Play Legend of the Green Dragon Play BNT Play Promisance Play Alien Assault Traders Play Quantum Star Play Some Chess  
   D3jsp RPGRPG   ArcadeArcade   Multiplayer PokerD3Jsp Poker   FAQ/RulesFAQ/Rules  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ChatroomLive Chat   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Are my raffles helping this site grow?
Previous  1, 2

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Selling and Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic ::  

Are the raffles helping the site?
yes
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
no
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

Gaz3

Group: Banned
Gold: Locked
Clan: CORRUPT

us.gif

Warn:

Banned

Post#21 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 03:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Gaz3 wrote:
Same to you my advisor.

Hopefully you'll be one sometime =]

Also, I may throw some D3J FG into FG raffles... Or we could co-run one. I was thinking of doing my own.

I am sure the public will love that and it will bring up your street credit to. Pm me if you ever want to dual raffle.

Dnote
Mayor Dnote

Group: Mayor
Donor:
Gold: 16.90
Clan: Epic Clan Name

zi.gif

Warn:

Post#22 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 03:43 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Dnote wrote:
certainly promoting activeness and is incentive for members to stay.

True, but lotteries like this are only incentive as long as they run.. It's gonna have to become a permanent thing if people are staying because of that.

How long do you plan on running these Gaz3?

not what i meant

"I AM THE GUITAR TUNED IN D HAMMERING AWAY ONE NOTE." ~ GiantBob
Gaz3

us.gif

Warn:

Banned

Post#23 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 04:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11/2 looking to get 20 yes's

Bump

Last edited by Gaz3 on 19 Jun 2012 06:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gaz3

us.gif

Warn:

Banned

Post#24 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 06:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
urgetopurge

Group: Scammer

Warn:

<b><font color=red>Scammer</font></b>

Post#25 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 06:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no.

The reason is that I was apart of dtrades aka postabout aka back to dtrades now for years (since 05). I watched it go thru an interesting phase where it was at that decline right after a climax and watched it all the way thru what it was just a few months back, a complete deadzone. Throughout these years, the owner Tenjuna tried very hard to pick the traffic back up from countless weekly raffles (Which like 5-8 people attended) to incentives not all too different from what you're doing now. None of it really helped in the long run. Sure, you'd see a few people for the weekend, but they'd disappear soon and never remain permanent members like you intended.

The truth is, you can't buy members, EVER, or at least the number you want. That only comes with changes in policy not with the offerings. And looking at jsp vs d3jsp vs dtrades, the latter two sites had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better service. Quicker and more helpful mods, responsive admins (i msg'd tenjuna for the comprehensive list of forum transactions which he made public a few months back but i had lost hte post. he msg'd be within a few hours), and very nice freebies like what you do. The people who are voting yes are already well established members who enjoy these raffles, not new members who are inclined to stay just because of this.

tl;dr - your intentions are good but it won't single handedly achieve the results you want.

Stoned 4 lyfe

Gold: 0.00

us.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#26 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 06:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, slowly but I still see users coming on more then before briggrin.

Edit : Before as in while I've been here.. Obviously a little new myself, but it was dead when I first joined xD

Last edited by JuicyJays on 19 Jun 2012 06:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gaz3

us.gif

Warn:

Banned

Post#27 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 07:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urgetopurge wrote:
I voted no.

The reason is that I was apart of dtrades aka postabout aka back to dtrades now for years (since 05). I watched it go thru an interesting phase where it was at that decline right after a climax and watched it all the way thru what it was just a few months back, a complete deadzone. Throughout these years, the owner Tenjuna tried very hard to pick the traffic back up from countless weekly raffles (Which like 5-8 people attended) to incentives not all too different from what you're doing now. None of it really helped in the long run. Sure, you'd see a few people for the weekend, but they'd disappear soon and never remain permanent members like you intended.

The truth is, you can't buy members, EVER, or at least the number you want. That only comes with changes in policy not with the offerings. And looking at jsp vs d3jsp vs dtrades, the latter two sites had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better service. Quicker and more helpful mods, responsive admins (i msg'd tenjuna for the comprehensive list of forum transactions which he made public a few months back but i had lost hte post. he msg'd be within a few hours), and very nice freebies like what you do. The people who are voting yes are already well established members who enjoy these raffles, not new members who are inclined to stay just because of this.

tl;dr - your intentions are good but it won't single handedly achieve the results you want.

I understand what you are saying here but 20+ people attend my raffles smile.

Jidan

Donor:
Gold: 0.20

us.gif

Warn: Banned

Banned

Post#28 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 07:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only when I win.
urgetopurge

Warn:

Post#29 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 07:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaz3 wrote:
urgetopurge wrote:
I voted no.

I understand what you are saying here but 20+ people attend my raffles smile.

but are they newer members? or the same 20 people with how many of them being frequent members? in order for a forum to grow, newer members must join while keeping the old ones present. your raffles may do a good job on the latter but that alone is not enough.

some other effort must be done to increase newer members. what that is, im not too sure of myself, but so i will leave that to you. but i do applaud your currnet efforts.
Gaz3

us.gif

Warn:

Banned

Post#30 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 09:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

WhiteWatch

Donor:

Warn:

Post#31 Posted: 19 Jun 2012 09:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If d3jsp was reddit, I'd give you karma.

If you are a big scale supplier or buyer, we can discuss bank transfers.
1 Members: Guest
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  d3jsp Forum Index -> Selling and Trading All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: