recovery
GC - grand charm
IAS - increased attack speed
KB - knockback
LS - lightning sentry
MB - mind blast
OW - open wounds
PLR - poison length reduction
SC - small charm
SM - shadow master
WB - weapon block (also CB - claw block)
WW - whirlwind

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Introduction
2. Build Goals
3. Note on Damage
4. Note on Attack Rating
5. Note on Claw Block
6. Note on Mana
7. Note on Mercs
8. Skills
9. Equipment
9.1. Alternate Equipment Set-up
9.2. Notes on Armor Choice
9.3. General Notes on Equipment
10. Anya Bug
11. Attribute Points
12. Notes on Poison Damage
13. Notes on Speed
14. Chance to Cast and Stun with Dragon Talon
15. General Strategy and Technique Guide
16. General Match-up Notes
17. Class-Variant Strategy Breakdown
18. Credits

INTRODUCTION

This build combines all of the best aspects of the PvP assassin kicker and the PvP assassin ww builds in a solid dueling framework. It uses teleport for its primary movement with tactical use of dragon flight in on-screen situations. It uses stun supplied by level 1 traps and level 42 to 50 mind blast.

This is not a �ghost� ww-sin. It�s a ww/kick hybrid. I've been posting bits and pieces of this guide since early in ladder 1, before anyone heard of the name "ghost" attached to a ww-sin. I just happened to be doing it, at that time, with a pure kicker rather than ww assassin. Ladder 2 introduced certain items, like grief, which made pallys and melee generally very difficult. In the ladder 1 time-frame (both on and off the ladder), a tricked out kicker could hold their own in most public dueling games (even if certain melee builds could not be beaten at all). There were so many pure caster types that kickers always had good duels available. But now, there are so many paladins with a massive physical attack along with their ranged (FoH, hammers, etc.), that you simply must have whirlwind. There were a LOT of paladins in ladder 2 (and off the ladder) as items and better, more refined, builds pushed more and more people toward that class. If you kicked only, you did not do well. I went into many 8 person public duel games and had 7 pallys plus myself. However, to go whirlwind only means that you lose the benefit of an extremely accurate and powerful tool against casters. No matter what anyone says, kicking is the superior attack against sorcs, wind druids, necromancers, etc. You need both attacks, kicking (mostly) for casters and ww (mostly) for melee and pally casters. This doesn�t mean I exclusively use kicks against necros, for example. It just means that kicks are my primary attack. This is discussed in the strategy section below. WW + kick gives you a huge range of options in the heat of a duel. It is superior to a pure ww (whether ghost or otherwise) or any type of pure kicker. Finally, you don�t need that big a skill point investment to make kicking effective, as I will outline below. There is no good reason NOT to have dragon talon as a skill.

In my opinion, this is the best PvP assassin type you can play for 1 vs. 1 duels when you are decked out. It�s better 1 on 1 than a trapper, though a trapper is better in a team. I also consider this the single most demanding PvP build you can play. I�ve played just about every style of dueler out there at one time or another going back to the beta. Nothing has come close, in my mind, to the complexity of making this build function well. As a result, I find it endlessly interesting and fun. Much more so than playing a trapper or a bone nec or a smiter or a ww barb or any type of sorc. 99% of time you will be the aggressor and will be chasing your opponent. It's always more fun to play offensively than defensively. It also takes MUCH more skill to be a good offensive player. Anyone can run and spam their attack.

Most of this guide is about tactics and strategy. Items are items and we all know how important they are. I assume the people who go to the trouble of reading PvP strategy guides have decent items or access to such items or are willing to work to get such items. Once we are on this semi-level playing field, we can focus on technique. Good items (or at least decent ones) are critical but you can't simply spend your way to winning with this dueler. They are necessary but NOT sufficient to do well.

This guide assumes you have familiarity with assassins. If you have never played a ww sin before or a kicker or at least a trapper, don�t start here. You�ll become frustrated. Play the more common variants first. Get good at kickers, then try WW, and then perhaps some trapping. That will get you the basics for making this build work for you. Note that I�m not posting all the hit recovery, fast cast rate or ias charts as some other guides do. If you�ve never had to look them up before or you don�t know that trapping is tied to ias and mind blast is tied to fast cast rate, then this isn�t the guide you should be looking at.

This guide is built with the philosophy of doing as FEW equipment changes as possible. When I do a public dueling game (or just about any dueling game, for that matter), I want to put on my primary equipment for that game, based on the mix of players, and be able to do well w/o having to run to my stash for new equipment every time I duel someone different. Other than the occasional AR gear switch or T'Gods/Jade Talon switch, I have tried to minimize required changes. Almost all of the people who duel end up doing mostly public games, since there just aren't any big private groups left. In a public game, you can have free-for-alls, teams, and people who just jump you when you are weak after dueling someone else. You also have random traps and hits from people not even trying to hit you. If you are equipped to "duel melee", then some sorc is going to swing through and kill you due to low res, etc. If you are equipped with all your res gear and some pally decides to take a swipe, you want full DR. Having to run to your stash to switch equipment on a per-duel basis is both unrealistic and, in the end, pretty annoying. It's just like people saying they will pre-buff their venom with bramble, 3/3 claws, shadow ammy, etc. After a couple of times it just gets old, fast. For a tourney, if it's allowed, then do it for sure. Otherwise, yuck. I want to be in a dueling game, kill a sorc, pop over and wax that necro that was observing, avoid (or kill) the smiter trying to slap me when I'm almost dead, and then still take out the annoying zon who hit me with a multishot 2 minutes ago while I was dueling the sorc. All without switching anything. I'm not saying you won't do equipment changes. Just that you won't do them all that often.

This build is not cheap. Further, it is complex to play and hard to master, especially with timing of attacks and hotkey use. I will provide cheap(er) alternatives to expensive equipment whenever possible, but the use of high level rune words, certain equipment, and decent charms is a must. There is no way around it. You also won't �own" a week after you make your assassin. I've played this build, or a variation on it, over two ladders now (both on and off the ladder), always improving it. If you aren't willing to put in the time practicing and getting better, and losing in the beginning, you'll quit in frustration. I�ve even quit myself a few times.

Finally, this is a major twitch build. It requires good reflexes and decent connection. If you lack either, you will probably have trouble making it work for you.

Last edited by Ricky on 17 Aug 2009 06:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Qry
Nick

Group: Banned
Gold: 0.00

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#3 Posted: 04 Sep 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its random what melee?

ww or ?

mjdbox

Donor:
Gold: 321.00

us.gif

Warn:

Post#4 Posted: 31 May 2010 06:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a new to d2, gamer. I suggest this build as it works while wearing rares and crappy gear:

Stats:
-------
* 110 str (So you can wear some of those crappy rare armors you find).

* 50-60dex (Add more if needed to wear crappy rare claws you find.)

* Vitality Every single point you can get into Vit, is good. So, All extra points not used to create str and dex quotas.

* zero points in energy.

Skills:
------
Pure light traps. Max them out, your main attack is lightning sentry. So max that light skill first, then the synergy skills. I load up on shock web while waiting to get lvl 24 light senrty. That can be put on the left click option later and be used in conjunction with your 5 available traps. After those are maxed then focus on fire bombs. Your merc+Firebombs will kill immunes in hell. Even with crappy gear.

PS: This is not the build I suggest for an advanced gamer. Not even remotely close. But this one is great for poor gamers.

Last edited by mjdbox on 31 May 2010 06:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gold: 0.00

pl.gif

Warn:

Post#5 Posted: 30 Jun 2010 05:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

melee huh ?

trap > all!

and if u are newbie, make sorc (blizz would be best)

Last edited by nSybastian on 30 Jun 2010 05:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

:'DD
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: