Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Throw Barb Build - Discuss?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

treezzzzz

Group: Scammer
Gold: Locked
Clan: Transformers

us.gif

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#1 Posted: 13 Sep 2007 01:29 pm    Post subject: Throw Barb Build - Discuss? Reply with quote

This is from someone on d2jsp. I'm considering making it as soon as i get some more items. any comments/suggestions from those of you who know these chars well?

Quote:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=3103585&st=10
http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=3108895&f=87

This is a gg thrower barb build attributed to kuskid. My barb is level 78 and has not done any skill, stat, or res quests, but has max resists, 5.1k life, 12k or 13k ar, and deals out 9k damage with double eth lacerators... I'm expecting to do 13k and 8k with shrikes/wraiths (I did about that much with my previous builds) I have never lost a duel in pub games yet, except ww barbs and gg desynch smiter. This guide is pretty long but THOROUGH.

Table of Contents
Section I: Introduction
Section II: Gear
Section III: Skill Placement
Section IV: Attribute Placement
Section V: Tips
Section VI: Character Dueling Strategies

Section I: Introduction
I've made some weird characters lately out of boredom, and few of them made it past a week old. From the first duel game I entered at level 75, I knew I could have some fun with my thrower. A couple months later, I decided to make this, an overview of just about everything I've found out about this weird-ass character. I've found more buggy shit with this character than every other character I've made combined, since patch .09. He's a decent team dueler (best comparison is a BvC that shoots Bone Spears), and a hell of a lot of fun in pub games. That said, enjoy.

Section II: Gear
You've got a whole lot of room to work with here. I'm going to set up this section this way- Subsection 1 will be the breakpoints to look for with this character. Subsection 2 will be the the different throw weapons you can use, and the amount of IAS they'll need. Subsection 3 is going to be the rest of the gear you can use with it. I'll basically list all the gear and what you want to achieve, and leave it to you to have some fun with it, and mix and match a bit.

Subsection 1: Breakpoints
All character breakpoints can be found here.
The only really necessary one for this character is fhr. You probably won't tele much, so fcr isn't huge, and you don't use a shield, so no fbr either. I'll get into IAS breakpoints alongside the specific weapons they coincide with.
FHR breakpoints:
Frames: 9....8....7....6....5....4.....3
Amount: 0...7...15..27..48..86..200
The two mainstays at helm both have 30 fhr. So the first 2 are completely irrelevant, as just your helm will surpass them. 200 is unachievable without building around fhr. So look closely at the middle 3: 27, 48 and 86. I like to go 86, just in case. I'd never duel without 48 though, period.

Subsection 2: Throw Weapons
Here's where you can have some fun. Since there are so many mods that can spawn on rares, I'm just going to include your unique choices. If you've got a pair of nice rares and you really don't know how to figure out the IAS they'd need, let me know and I'll help you out. First off, I'll list your choices, in order of damage (not DPS). Then, I'll show you some of my favorite combos, and the IAS you'll need to go with them.

Throw weapon pros and cons (all items assumed to be ethereal):
*Gargoyle's Bite - Great damage, that's about it. Poison damage doesn't hurt, but the only reason to use this is the massive damage.
*Wraith Flight - Does about the same damage as Garg's, but a tad slower. Absolutely wild glitch when used with Shrikes makes this my left hander of choice.
*Demon's Arch - Slow base, but decent IAS. Good damage, but what shows up as 255 to 656 elemental damage on your screen ends up as 10 to 27 after PvP/resist penalties. Still decent damage, though.
*Lacerator (without amp) - BMed technically because of ctc Amp, but oh my God is it godly when it casts. Fast (base -10, 30 IAS), 33% Open Wounds, and nice damage. For anyone who somehow doesn't know, Amplify Damage is a Necro curse that multiplies physical damage to the target by two. That's double damage.
*Warshrike - I really recommend this weapon. 50% Deadly Strike, on top of great base speed (-20), and IAS (30). Good base and IAS means you can just look for damage in your other hand, and still have decent speed.
*upped Deathbit - Nice little AR boost for characters like Hammerdins, with decent defense. Adds almost 3k AR vs. other weapons. Did I mention 40% DS?
*upped the Scalper - Kinda cute, and decent if you really wanna try throwing vs. high defense characters. 33% OW, 25% AR bonus, OK damage, and 20 IAS. The 25% bonus adds less than 2k AR.

My personal favorite combos (FPA=Frames Per Attack, APS=Attacks Per Second. There are 25 frames in one second of gameplay):

*Warshrike/Wraith Flight - Probably the best GM combo out there, possibly best all around. Speed and DS on one hand, pure damage on the other. See Section VIII: Tips for helpful tips on the Shrike/Wraith throwing range bug.
IAS.....FPA....APS
0 %.....6.5....3.8
10 %....6.0....4.1
30 %....5.5....4.5
59 %....5.0....5.0
108 %...4.5....5.5

*Lacerator/Gargoyle's Bite - If you don't mind the bitching about Amp, this is sickeningly good (with some practice). The one problem, though, is the limited range on Lacerator (check the throwing range bug to see why Warshrike/Garg's is easier to use as a rule). Your opponent must be basically on your screen to be within range of Lacerator. If your opponent is a caster that insists on running and spamming, start Leaping. Keep gradually moving in closer, until they're at least on screen, then start throwing. Once you get amp on them, you can use that increased range/nice damage on Garg's to put them away.
IAS.....FPA....APS
0 %.....6.0....4.1
10 %....5.5....4.5
33 %....5.0....5.0
69 %....4.5....5.5
138 %...4.0....6.2

*Lacerator/Wraith Flight - Basically the same pro's and con's as the previous combo, so see Lacerator/Garg's for details.
IAS.....FPA....APS
0 %.....7.0....3.5
7 %.....6.5....3.8
20 %....6.0....4.1
42 %....5.5....4.5
75 %....5.0....5.0
133 %...4.5....5.5

*2x Gargoyle's Bite - Consistent, big damage, and pretty fast. Two javs gives you full range on both hands. I only have one eth Garg's currently, so I have yet to test this one out (PM me if you have one ;D )
IAS.....FPA....APS
0 %.....8.0....3.1
2 %.....7.5....3.3
7 %.....7.0....3.5
15 %....6.5....3.8
24 %....6.0....4.1
40 %....5.5....4.5
63 %....5.0....5.0
99 %....4.5....5.5
168 %...4.0....6.2

Subsection 3: Other Gear

Helm
-Arreat's Face - My favorite. If you've ever played a Barbarian before you know why. 2 Barb skills, 2 Combat skills (AR, +radius on Leap), 30 fhr, Strength, Dext, etc.
-Crown of Ages - "Ber Ber" it and you can have up to 31 dr. +1 to all skills, 30 fhr, and +20-30 all resists are also nice. However, you will need to add up to 76 more strength than if you use Arreat's. My first thrower had enough strength for this, and I now just use Arreat's/Gaze.
-(1.08) Vampire Gaze - The .08 version has more dr than CoA when Ber'd, and lower Strength requirement. There are several ways you can work this into an Arreat's build.

Armor
-Fortitude - Good freaking game. Damage is king with this build, and Fort is the king of damage. So that would make Fort the king of the king, or king squared. On top of that, it has +resists, life, and +max lightning resist. Chilling Armor adds a few thousand defense, which never hurts.
-160/60 of Stability/the Whale - You can hit some insane speeds with these, and you're still getting 160 ED.
-Enigma - The most important general PvP item in the game. It allows you to go base strength (or maybe a few points for CoA), and is packed with nice mods. 45 run/walk, +2 to all skills, 5% increased maximum life, 8 dr, and the ability to take a quick teleport when needed. I prefer the 2-3k damage per hand that Fort adds, but it certainly is at least an option with its other mods.

Amulet
-Highlord's Wrath - Deadly strike per character level, 1 to all skills, 20 IAS, lightning resist, this thing's a dream. I actually prefer it over the .08 version, just because of how cheap it is. You can make up for the 30 run/walk that 08 Highlord's gives you with 6 charm slots, and I love getting IAS on an ammy. With Warshrike, you can have close to 100% DS anyways.
-1.08 Highlord's Wrath - Same mods as current version, but replace 20 IAS with 30% faster run/walk. I've heard about the 100% DS bug, I'm just not that rich. If you got it, flaunt it I guess.
-Cat's Eye - With 30 run/walk, 20 IAS, and +35 Dext, I figured I'd include this as an option. I would personally rather have the DS from Highlord's.
-Angelic Wings - Huge AR bonuses (alongside rings obviously). Also adds +75 life, +10 Dext. I built my thrower so he has just enough Dext to equip everything while wearing Angelics (remember the 2 set piece bonus of +10 Dext). Make sure you still have the "cannot be frozen" mod somewhere though, while wearing these, either from a Cham or a Ravenfrost.

Rings
-Ravenfrost - "Cannot be frozen" mod saves you a socket, and Dext is always nice. This adds in the mid 2000's for AR and and a little bit of damage.
-Bul Kathos' Wedding Band - +1 to all skills, and about 45 to life. If you're facing a low defense character, and you just want a little more life and damage as opposed to the AR on Ravenfrost, you can throw on one of these if you still have the Dext. Also can be used for prebuff.
-Runemaster - +14 Strength, +13 Dext, 15 all resist, +147 AR. I used this on my first thrower, but I found that it was sometimes necessary to switch to Angelic/Raven for higher defense characters (Raven for Cannot be frozen), so I couldn't use this for its +attributes, since I wouldn't always have it on. So that basically ruined this ring for me. There are several other ways you could work it in to different builds though.
-Angelic Halo - Use in conjuction with amulet (see Amulet, option 4: Angelic Wings).

Belt
-Verdungo's Hearty Coil - +40 Vitality, 15 dr. The 40 Vitality looks like a huge number (and it is), but don't fall in love with this thing. Still a nice belt (I use it), but there are other options.
-Crafted OW Belt - These can get pricey as hell, but worth it if you've got it to spend. 10% OW helps more than you'd think (see Tips section), and fhr, strength, and life can be NICE. A 60 life belt will bring you within respectable range of the life you would've had with Dungo's, not to mention the Strength points it saves you.
-Nosferatu's Coil - 15 strength, 10 IAS, slows target by 10%. Useful if you come up with a build that you like and it ends up being a few IAS short of a breakpoint. And if anyone asks, no, you're not wearing any slows target, why do you ask?
Weapons (switch)
-2x Echoing's - I always make sure to get 2 Fal runes between the two of these, just in case. If you're highest strength requirement is on Arreat's, it'll definitely save you 20 strength.
-Echoing of Amplify Damage - Feel like BMing? If you don't wanna use a Lacerator, spam throws, then switch to this bad boy. The 5% chance to cast will work as long as you have this out when your opponent is hit.
-Echoing of Life Tap - If they're close enough for you to cast this, you'd probably be better off just throwing at them. Main use is PvP-PvM crossover (also pronounced: cheating): if you're BMing and no one bothered to clear out Blood Moor, using this on a group of Fallens, then Furying them is the equivalent of filling up an empty tank of gas on a car.

Gloves
-Bloodfist - 30 fhr, 10 IAS, 40 life. These things are scary good and cost nothing.
-Rare/Crafted IAS Gloves - 20 IAS, +strength, +dext, +AR, resists, knockback are all nice mods. If you need the IAS for a breakpoint, use these over Bloodfists.
-Dracul's Grasp - 25% OW, +15 strength, ctc Life Tap. Godly as hell when used right. If you're all set in all areas (IAS, fhr, etc.), these can be sex. OW only works at half efficiency on ranged attacks, but it's still helpful (see Section VI: Tips).
-Immortal King's Forge - Lmao? Rofl? Wtf? Look at the stats, not the fact that it's a set item. 40 stats. That's 40 less into Dext/Strength, and 40 more into Vitality. In effect, this adds the same life as a perf Dungo's.
-Death's Hand - Have this in your stash for WWsins, Kickers, and PNova Necros.
-Cleglaw's Pincers - Knockback, slows target by 25%. Keep them in stash, mostly for Bowazons. You don't block, and they don't miss, so you need something to keep them from getting shots off. This + Leap works wonders if you don't feel like switching gear.

Boots
-Gorerider - My boots of choice. 30 run/walk, 15% Crushing Blow/DS, 10% OW.
-Cow King's Hooves - +20 Dext, 30 run/walk, and all the fire stun damage you need. These things are also GG.
-War Traveller - Adds about 100 max damage, +10 Strength and Vitality, 25 run/walk. All about preference with boots, and I'm gonna show you a lot of options.
-Waterwalk - One of the most underused items in the game. 20 run/walk, +45-65 life, +15 Dext, and max fire resist.
-Sandstrom Trek - Not my favorite, but 20 fhr, 20 run/walk, 20-30 stats, and up to 70 poison resist make this an option for most characters.
-Immortal King's Pillar - Keep laughing, this is a throw Barb after all. But 40 run/walk, +44 life, and 110 AR make these things viable. If you got more of the set bonuses from the gloves/boots/belt, I'd recommend using them.
-Aldur's Advance - Yep, another set item that you never paid any attention to. 40 run/walk, +50 life, and up to 50 fire resist.
-Natalya's Soul - Sensing a theme? Stack cold and lightning resists (the 2 you need to stack most often), while keeping 40 run/walk for mobility.
-Hotspur - Another stash item. I think everyone knows the use for these.

Charms
-best Barb Torch possible - For once, I'd actually look for resists over attributes. You're kind of in short supply with this build.
-best Annihilus possible - Same as Torch.
-Fine Small Charm of Inertia - 3 max damage, 20 AR, 5 run/walk. I absolutely love these things. They haven't been duped in awhile, so to my knowledge they're all permed. They add 75+ max damage and 100+ AR apiece. I haven't mentioned much about it yet, but run/walk is crucial for any PvP character that can't tele (more on this in Tips section).
-Fine Small Charm of Vita - Good old 3/20/20. Just about everyone is familiar with these.
-Skill Grand Charms - Combat gc's add slightly more AR than Mastery's do, but one Mastery gc adds about the same damage as one 3/20/20, as opposed to the zero damage added by Bcombats. You also receive 1% more Critical Strike when your Throw Mastery reaches level 31. Both are cheap alternatives to 3/20/20's (they're also less effective). Warcry lifers add decent life, but 20 life sc's > plain WC gc's.
-other mods to look for - Try to get at least 20 fire damage from charms if you don't have some anywhere else, as this will often stun your opponent (same as with Bowazons). Fhr charms can be used when necessary, and run/walk, resists, damage, and AR are always nice.

Section III: Skill Placement

Warcries skill tree: You touch this tree for the same reason everyone does, more life.
Howl, Shout - 1 point - Prerequisites.
Battle Command - 1 point - +1 to all skills.
Battle Orders - 20 points - You are still a Barb, after all.

Combat Masteries skill tree: For the most part, this one's pretty much undebatable.
Iron Skin, Increased Stamina - 1 point - Prerequisites.
Natural Resist - 1 point - You'll end up with 50+ resist from this. Every point after this, though, will only end up being 1-2 all resist.
Increased Speed - 1 point - 35+ run/walk from this, but you get 1 (or less) additional run/walk for each point you add after this.
Throw Mastery - 20 points - Damage, AR, Critical Strike. No-brainer.
Spear Mastery - 1 point (optional) - I ended up adding to this recently (around level 89) when I got sick of pumping points into Leap with every level. This will help your damage with javs if you Frenzy a lot. Unfortunately, there is no Mastery that applies to Daggers. If you don't Frenzy often, just don't bother with this.

Combat skill tree: Double Throw and Swing are a must. You need all the damage you can get, and the AR comes in handy a lot. I do strongly recommend more than just 1 into Leap, too.
Bash - 1 point - Prerequisite.
Frenzy - 1 point - The occasional drive by is fun. Feel free to nail a few Zombies/Fallens that no one bothered to clear out for some nice little boosts.
Double Swing - 20 points - Damage is your friend. Best friend, as a matter of fact.
Double Throw - 20 points - You'll be thankful for the AR boost after you realize just how many Smiters there are in pub games. You're not at a loss for skill points, anyways, so this is definitely a good investment.
Leap - remaining skill points (11-12 at level 90) - Underused skill, if you decide to add to Shout instead, then be prepared to remake your Thrower. You're dual wielding, just give up on defense. This skill is so ridiculously useful with this character, check out the Tips section for help deciding how much you want to add. And remember, +skills do apply, not just raw skill points.

Section IV: Attribute Placement
Strength: As always, the bare minimum. Fal runes in your Echoings can be used to lower it some, if you have some Strength coming from gear. Add it like you normally would, once you're a high enough level for all of your gear, slowly add it and start equipping stuff.
Dext: Likewise. The highest Dext requirement on any item I'll be using is the 135 on eth Garg's, so I built my thrower so he can use this with Angelics/one Raven on.
Vitality: Everything else. Sorry, not everything on this build is original.
Energy: None.

Section V: Tips
-Javelins have a range of about 18-19 yards.
-Throwing knives/axes have a range of about 10 yards.

-The Shrike/Wraith throwing range bug: If you equip a Wraith Flight in your off hand, and a Warshrike in your dominant hand, and the Shrike has been equipped for longer (see speed bug below), you will throw 2 javelins. This only works when you hit a speed of 5.5 FPA. Don't ask why. It doesn't work at 5 frames, and it doesn't work at 6. Just 5.5. Oddly enough, doing the same thing with different weapons did not produce the same effect for me, even when hitting the same speed. The advantage to this bug is that you can use a speedy weapon with a big damage dealer, and keep the ~19 yard range on both hands. I basically never recommend using 2 knives, they won't even reach the bottom of your screen, and just touch the top of it. Unless I'm having fun with Lacerator, I basically always this combo.

-It's better to chase your opponent horizontally than vertically. The game screen is 6.3 yards higher than it is long, despite looking just the opposite. So 10 yards to the left is longer on your screen than 10 yards down. Remember this when you're dueling, most people don't. Your projectiles go a lot farther left and right than they do up and down (based on sight, not actual game yardage).

-Leap. Oh how I love this skill. Let's take a look at its radius per skill level to see where you decide you want yours at. I'll have 11 points into it at level 90, which will be level 21 after my +skills.
Knockback Radius (in yards) = 1.98 + (Leap Skill Level * 0.66)
Leap....radius....radius..........radius
level...(yards)...(vert screens)..(horizontal screens)
NOTE: This is at an 800x600 resolution.

-Open Wounds damage calculations - here's the formula for damage per frame (assuming you're between the levels of 61 and 99):
Clvl=61-99: ((45*Clvl-1319)/256) * Modifier (Modifier = .125 for pvp ranged attacks)
Example (level 90 attacker): ((45*90-1319)/256) * .125 = 1.33 damage per frame
After PvP penalty, that's 33 damage per second, for a total of just 266 damage over 8 seconds. The main advantage of OW is psychological, though (bear with me, I know it sounds gay, but I couldn't think of a better word). Most pubs have no clue how long OW lasts for, or how much damage it'll do to them. They also don't know it's only 1/2 effective on ranged attacks, as compared to melee. They just know that they're losing life, and that they want to end the duel before they die from it. So they have a tendency to get overly aggressive, which gives you the kind of opportunity you need with this character.

-Base run speed is 6 yards/second, base walk speed is 4 yard/s. Faster run/walk calculations can be found here. Faster run/walk works with diminishing returns: with a level 9 Increased Speed and 100 run/walk from gear, you run at a clip of 11.37 yards/second. With 150 from gear, you're only moving at 12.102 yards/second. You're not going to be fast enough to desynch, so just have some fun with testing how much faster run/walk you want to go with.

-There is a bug that can slow you down from time to time. Sometimes, when you leave your slower weapon on for longer, the game will take on its base speed. This bug can be solved by unequipping then re-equipping whichever of your weapons has the slower base speed. So if you have a Winged Knife (-20 base) and a Ghost Glaive (20 base), simply take off, then put back on the Glaive, and you will get the -20 base speed from the Winged Axe. So after you die, just remember to unequip then re-equip your slower weapon before getting back into the duels.

-Most people reading this know that when you "strength glitch" an item on your character, that means that you are granted the strength required to wear it by another item. When an item is strength glitched, it doesn't show up on your actual character to other players. "So tell me, why is this important?" I'll tell you, eager young Diablo II player, because if you glitch your throwing weapons, they stay invisible, even when you throw them! "Wow, that sure is swell!" I know, I know. You might even say it "pwns."

Section VI: Character Dueling Strategies
A lot of this will probably seem obvious, other parts might not. 90% of PvP on this character is having a feel for it, the other 10% is written right here. I personally hate this part of guides, but they seem to be in demand for every one that's released, so here it goes...

Zon
-Bowa - These ladies usually warrant a pretty big gear change. She's similar to you- ranged, no shield. The big difference is that her arrows are faster and have built-in heat seeking mechanisms, your weapons don't. She hits you earlier and more often. Period. So BO first if you'd like (it'll be 1-3 levels lower after the switch), then go to stash. Your armor should now be Enigma, and switch out your Echoings for a Hoto and a Stormshield. SS obviously is for dr (with any Dungo's you have max) and blocking. Why Hoto? 37 fcr = 10 frame tele, which is the same speed as a 163 fcr Druid. You now hit that breakpoint, and the next one is 63 (Wiz+Arach). The 10 Dex on Hoto will add ~4% to your block rate, bringing it somewhere in the 64% range. Now, tele right onto that biznatch, press W, and Fury/throw at her until she starts running away, then either repeat, or start throwing from close range now. But remember, walk, don't run!!!
-CS - This is where run/walk is nice. You should have enough to get away from her, take a quick little hop, then get some throws off. Lather, rinse, and repeat. If she tries throwing back at you, you can almost always beat her throw for throw.
-Lightning Fury - You throw faster, have more life, and can knock her back at will. Disadvantages are that she can block and dodge. Head hto head, she doesn't stand a chance unless she goes a block/dodge spree.

Assassin
-Trapper - A good one is going to be extremely tough to beat. Your javs have slightly more range than her Sentries do. If she's nub and just camps in her traps, use that to your advantage. Then it's her turn to make a move. She'll probably try laying them closer to you, so just run by and get on her. 86 fhr is nice here. A good one that actually has some skill the MB is going to be more of a read and react duel.
-WWsin - This is a toughy. Death's Gloves are always good. Anyways, I hate when people say this, but try not to get hit. Catch her between DF/WW's with a Leap, and get off some throws. A lot of this duel is chance, a few luck claw blocks and you're toast, a couple throws landed without it and she is.

Barb
-WW - Well, this build's not flawless. These guys are going to rape you. Flat out, end of story. Any decent BvA or BvC is going to bend you over backwards and do terrible, terrible things to you. I know it's graphic, but be warned. If they try long, desynching WW's, get outta the way, and be ready to get some throws off after the WW ends. A good one, however, is just gonna tele on you and kick your ass. If he's a Fort retard, outrun him and hop around between WW's.
-Throwers and Singers - Haven't exactly, uhh, met any.

Druid
-Windy - A couple Leaps often does a nice job of separating him and from minions. It's gonna be easier, once they're apart, to take out Oak first, then him. Once the Oak's gone, don't let him get away to recast it untouched. Oh yeah, and never, ever let him on top of you. Ever. A block Druid will rape you toe to toe, and even a good non-block one will stand a chance.

Necro
-Boner - Play it cautious at first, since you need to break Bone Armor. Max block will usually take you out, but non-block is very beatable. I have beaten some decent block Nec's though. Don't let them sit back and spam Spirit, or they're gonna line up behind you and now he's got you on the run. Keep him on the move. and if he's coming toward your screen, a nice little hop should slow him down. I'd consider Bone Spear to be the closest commonly used attack to Double Throw. You guys are similar, but he has a shield and tele, you have Leap. If you haven't figured it out, you sorta need that skill. And as with any other character, beware of IBS when dueling any Boner (tee-hee, boner).
-Poison Nova - Death's gloves if you actually need them. He needs to get close, so hop around until he comes in to attack, then PK. Keep in mind, you can hit him when he's a screen away, but he can't hit you.

Paladin
-Tele Hammer - Your typical Shako/Zak/Mara's MFar pub is extremely easy. Leap or even just run down, and keep throwing while he stands in place wondering what the hell's going on. If he gets close, Leap down and to the right. And repeat. If he's any good, mix it up a bit, get in some little hops, and throw. If you really can't hit him, switch to Angelics, same thing goes for any other high defense character.
-Charge Hammer - Try to get near where he's going, never go to where he's been. Leap around in place until you hear him being knocked back into fhr motion. By this time, he's gotta be somewhat close, so start throwing ahead of him (I usually go about 1.5 screens in front).
-V/T, Smite - I don't know, try my favorite move, the infamous "/f m someone help me come pk this ghey smiter, hes bein a fag" They charge, which not only outruns you, but it's uninterruptable, so no Leap, either. They hit every time, and you probably don't have max dr. It sucks, but there's not much you can do here. You can try Angelics, but not much is gonna help. Try to get em caught up in trees, etc, and just keep running and throwing.
-FoH - Stack 'em up, or you're screwed. Orted/Umed Kira's can be nice. If he just Charges around randomly, throw in a straight line and wait for him to pass through. Move the line towards him if necessary. You aren't going to get a lot of chances to hit here probably (if he plays it defensive, and what else are they gonna do?), so Angelics might be a good idea, to make the most of your chance. Extremely defensive + decent defense + high damage = problems.

Sorc
-FB - At first, she thinks you can't hit her from a screen away. She's wrong. Once she figures you out, Leap. She'll spam and you'll spam, this'll stop the flow of Fireballs for a bit. This is more having a feel for the character than anything. I can beat most non-block FBers toe to toe, hit for hit anyways.
-Blizz - A max blocker is especially tough to beat. Watch where you're running, and beware holding a namelock for too long. If you lock her, she's gonna stay ahead of your throws, or break the lock. The only time she's gonna stop is to attack you. Leap if she gets close, and take advantage of small opportunities. Defensive characters are tough to beat on throwers.
-Light - Most of the time, you can outdamage her toe to toe (which she won't believe so she'll spam "LOL NICE SORB NOOB" and the likes), since you'll put her into fhr motion more often. Be aware of Sorces that don't have that cute little orb over their head, because they're probably packing some big damage, but will die after like two throws. Keep in mind, your throws have a slight range advantage vs. her Lightning. So if she stands in place shooting at you, get so it's coming to an end just in front of you, then throw right down the line that it makes. Lots of pubs think I'm AAing when I kill them doing this.
-Orb - Two Ravens help out, but I don't consider them BM, it's not like you're putting them on just for her. I like small Leaps here, since she has to get close to attack you. The Leap will knock her back, then your throws should have her stuck in fhr motion before she can even get an Orb off.

Last edited by treezzzzz on 13 Sep 2007 01:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Join Clan Transformers Today!! (links below)
Clan Forums Recruitment Thread

1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  Reply to topic  d3jsp Forum Index -> Diablo II Discussion -> Builds Guides All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: